It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are atheists the pawns of Satan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

not the amalakits though lol

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: algag1129
Dear algag, You sound like a fellow heathen! To me, God is what we make of him.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If an atheist were to believe in Satan - a creation of god then they couldn't be an atheist. However I think some extreme religious folks think Satan created atheistism to draw people into what the extremists consider sin, ie not believing in god.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

In my opinion and from my experience, atheists in America are outnumbered by Christians and (not always, by no means always) socially persecuted by extremely religious and fanatical peoples, and this early societal persecution might shape them to be more aware of other social persecution in America and target Christianity in general. I'm not saying atheists are victims, no more than any other person can be said a victim, but this is my experience and I think it explains why atheists are so prone to attack the majority of perceived persecutors. Everybody just wants to be treated fairly, right?
Sometimes we all forget to treat others fairly as well, even atheists.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11
That is a fantastic point! Though I've recently came to believe Christians of that nature have been heavily subverted.

I'm not religious, not yet anyway. I can't see nor hear God, but satan is everywhere I look.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Hello Char-lee, Excellent point about atheists on the sideline. Many states have laws forbidding atheists from holding elected office. If an atheist wants to be a teacher, forget it! Can you imagine an atheist president? My god! (sorry)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

Oh, I do believe religious zealotry is on the decline in America (I can't speak for other places, I simply don't know...), but I can assure you, much like racism, it survives in little pockets. I grew up in rural Appalachia, where the Christians were either the nicest, kindest, and most welcoming people or the most hateful and repressive.

As for seeing satan everywhere, I don't know if I could say the same, even figuratively. I see a lot of hate, a lot of frustration and confusion, but I don't see the evil that satan is supposed to represent. Then again, just because I don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I do hope you see less of it, either way.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
I know that this is a ridiculous title, but there are those that believe it. There are zealots who believe that atheists, among others, serve the will of Satan, and seek to impugn the glory of God and to worship unholy evil to debase the majesty of God. Therefore, in the eyes of some, an atheist seeks to vanquish God, his mortal enemy. An atheist, to them, is a mortal enemy that seeks the destruction of rightiousness. Ergo, an atheist is seen as a mortal enemy by some.
Either you love God, or you are a heathen. Therefore, are atheists just trying to live their lives, or are they the spawn of Satan?
heh, well ya know, uhm since you asked, and uhh you want to use the Bible to cement this view and aaaaa,, well you want to use what God says about you, wellllll, I didn't say it God did, so aaaah, well

you aint no big thing. According to the Bible God says "ONLY the fool says there is no God". So I guess that probably means that if Satan or any of the other powers or principalities unseen seek out a human tool to use and throw away as if they were a "pawn", they would probably look for the "ONLY" fools available hehe...you asked, God said it and you chose to use the Bible as your reference, lol, so don't get mad at me, you asked

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This meme, that "disbelievers are the tools of evil," is one reason why religion is so successful... as in anyone questioning it is "evil" and working for the "other side"... case closed.

It's insular, circular and self-confirming... though in my own experience some of most kind and truly wonderful people I've known have been atheists.

People are their ideologies... for better and quite often, for worse.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arpad
That is a fantastic point! Though I've recently came to believe Christians of that nature have been heavily subverted.

I'm not religious, not yet anyway. I can't see nor hear God, but satan is everywhere I look.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Satan is only a possibility if you believe in Christian mythology. There is not "Satan" as an evil figure in Judaism. In fact, Lucifer (in Judaism) is not necessarily "Satan" . . . one is a fallen archangel and the other is simply "an adversary". It is only in Christian mythology where those two entities are linked as the same person. There is also no Hell in Judaism. Gehenna (Jewish version of Hell) is not a place of punishment and is not lorded over by Lucifer. It is a place souls go to be washed clean before they can ascend.

So . . . if you "see Satan everywhere" . . . you are seeing the Christian's version of god. For without him . . . the popular view of "Satan" doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Yes, but organized atheists fight hard to attack Christians symbols and hollidays. Then fight to support other religions identities.

Those types of atheists are also hypocrites. I have often been in the middle of a debate with a Christian when an atheist jumps in to defend my faith against the Christian's. It's always annoyed me and I don't consider those people to be true atheists.

I think the majority of them do it because Christianity is a symbol of oppressive religion that's everywhere in western culture. As far as harm done by religion goes, Christianity is the easiest target. I think the rest that cherry pick their personally-hated religion do so out of daddy or mommy issues and growing up in strict abusive Christian households.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's a simple question to answer from a religious perspective.. Anyone who does not believe in God and the last day is the spawn of Satan. I understand some may not agree but that is the way it is through all the major religions.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Dear Cuervo of Cascadia, Your wisdom is compelling. An atheist has no issue with God. An atheist does not have to deal with the cruelty of God, it is the actions of his followers, to paraphrase Gandhi.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Anyone who does not believe in God and the last day is the spawn of Satan. I understand some may not agree but that is the way it is through all the major religions.

Really? You do know Jews do not even believe in Satan, right?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

To be fair, I will agree with your sentiment, but not your choice of phrasing. While I find it annoying (and morally repulsive) that someone should pick and choose which religions to defend and attack (either defend all or attack all...), I feel that saying "you can't be an atheist and..." is silly. Of course you can. Atheism is not a religious movement. It is a lack of belief in one thing. You can be a racist atheist, a peaceful atheist, a ... pretty much whatever you want except a religious atheist.

I will also admit that of course Christianity is the easy target. It's what most Americans have experienced, first hand or otherwise. It only makes sense to discuss what you know.
edit on 29-6-2014 by hydeman11 because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I believe that even Christians can unwittingly sever as pawns of Satan. Once you have become a believer in Christ, part of the responsibility that comes with the relationship is maintaining the filling of the Holy Spirit, and fellowship with God. This is achieved via 1 John 1:9; confess your known sins privately to God the Father as needed, and you will be in fellowship with Him. If a Christian neglects this function of his/her individual priesthood, then they potentially become Satan's pawn in his great conspiracy.

Unfortunately, the is no neutrality on earth. You are either in fellowship with God by His terms, or you are open to demonic influence.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Solomons Path- I went through a period where I bought into that whole argument that Satan is only a new concept unique to the new testament, and Christianity just seemed to run with it. But I've since really re-evaluated my views. While I do agree with you that the concept of Hell isn't mentioned much in the old testament or anywhere near the detail it is in the new testament, and actually is "Gehenna" and may have always been meant to be a symbolic explanation for the afterlife.

I don't know If I agree that Satan and Lucifer are not the same entities. I mean, their characteristics, the prideful rebellion thats described in both the OT and the NT. The Adversary and a fallen archangel really go hand in hand when you really think of it. You fall from grace, because you tried to ascend to be like the Most High.. and as a result you become a rebel, "lawless one" " son of perdition" etc... the very nature of falling and being punished would lead to you becoming God's adversary on a personal level, and towards his people and everything that represents him.

Don't fall for deception, the Devil is the father of all lies, and we've seen some pretty damn good liars in our history. He knows how to twist anything and everything to make it seem like he is truly the lightbearer, and loving with good intentions for humanity, when in all honesty.. he is hellbent on destroying humanity- because we are a constant reminder to him of what he lost.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path

I'm not sure that makes sense. Satan is only a possibility if you believe in Christian mythology. There is not "Satan" as an evil figure in Judaism. In fact, Lucifer (in Judaism) is not necessarily "Satan" . . . one is a fallen archangel and the other is simply "an adversary". It is only in Christian mythology where those two entities are linked as the same person. There is also no Hell in Judaism. Gehenna (Jewish version of Hell) is not a place of punishment and is not lorded over by Lucifer. It is a place souls go to be washed clean before they can ascend.

So . . . if you "see Satan everywhere" . . . you are seeing the Christian's version of god. For without him . . . the popular view of "Satan" doesn't exist.
As far as Judaism goes in this respect, satan is samael. Satan is name given to him after his fall. Lucifer is used synonomously and interchangable with satan in the same way sally or jake johnson and their father jimmy johnson are all known as johnsons. Lucifer is either cain or his twin sister. I personally lean its his sister. Even though most believe it is cain. But I contend lucifer, lucy, etc... is a womans name. Red headed green eyed woman. Interesting helen keller, a luciferian, made the hand sign for "eye love you" to be the horns sign luciferians run around today fashionally casting and flaunting. Lol, or how about that red headed green eyed tv programming of the past called "I love lucy". A couple of coincidences to bring sumerian past into todays schooling.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113
Dear vjr1113, If the Lord completely blotted out the memory of the Amalakites, then how is it that you are asking me about them?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

The Jewish version is pretty much what the Biblical version is. Satan is Symbolic for Evil desire and actions on this planet. I think the Hell part was installed to scare the living crap out of people. Likely to control people.

edit on 29-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join