It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are atheists the pawns of Satan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know that this is a ridiculous title, but there are those that believe it. There are zealots who believe that atheists, among others, serve the will of Satan, and seek to impugn the glory of God and to worship unholy evil to debase the majesty of God. Therefore, in the eyes of some, an atheist seeks to vanquish God, his mortal enemy. An atheist, to them, is a mortal enemy that seeks the destruction of rightiousness. Ergo, an atheist is seen as a mortal enemy by some.
Either you love God, or you are a heathen. Therefore, are atheists just trying to live their lives, or are they the spawn of Satan?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You had one thing correct and that was about the title to the thread .This "either you are with us or are against us" that Bush used was non sensible .Atheist just don't believe there is a God .I know lots of them and I don't see them really fitting into the picture of Gods plan . a reply to: Diderot

(post by RocksFromSpace removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
OP I second, or third, that your title is ridiculous. Thought this was going to be a thread in the other direction TBH.
It is a sad thought that people do believe this tho

edit on 29/6/14 by masqua because: Removed quote

edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 18:16:31 -0500America/Chicago620143180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I know lots of them and I don't see them really fitting into the picture of Gods plan .

And what exactly is God's plan and when did God happen to share that with you?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
I know that this is a ridiculous title, but there are those that believe it. There are zealots who believe that atheists, among others, serve the will of Satan, and seek to impugn the glory of God and to worship unholy evil to debase the majesty of God. Therefore, in the eyes of some, an atheist seeks to vanquish God, his mortal enemy. An atheist, to them, is a mortal enemy that seeks the destruction of rightiousness. Ergo, an atheist is seen as a mortal enemy by some.
Either you love God, or you are a heathen. Therefore, are atheists just trying to live their lives, or are they the spawn of Satan?

Dude, what God

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
People have a tendency to fear the unknown, and I've known several people unwilling to simply talk to a person of differing beliefs. Some of my best friends were the most religious people I've ever met, so thankfully it is not that case that all religious people believe this.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well that is a good question that only God could answer .It was a question I never asked so I don't know .Cant give you a answer .I am sure it's in the Bible though .There are more answers to many questions I probably will never ask . a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
boo

an atheist wouldn't worship any god including angels or boogie man/woman

satan just happened to be smart

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Then how would you know who would or would not fit into 'God's plan' if you do not know what this plan is?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Are atheists the pawns of Satan?

Um, no. Not unless you believe in the bible or some other religious doctrine.

Are the elves in the North Pole really magic?
Well, only if you believe in that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Everyone alive is a pawn of 'Satan'. Well, unless you're an Atheist...in that case, everyone is a pawn of 'Complacency and Non-Enlightenment'.

But, I guess we're, at least, all 'trying' here, aren't we? But it's still so easy, self included, to fall back into some 'steadfast belief of what 'IT' is'...whether 'Religious' or 'Science' based. Every time I think I know the answer, all that I have learned is that I have fallen back asleep...and have to reboot my 'question everything' engine.
edit on 29-6-2014 by R3v3l4710ns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am working on understanding His plan for me .All I can add to that is for anyone interested what He may have in store for them to seek Him out through His Word , the Bible . a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Complete nonsense. I know many Atheists, and they are some of the kindest, most thoughtful people you could ever hope to meet.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."~~Gandhi

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot
A lot of generalizations in the Op and responses. But if I were to generalize I would say the zealously religious make the better pawns. The atheist is more on the sideline no player in the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
By the definition itself, no. As for the organized movement, yes. But then it all depends on the definition of satan.

The top leaders in the organized sect of atheism all have one thing in common.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Therefore, in the eyes of some, an atheist seeks to vanquish God, his mortal enemy.

That logic never made sense to me. An atheist does not want to "vanquish" something they don't believe exists.

Also, if the Christian god was vanquished, wouldn't that also vanquish Satan? You can't believe in Satan if don't believe in the other gods of that pantheon.

Theistic Satanists believe in the Christian god.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Yes, but organized atheists fight hard to attack Christians symbols and hollidays. Then fight to support other religions identities.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
Dear the 2 of you, Very many righteous Christians deserve my utmost love and respect, and you are among them. That is because I trust that you love humanity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join