It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Iraq gains, Qaeda offshoot claims Islamic "caliphate"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Agreed on the need to see him stopped early and while it's still possible to do it.

There is one BIG thing I came away from the Nasiri book with (the guy who went through the Al Qaeda training camps before 9/11). These guys send out fighters in a world wide franchise. I mean, to the fighters on that side, it's not a bunch of different wars in Chechnya to Iraq to Syria to Kenya to the Philippines. It's ONE war. Many campaigns.

He won't be so easy to interdict if those various elements all coverage back into one force, in one place. It still wouldn't match numerical forces of Western armies ..but then, these guys don't fight stand up fights so numbers aren't nearly as important as they once were I believe.

I hate to say this...but this is where some of that "evil" logic from the movie The Siege comes into play. Lose small or lose Big? It's lose either way beyond a certain point, IMO. Just mitigation beyond that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Figure his next move? I never figured him quite this smart to be honest.

Your right though.... it is time to figure what he will do next, giving him a bit more credit for intelligence this time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Their use of commercial drones as look outs and spies, their net presence and marketing....no this guy is the real deal. He has been doing this since 2003 and now he has a real powerbase, serious resources and multitudes flocking from all over europe and russia to join him.....

I know Is was heading to the saudi Arabian border and that Egypt was sending forces to bolster them and I know iraq just got their jets......

Who wants to bet the planes belong to IS within a month?

More importantly where is the largest and closest group of people he would want dead?
edit on 29-6-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

That is what I figure is next really, this caliphate will create a call for many of them to converge in one place.... maybe. But keeping some spread out will also be important, the whole, mess with us we will mess with you.

So its the extras that will converge. He would still need threats in place to prevent other countries from fighting. That would be useful to him in the long run.

Oil fields are next, he is taking over the banks and monetary abilities of every town he has taken... he will need larger monetary abilities than only that. This gives him money to pay his followers, but he needs the oil fields and Baghdad for any further country invading force.

He needs the capitol first.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Iran, the shia will be the first target. But they are too strong for him now. He needs weaker than this nation. But the shia are the first group he will want dead.
edit on 29-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
T
Or he needs it gone, not hard to do there right now. And is Russia sees the writing on the wall and lets Iraq fall and quietly backs them while they take syria....
edit on 29-6-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

One thing that I have noticed is the complete silence from al-Zawahiri. Usually, a tape or video will surface from him when there are major developments such as this. Perhaps he is dead?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

need? Yes, because they will truly unto dead stand against him.

But, not even Saddam with the chemical weapons from the US could invade Iran.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Disturbing thought, especially if it was a coup...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Saddam wasn't this guy...he doesn't need to conquer their cities, just decimate them chemically. Do we really believe that we got all of Syrias chemical weapons? Wouldn't all of this make more sense if the Caliph had a few secret trump cards buried in the sand?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Interesting Israel comes out today in support of a Kurdish state,now Turkey is 72 per cent Sunni and 25 per cent Shia,whilst the Kurds are mostly Sunni,could this be a move to put a wedge or spanner in the works of a Sunni state?

Just a Nostradamus thing,when the Turks get involved start worrying.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

english.al-akhbar.com...

No, not silent.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Hanslune

Abu Bakr had a caliphate where the vote was not attended by everyone, nor agreed to by everyone. Sunni's teach it was still a valid caliphate.

Only the shia disagree with that... that is what caused the sunni shia split. This right here, is what caused the first split in Islam, and sunni for 1400 years have been teaching it was valid.

This is why I said, he named himself aptly... he knows what he is doing...

Here you go with more sunnie hate mongering ! With disinformation

Lets give the members a more accurate discription of events and let them decide

after the death of Hazrat Muhammad(SAW) Muslims began to argue about who should be the next leader of Muslims, some of those who favoured hazrat ali were called shias and those who favoured hazrat abu bakar and hazrat umer were called sunnis. but all three of them became khalifa one by one in the end.
The unfortunate incident of the merciless martyrdom of the grandson of the holy Prophet (MPBUH) along with the members of his family at Karbala caused the split in the Muslims - Shiites and Sunnies, though the incident was equally condemnable for all the Muslim Ummah. It is equally regarded shameful and hateful by the Sunnies. No Muslim justifies it. They have the same regard and love for the Ahli-Bait as anybody else may claim.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The kurds have been a thorn in everyone's side, but i don't see this as any big spanner. Just a light headache. He has been granting some level of autonomy through sharia and jizya... I see him as better able to deal with the kurds than anyone else most likely.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Caliph list

The last guy to try having the title was stopped by Saud in the 1920's.

Hussein's claim for caliphate was not accepted however, and in 1925 he was driven from Hejaz by the forces of Ibn Saud

Saudi Arabia and Iran don't agree on much but they will agree this dude isn't the legitimate Caliph.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Iran wont accept any caliph that is not Imam Mahdi (aj) and Saudia doesn't like threats to their power. On this they would agree, but the hatred runs pretty deep - I don't see them joining forces.

They could, but it would surprise me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Caliph list

The last guy to try having the title was stopped by Saud in the 1920's.

Hussein's claim for caliphate was not accepted however, and in 1925 he was driven from Hejaz by the forces of Ibn Saud

Saudi Arabia and Iran don't agree on much but they will agree this dude isn't the legitimate Caliph.

Exactly ! Their are more powerful Muslim countries that don't agree with this caliph god willing they will unite in some form to stop him.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Well if the kingdom of Saud falls, then this Caliph will have Mecca Medina.......could ally with Israel to break Iran. Common goals and all....

Historically there was no Israel nation when the Caliphate was founded so there is no historical precedent to stop the scenario. The act of alliance could be twisted to say it was a subservient act of a nation with common ancestry to aid the Caliphate, like all infidels are supposed to be subservient or whatever.

This would make a good movie plot.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

shia means follower. The first "shia" were called Shiati Ali, because they were followers of Imam Ali.

Your revisionist history is sweet though. Everything was happiness and joy and everyone agreed on everything. They just had to differentiate themselves by who they followed.

Here is a better link for you to read:

www.al-islam.org...
edit on 29-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Who is behind the new Caliphate,,Bagdadi is just vice regent,,

Ahmadiyya Caliphate (1908-present)

Khalifatul Masih

Khalīfatul Masīh
The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community a messianic movement in Islam,
believe that the Ahmadiyya Caliphate established after the passing of the community's founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad,

is the re-establishment of the Rashdin Caliphate,

as prophesized by Muhammad. The current successor to Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is Khalifatul Masih V, Mirza Masroor Ahmad residing in London, England.

full article here:
en.wikipedia.org...-present.29
Seems like a legit candidate,,

anyone else in the Saudi/Arabian/Persian/Turkish,,Grand House's??
that might be a contender for the Throne?
After all,,, new Nation should pick its King/Caliph/Caser/Christ/Messiah,,,,,wisely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join