It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I live in Europe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: darkorange
Haha, there are many differences between countries of course, but rugby requires only boots, a gumshield, and a ball.
That says much to me, especially when a 'blood bin' stitch or two gets a guy back in the game in minutes.
I am glad my late teen lad plays rugby for his town...and I am glad that the only American football he ever plays is on the beach for a relaxed laugh after rugby training.

Actually I agree with you. That's where one to start. This may inure populace migration tendencies once sport events migrate along flawlessly or with little effort.

I wish US of A people explore rest of the world more actively. Seems like patriotism keeping then on their turf. Afraid to discover other parts of civilization, perhaps?

)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I read the whole thread up to this post and i need to say this: my head almost exploded.

Quick question for my bros and sis's from europe; how do you like the generalization that europeans are alike?

That is one of the most outright stupid generalization there is. Many if not all of the member states of EU are different by culture, people, language, climate and general dwelling.

Also worth noting is that history is more than just a buzzword, it surely is some thing to ponder on, and maybe try to get to the bottom of it. How about scratching just a surface?

This thread is just total crap from someone young and ignorant, imho.

Best Regards from Finland, also known as Winland

BTW, it has been creepy cold and strange weather this year!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: menneni
I read the whole thread up to this post and i need to say this: my head almost exploded.

Quick question for my bros and sis's from europe; how do you like the generalization that europeans are alike?

That is one of the most outright stupid generalization there is. Many if not all of the member states of EU are different by culture, people, language, climate and general dwelling.

Also worth noting is that history is more than just a buzzword, it surely is some thing to ponder on, and maybe try to get to the bottom of it. How about scratching just a surface?

This thread is just total crap from someone young and ignorant, imho.

Best Regards from Finland, also known as Winland

BTW, it has been creepy cold and strange weather this year!

Are you implying something bad is going to happen in Finland?

besides WRC Rally?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here's how ignorant this site is. the general consensus and population of this site is geared toward America. You can tell by the shifts of trends on the site.

Most of the trending is down during United States day time hours. Right now it's 12:20 at night on week day in England.

In the eastern time zone of the US it's 8:20.

Therefore it's absolutely b/s that anyone during the last few days that this thread has been going on from Europe and NOT the US would be blowing the thread up.

ESPECIALLY how many Americans are on this site. or shall i say accounts geared toward American Pride.

Web Site DEBUNKED!

And it's not rocket science it's just paying attention to detail.
edit on 30-6-2014 by PrebelShotme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What?

2nd.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No i'm not implying that. Just noticing that weather has been weird(er) this year.

It's almost like you could say that climate is changing. Maybe it is because of northpole wandering slightly towards our direction. Then again maybe not.

I did not get the idea of WRC-rally being a bad thing? What are you implying if i may ask?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme
Your just upset my friend because your post is an unbacked biased view of Europe that most of your compatriots do not believe or agree with.
America seems to have the highest volume of players on Call of duty at any given hour night or day?

The time frame of response is irrelevant as the posts are sitting there waiting for you. On top of this the only person who seems ignorant around this post seems to be you.

The only thing that has been debunked here is, your either a shill with to much time on your hands or a very sad uneducated individual with very little travel and geographical knowledge.

In response to something you mentioned about us losing guns earlier - You have got one point there, we lost our guns after a very sad school shooting which dictated such a predicament.

My question to you is how many more sad school shootings will it take before you lose your guns?
Id venture a guess and say none! They are already going!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Europe sucks! Merica!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sixandone
Europe sucks! Merica!

Well, that was a well reasoned reply was it not?
Care go give at least a single reason why you believe what you have stated?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
An American friend of mine told me he would never visit Europe.
I asked him why, he replied "too many foreigners"

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Better wine
Better cheese

Really? But does it matter that I can get any cheese/wine from around the world any given day of the week and I would bet for cheaper than at the local store in the country it comes from?

BTW I live in Washington and we have 100s of Pinot Noir to die for and right next to those local wines are 100s of Burgundy and Bordeaux wines. BTW the beer here rocks, my local brew house has 50 taps of local and international beers. I'm sure a typical European neighborhood has all this too...hehe

edit on 3-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
We're obviously just more relaxed than the stuck up people who don't want to have any fun in this life.

Relaxed? Not wanting fun? Ever been to Amsterdam or Berlin? When it comes to "vices", Europe is far more liberal than the US - granted, things are different from nation to nation, but generally speaking, life is much more easy going over this side of the pond.

Also, you can have Piers Morgan back; No one wanted his punk arse here anyways.

I'm not sure why Yanks always bring this up - it's not as if we sent him to you - you guys actually invited him over so you can keep him!

If you have more freedoms why can't you have guns?

Epic fail. Guns are quite accessible and legal in a vast majority of EU states, even in Germany or the UK, it's just most people don't want them. Again, I am unsure why Americans think owning a gun equates to "freedom". Ironic really, as it is the US which has just got rid of Net neutrality, affecting your internet "freedom" when the EU parliament has expressly legislated to preserve it.

Or not have cctv on every corner?

A myth. That old "300 times a day" quote (which I am sure is in the back of your mind) comes from a report written years ago, based on about 1 sq. mile of London which, later, was criticised for dodgy methods and eventually even dismissed by it's own authors as flawed. Also, 95% of all CCTV (in the UK at least) is of the sort that is in shops, petrol stations etc and not some creepy Government monitoring service.

By comparison, look at US cities like Chicago or NY - far, far more CCTV controlled by the State/Police than any European city.

I think you're just jealous of our awesome Ideas; Like American Football,

Based on Rugby

and Hollywood.

Hollywood is just a place. Most of the worlds big films are these days produced in Europe, specifically the UK. Even big hit "US" TV shows - such as 24 or Game of Thrones.

And electricity,

William Gilbert? Michael Faraday? Alessandro Volta? Christian Ørsted? André-Marie Ampère? I could go on, but Ben Franklin nearly killing himself with a kite doesn't mean you own it.

and the internet. (Which you're using by the way.(You're welcome))

There is no such thing as "the internet" - what you think of as such is actual a combination of many different technologies.

P.S. America was founded on business, money, and guns.

And isn't that obvious?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

You didn't think Taken was a documentary, did you?

Oh deary me...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It depends on how it was reported to the Police.

If they had a call saying some chav's were in the Park with what appeared to be a firearm, is it an acceptable response to send down a single bobby to "have a word"? What if they did have a gun? What if they shot the Bobby and went on a rampage? You'd be second guessing them then saying they should have acted more strongly. Sometimes, the Police just can't win with some people.

It only seems like an over-reaction after the fact and when you have all the info. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but don't use it to second guess the actions of people who weren't in possession of all the facts and are obliged to protect people.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: menneni

No i'm not implying that. Just noticing that weather has been weird(er) this year.

It's almost like you could say that climate is changing. Maybe it is because of northpole wandering slightly towards our direction. Then again maybe not.

I did not get the idea of WRC-rally being a bad thing? What are you implying if i may ask?

It contributes to pollution, does it not. See, bunch of cars, close to 200, non of them with environment in mind, racing through countryside. I am joking) I love Finland.

cheers)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join