It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I live in Europe?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Give it time considering we are arming more and more these days, or so it seems.

Wee dudes where i live were playing with a potato gun in the park not so long ago. Someone phoned the police and the response was 4 armed officers with what appeared to be automatic weapons, a helicopter, 4 police cars, 2 meat waggons and 3 wee Neds on the ground, arms well behind their head, and the pee running out their shorts i imagine.

Talk about disproportionate action!

edit on 30-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

I think you're just jealous of our awesome Ideas; Like American Football, and Hollywood. And electricity, and the internet. (Which you're using by the way.(You're welcome))

P.S. America was founded on business, money, and guns.

We continue that tradition to this day.

The internet (or more particularly the web) was invented by a Brit, Tim Berners-Lee....sorry to burst your bubble there squire

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
>>
They capture american girls and turn them into prostitutes or sell them for loads of money to high ranking drug cartel or weaponry cartel.

Or even worse just turn them into dope addicts and drain there pockets dry.

At the end of the day there is a whole society with a dark shadow over just looking to ruin your whole life because you are from America.
>>

Let me guess.

You have never BEEN in Europe....and the only knowledge you have from it is from "Hostel"?

Actually that stuff is fact. No never been. I know cause we do it! You don't watch foreign adult films do you?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
We can send our kids to school without the fear that they may be shot.
We can walk the streets, go to the shops and pubs without fear we may be shot.

We can break a bone, or get cancer, or any illness without fear of being bankrupted by a ridiculous hospital bill.

We have a rich culture stretching back over thousands of years.

We have a sense of humour.

We have a sense of irony.

We have good food.

We don't want to go to war with every country that doesn't suit our agenda (and when we do, it's usually because the USA asks us for help).

Need I go on?

(Granted, I have based my answer on Britain, which for the moment is part of Europe, but most of what I have wrote can apply to other European countries also, maybe not the sense of humour bit, if you've ever met a German you will understand)

Got some real good perks there!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

I can assure you, no one in Europe is jealous of America.

As for your American football AKA rugby for wimps, we've had that for 100's of years, just without the helmets and padding- Pussies!

Hollywood is just a fake West End. The West End Theatres are for the intellectual which has thrived in London for centuries, something sadly lost on you, probably because Coca Cola can't stick advertisements every 30 seconds.

The internet might be accredited to a the MOD but lets not forget who gave you you a language to speak on it. Which your country speak poorly I might add.

America was founded on Lies and Bull# and lets have it right the City of London is the real money printer of the Western world. Try reading a book from time to time and not CNN.

edit on 30-6-2014 by Closelywatching because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2014 by Closelywatching because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To OP,

Did some one suggest you move to Europe? Maybe that someone just wanted you to be gone for good?

)))LOL

nice post tho

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Closelywatching

Your athletes do not match up with ours. Our weakest football player who did not get drafted but made the team by working hard in practice alone would break the ribs and permanently paralyze any and all of your rugby athletes.

Fact!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

In America we are the past present and future of advancement and society structure.

Pretty sure the Romans have you beat on that front......them being from Europe and all that

Your athletes do not match up with ours. Our weakest football player who did not get drafted but made the team by working hard in practice alone would break the ribs and permanently paralyze any and all of your rugby athletes.

I take it you "super athlete" of a football player would still need to be wearing his crash helmet and body armour to take on one of our rugby players?........bless his little cotton socks!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes of course he would.
come back and talk to me when they stop wearing padding.

Your athletes are born and raised to be film stars or sports players as they don't have the intellect to be much else, Just think in 20 years your president will be George Clooney!!

Terry Butcher would have a field day kicking your "soccer" players up in the air. For the record its football you tools!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Our Football players don't wear any sissy armour or helmets to play the noble game with there feet I may add hence the name FOOTBALL!

Nether do our Rugby players for that matter which is probably a better comparison.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They are not surviving car crashes!

And rugby and football is just a tv show anyway. they already know whose going to win before they play it.
edit on 30-6-2014 by PrebelShotme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What a lot of crap, ile admit corruption plays its part in any walk of life including sport. But you watch a 90 min game of football and then tell me its predetermined? Its not like Basketball scores are generally quite low. Lots harder to influence although not impossible.

Can I ask where are you getting this information? And who are "They"?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

U.S. Marines play rugby because it is a far tougher game than American Football.

None of that pansy American Football for those chaps

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The whole thing is scripted why do you think most folk when they get older after being a fan as a kid start drinking and partying when they watch it?

Because as there logic and understanding grew they started to see it was scripted and needed that beer to keep them asleep so they could enjoy it more. Like people who smoke and all that they need something to keep them calm and enjoying because waking up is a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Oh you don't pay attention to College Grid Iron! Sorry... I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
so, 'why should I live in Europe" argument came down to American foolball??

That was deep.

3rd.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I think you are confusing the noble art of Soccer with WWF wrestling or it's like. That's what you call predetermined/scripted.

Both Europe and America have their pros and cons and to be fair i think you may find we have far more similarities than differences.

We may be the 51 state but America will always be a colony simply because you ancestors most lightly came from Europe/UK(I could be wrong).

Stay wherever you like considering both our respective nations/continents are relatively free long as you have the ££££/$$$$.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Lol, such wild assertions, my lad has played rugby for our town club for 10 years as tighthead prop, very similar importance/role to left tackle in American Football but it's a battle without padding...crying "fix" is a silly distraction for any mature comparative discussions about the hundreds of thousands of rugby and American football games every week around the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So, smilingly profound question boils down to sport priorities? This is so funny.

Title is mislead!!!!

Typical US of A approach of a typical US of A dweller.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange
Haha, there are many differences between countries of course, but rugby requires only boots, a gumshield, and a ball.
That says much to me, especially when a 'blood bin' stitch or two gets a guy back in the game in minutes.
I am glad my late teen lad plays rugby for his town...and I am glad that the only American football he ever plays is on the beach for a relaxed laugh after rugby training.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join