It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm out of stuff to watch.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I second Person of Interest and Battle Star Galactica (the newer one). I can't wait for the new Person of Interest episodes and the last few Battle Star episodes were intense. I really like the last one, un-fracking believable and the Baltar character was excellent throughout.

edit on 30-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just finished the Leverage series with Timothy Hutton.

"Former insurance claims investigator Nathan Ford heads a team of former top-criminals. They handle 'unorthodox' cases of people unlikely to get their dues through regular channels and legal procedures. That often involves stinging or otherwise scamming criminals. Nate's team is altered at times, and his professional as well as personal past repeatedly seems to catch up."

Also try:
Haven
Once Upon a Time
Longmire

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow, thanks guys. Gotta pare this down a bit but it's looking like GoT and BB are the ones to not be disappointed in. I actually have The Walking Dead reserved. The Spacey one looks interesting as well. Not that all the help here isn't appreciated, it is. Just going by the numbers.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If you want to get addicted may I suggest Lost, though it may consume you for a while. All episodes on Netflix

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Oh man walking dead, ya that will keep ya glued. Well at least for 3 seasons and then it kinda drops off .
Fargo is really good too, it just ended so not sure if it is streaming anywhere yet.
See some one mentioned the league and if your a football fan you will get a kick out of that.
And American horror story is great too
edit on stTue, 01 Jul 2014 12:46:01 -0500America/Chicago720140180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just dont think it gets any better then Breaking Bad as far as drama on TV goes.
The best script, acting, dialogue, writing I have seen on any show.
I am hard pressed to say "well this part of that show or this season sucked"
Their is a sequence that takes place in the final season that I will put up against any scene from any TV show ever.

Since you haven't read the books then you will most likely enjoy GoT since a lot of the changes for TV wont bother you.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

My suggestions:

- Misfits - If you liked Heroes, you will probably like this show. I loved it. It's about a bunch of younger folks sentenced to community service who develop unusual super powers after an unexplained storm. If you can get past the first couple of episodes, it's great.

- Better off Ted - This was a short lived series that only got two seasons, which I really liked. It's about this guy who works as the head of a research and development department at a large corporation. And his company is always asking him to do weird and outrageous things. Like weaponize a pumpkin or freeze one of the scientists.

- Dr. Who - I had my doubts about this series at first, because I had never seen the originals. But turns out I didn't really need to. The new series is actually really good. I just finished watching season 7 last weekend and can't wait for season 8 to start in August. The show is pretty slapsticky and downright corny at times. But also thought provoking and occasionally emotional.

- The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - Since you liked Firefly, you might possibly like this series. Maybe. I think it was some of Bruce Campbell's finest work. The show was about a lawyer who became a bounty hunter in the old west. But the show slowly turns from a western to a scifi and sometimes steampunk type of show. It is from the early 90's but I thought it was pretty good back when it was on tv.

- Sons of Anarchy. - It really does get better after the first season. I think you should give it another chance.

- Chuck - It's a decent show about a nerdy guy working at an electronics store. He gets a call from an old college room mate and ends up with an entire top secret CIA database stuck in his head. I was a fan. Didn't really like how they ended it though.

- Reaper - It's what Supernatural would have been if supernatural was a slapstick comedy written by Kevin Smith. I thought it was a hilarious show and wish it was still on the air.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: allenidaho

Always had a soft spot for Brisco County Jr. I second this recommendation

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My list has mostly been mentioned, but just another vote for the following:

Banshee
Vikings
Rome

*24 (haven't seen the new ones but how do you go wrong?)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
True Blood is back on now.
Didn't see Walking Dead on your list, so that would be a good one to get into. (pulling up past seasons)

We seem to have similar tastes, so other suggestions:

Defiance
Dominion
The Following (if you weren't watching this one)
Blacklist (if you weren't watching this one)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A little project that I had the pleasure of working on and we got picked up for another season. Shot here in Tamalewood.

www.youtube.com...

and an older one that I had a small part in with Dennis Hopper may he RIP. Wonderful man to work with.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Definitely going to add in on Game of Thrones. Excellent show.
Another fan of Reaper, excellent. And Brisco County, Jr.
Lost was good too.

Others include the new, now cancelled Dracula, and Penny Dreadful.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I just wrapped on this one as background uncredited.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-7-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Definitely going to add in on Game of Thrones. Excellent show.
Another fan of Reaper, excellent. And Brisco County, Jr.
Lost was good too.
Others include the new, now cancelled Dracula, and Penny Dreadful.

Speaking of Penny Dreadful, what did you think about that season finale twist ending with Ethan? I really didn't see that one coming.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Don't know if it's been suggested yet. It's kind of an older show now, but hilarious with a good message. Maybe you've already seen it. It's called,

My Name is Earl!

It's about a guy who wins the lottery, then gets hit by a car and loses his lotto ticket. While hopped up on drugs in the hospital, learns about karma. He figures bad things happen to him because he has been a bad person his whole life. He then sets out to change and make up for all the wrong things he did.
edit on 17-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I just started watching Adventure Time in the last four days, and it is AMAZING! I am already into series three! It's mad as balls! It's nuttier than a tree full of squirrel treasure! It's crazier than the paving in your drive, screwier than a DeWalt DC 727 cordless 18volt power drill! Surrealism of that level has not been seen on television since the grand days of Ren and Stimpy, and I approve very much indeed!

But you are right, it is not just the inside of a government funded experimental hallucinogen trip, but it also deals with some serious issues, in a very lateral manner, and is therefore also a very smartly written show!

But the best thing about it, is the pure glee with which Finn kicks monsters and evil doers in the gonads! He absolutely LOVES righteous carnage!

I have to say, your Lumpy Space Princess as Jabba, Princess Bubblegum as Leia avatar pic is LEGENDARY!
edit on 5-9-2014 by TrueBrit because: Ridiculous interference in perfectly common parlance by auto censors.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A lot of good shows are mentioned already.
So i just add a few to them.

Utopia - conspiracy depopulation UK
The straint - vampires or something lol connections to nazi Germany and viruses
Black Mirror - short serie every EP is a different story some bad some good
Extant - SciFi serie.. Aliens, new hi tech (i love the gadgets) with Halle Berry
Caprica - pre BSG spinoff i would love V world. Prob for the best for me it doesn't exist yet. I would lose myself in New Caprica

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Speaking of Penny Dreadful, what did you think about that season finale twist ending with Ethan? I really didn't see that one coming.

Me neither. I always assumed he was more of an Alan Quartermain copy.

Another show for the list....Blacklist.

Man, all my good shows have wrapped up. Only Walking Dead, Blacklist, and Game of Thrones remaining. I guess I could lump Defiance in there too.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Like mentioned by o0oTOPCATo0o

Best TV shows ever, listed below:
3.) Game of Thrones
2.) Breaking Bad
1.) THE WIRE

I would like add True detective and Spartacus( blood and sand, gods of the arena) since no one mentioned these yet. Also Il tredicesimo apostolo (The Thirteenth Apostle)...it`s italian but I`m sure you could get yourself subs.

Also if you need a good show check HBO productions. Never came across bad HBO show....

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Forgot Grimm

Not excatly the best, but can be enjoyable

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join