posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
a reply to: intrepid
- Misfits - If you liked Heroes, you will probably like this show. I loved it. It's about a bunch of younger folks sentenced to community service who
develop unusual super powers after an unexplained storm. If you can get past the first couple of episodes, it's great.
- Better off Ted - This was a short lived series that only got two seasons, which I really liked. It's about this guy who works as the head of a
research and development department at a large corporation. And his company is always asking him to do weird and outrageous things. Like weaponize a
pumpkin or freeze one of the scientists.
- Dr. Who - I had my doubts about this series at first, because I had never seen the originals. But turns out I didn't really need to. The new series
is actually really good. I just finished watching season 7 last weekend and can't wait for season 8 to start in August. The show is pretty slapsticky
and downright corny at times. But also thought provoking and occasionally emotional.
- The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - Since you liked Firefly, you might possibly like this series. Maybe. I think it was some of Bruce Campbell's
finest work. The show was about a lawyer who became a bounty hunter in the old west. But the show slowly turns from a western to a scifi and sometimes
steampunk type of show. It is from the early 90's but I thought it was pretty good back when it was on tv.
- Sons of Anarchy. - It really does get better after the first season. I think you should give it another chance.
- Chuck - It's a decent show about a nerdy guy working at an electronics store. He gets a call from an old college room mate and ends up with an
entire top secret CIA database stuck in his head. I was a fan. Didn't really like how they ended it though.
- Reaper - It's what Supernatural would have been if supernatural was a slapstick comedy written by Kevin Smith. I thought it was a hilarious show
and wish it was still on the air.