It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I live in America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
www.archives.gov...

That piece of paper...despite everything else that goes on or is going on that paper puts in law rights you have... doesn't mean you always get treated right but gives you a start that many nations do not have.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ah yes the USA that bit of the British empire that broke away and became………the American empire! same s**t different accent and added bullets, bibles and burgers

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You know why America is great?

No one gets buried up to their neck in sand and stoned to death.

No one is forced to obey laws of a RELIGION.

ANYONE can start their own business.

I'm able of coming online and saying I disagree with my government on issue a,b,c and no one will show up at my door to kill me or take me away.

I have access to high speed internet.

I can go to a fast food place and buy a burger for little more than a dollar.

I don't have to worry about the best media being banned because it doesn't agree with political or religious views.

I can go to a bar and drink alcohol.

Our women are strong willed because they aren't treated like garbage by the ENTIRE POPULACE.

Any person regardless of race, religion, or any other sort of defining characteristics can learn to do anything.

You pull your weight, pay your bills, you can do almost anything you want.

I could go on, but in short; America is awesome, you should try it before you knock it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
1. Eat what you want , you can choose to not eat the sugary foods you mention.
2. Listen to what you want.
3. Do what you want.
4. Go where you want.
5. Be who you want.
6. Live how you want, you can choose to not live a materialistic lifestyle.

Except in the last 10 years we have all seen examples of all of your points not being true.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I should make one of these about my country,where i can't find food in the supermarket,where we have the worst public transport in the region,where we have the highest muder rates of any country that's not at war,where we have the highest inflation in the world,where me and my wife can't buy a used car even if we saved for 10 years without spending a dime,where going out jogging at 9am can get you killed or robbed.

Oh yes,America is the worse country in the world. Stop the whining.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
[

Except in the last 10 years we have all seen examples of all of your points not being true.

Interesting, I have never not been able to do any of those things.

None of my friends or family have been prevented from doing those things.

As a matter of fact, no one I know has been prevented from doing them.

Life is what you make of it and I'm having a lot of fun living the way I want and being successful.
edit on 29-6-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
-
edit on 29-6-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

I'm able of coming online and saying I disagree with my government on issue a,b,c and no one will show up at my door to kill me or take me away.

I don't have to worry about the best media being banned because it doesn't agree with political or religious views.

Our women are strong willed because they aren't treated like garbage by the ENTIRE POPULACE.

Any person regardless of race, religion, or any other sort of defining characteristics can learn to do anything.

I could go on, but in short; America is awesome, you should try it before you knock it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

You basically just described every single 1st world country on the planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

lol true that.

He was comparing it to the middle east i guess.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

Thats the exact soma as the rest rest of the western world.

Americas a great place sure, but there a lot of other great places to live in as world.

It not USA! verse third world hell holes.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you have to ask 'why should I live in America' ... then you shouldn't live here.
You wouldn't like it no matter what and we'd just want you to go away.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92
Why should I want to live in America?

So America is the richest and most powerful military in the world. It has economic, cultural, and social, dominance. But in the world there's is always more bad than good and in the US everything is too extreme. Even the good

Everything is being privatized and done in favour of money. The majority of food is loaded with sugar, fats. (Americans are the leaders in obseity). Retarded primary and secondary schools. Highest incarceration rate. Worst prison treatment you can get. You might as well be dead (but only a few states allow the death penalty).Basically, everything bad in America is really bad. And its growing.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Worst genocide of a developed country. Imported 10 million slaves, Had segregation until the 1950s. Does that sound like freedom to you?

Why would anyone want to live in America. Its just too extreme of a country. So what if they landed on the moon or invented the internet? Isn't a stable and peaceful society better than an advancing one? Why not live in Europe? There's no Federal Government or NSA trying to # you over. Laws are fairer, prisons are nice. Sure, its hard to get a job, small roads....but honestly at some point you've got to organize priorities. I would take small roads and hard jobs over superficial and materialistic lifestyle.

From European:
-It's not Europe, but different and varried countries.
-You can buy here same unhealthy food, we're following Americans to turn in to lard balls, just we're doing it a bit slower.
-German Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution actually does stuff that would make NSA blush.
-We usually have higher taxes and free / heavy subsidized healthcare and education. Americans that I met tend to cry seeing our VAT or excise tax on petrol. (of course German highway with no speed limit may partially compensate that)
-We're building our federal government, give us a few more decades.

I privately like the northern EU countries more than the USA. However, my guess is that in long run you would also dislike Europe too.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I bet after you live in a few other countries that you would be running back to America, but if not, then good for you. But sounds like maybe you should leave. As far as slavery; You may wanna look a little harder at who actually was involved with it. I'll give ya a hint: It wasn't a bunch of rednecks who decided to make black people slaves.

Yes, our government is out of control and controlled by a single group. They have genocided muslim countries(and others). They have committed false-flag attacks just so they could attack said countries. But the government isn't what makes America. It's the many different people who are free and protected under the constitution that make it. I hate this government, and think we need a regime change, but I love my country and I would never leave because that's letting them win. We fight for change and for what is right and we're getting ready to see a fight(IMO). People are sick of it.

Plus, in other countries, you could be jailed just for asking a simple question. And if you think American cops are bad, wait 'til you get a load of how other countries do business with the citizens. But I understand your rant. Go after what you think is wrong and try and make it right instead of just walking away.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
America doesn't really exist, its just an outdated concept. Almost everything Americans hold in high regard as being what makes America America has been eroded in some way. Its done little by little so people don't flip out in large numbers, TPTB boil the water slowly so the frog stays in the pan.

America has only really been a true democracy for 100 years now and look at the mess its in already. What worries me the most is when America collapses they will take down many other countries as well. God help us all if China ends up being the dominant power, America just needs to grow up , drop the ego, loose the greed , take some responsibility and knuckle down to sorting out the mess they are in. They could probably turn it around if everyone was on board.

Many other 1st world countries are also going down the drain but i think only America has the potential to make the most difference to the rest of the world if it was to sort itself out.

edit on 30-6-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Why should I want to live in America?

More to the point, why wouldn't you?
I know for a fact there are a hell of a lot of places that are a damn sight worse places to live in.

If you dislike it so much, move - pretty straight forward really.

Why not live in Europe?

Because we don't want whinging freeloaders like you who expect everything handed on a plate to them - we have far too many of them already, but the times they are a' changin me thinks.

There's no Federal Government or NSA trying to # you over.

True.
We have the EU trying to dictate policies to independent nation states and eradicate national identity.

But there does seem to be a significant move in sentiment away from the EU, at least here in the UK - the next couple of years will see intense discussion and debate over the UK's continued membership.

Laws are fairer,

Some are, some aren't.

..... prisons are nice.

Prisons aren't supposed to be nice.

Sure, its hard to get a job,

Depends on qualifications etc.

small roads....

There is nothing better than driving on the UK's country roads in the middle of summer amidst the most beautiful countryside in the world.

I would take small roads and hard jobs over superficial and materialistic lifestyle.

Whilst the UK or the EU aren't quite the draconian nightmares many would have you believe neither are they some sort of idyllic land of plenty - I assure you we have more than our fair share of 'superficial and materialistic lifestyles'.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

Well, at least then the UK would have a population with the backbone to fight the "Asian" immigrants there, who, according to the OP, must have swam to get there...

Well, can't say I'm surprised seeing you take an opportunity to have another pop at us spineless Brits.

Sorry, its getting pretty predictable......and pretty lame.

We've got plenty of 'backbone' - as any who have ever crossed us can attest to.

Now I'm not that blind or stupid to believe that there aren't problems in the UK - I assure you I have my own very strong opinions etc on those problems - but to suggest we need to 'fight Asian immigrants' is a blatant piece of sensationalism.
And its a bit much coming from a nation that is becoming inundated with an onslaught of illegal immigration from Mexico.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Every one of those things you listed you can do in the UK and almost every European nation, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc, etc - I'm sure you get the point.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 30-6-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

It's awful here, you will hate it. Anywhere is better than here. In fact let me help you to go somewhere else. Better yet I will pay for your first meal upon arrival to your new non American destination. Nobody comes here anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join