It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I live in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why should I want to live in America?

So America is the richest and most powerful military in the world. It has economic, cultural, and social, dominance. But in the world there's is always more bad than good and in the US everything is too extreme. Even the good

Everything is being privatized and done in favour of money. The majority of food is loaded with sugar, fats. (Americans are the leaders in obseity). Retarded primary and secondary schools. Highest incarceration rate. Worst prison treatment you can get. You might as well be dead (but only a few states allow the death penalty).Basically, everything bad in America is really bad. And its growing.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Worst genocide of a developed country. Imported 10 million slaves, Had segregation until the 1950s. Does that sound like freedom to you?

Why would anyone want to live in America. Its just too extreme of a country. So what if they landed on the moon or invented the internet? Isn't a stable and peaceful society better than an advancing one? Why not live in Europe? There's no Federal Government or NSA trying to # you over. Laws are fairer, prisons are nice. Sure, its hard to get a job, small roads....but honestly at some point you've got to organize priorities. I would take small roads and hard jobs over superficial and materialistic lifestyle.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1. Eat what you want , you can choose to not eat the sugary foods you mention.
2. Listen to what you want.
3. Do what you want.
4. Go where you want.
5. Be who you want.
6. Live how you want, you can choose to not live a materialistic lifestyle.

if those things dont appeal to you then don't live there.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why don't you go to the U.S./Mexican border and explain that to the human wave trying to get in? Then offer them homes in your country, whatever that may be.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

Does that sound like freedom to you? 

When I'm not required by the government to hang a picture of dear leader on my wall, it sure dose. I'm not saying everything we (US) do is right morally or other. All I'm saying is "look around it could be worse".

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I became a naturalized US citizen in 1959...I am proud to have become American, when I was from the defeated enemy Germany and was given-up for Adoption to a household in Michigan, I felt (even as a minor) to have been destined...

but ...there is the haunting feeling in my deep recesses of my mind... that as I was born in a 'DP Camp' (displaced-persons-camp) so I will return to a DP Camp in the final stages of my natural life...a full circle as-it-were

so in answer to your question: 'Why should I live in America?'
because I must complete this Journey...besides I leave some 20 individuals with the family name/dna/worldviews... which might make a difference in some segment of this society-culture...
(sorry the surname is above-top-secret)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Do ones forceing you.

Plenty of other other nice options depending on your taste.

There more to the rich civilised wolrd than just the USA.
edit on 29-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Of course they're trying to get into America *snip*...Its the closest and easiest developed country to get into geographically.
They're not going to swim to the UK are they?

edit on 29-6-2014 by depleteduranium92 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on Sun Jun 29 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Should the 6.3 billion who don't live in developed countries kill themselves? Will Americans be sad if they choose to move to England instead of the US?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: depleteduranium92
Will Americans be sad if they choose to move to England instead of the US?

No, but I think everyone in England would.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They're not going to swim to the UK are they?

They DO!

Go to the Docks in France they cling to the lorys loading onto ferrys and onto the trains.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

lol... alrighty then, you just move elsewhere if you don't like it here.

But, since you asked, I will tell you why I live in America.

I am free to travel. I recently went from Missouri to Virginia and back again, and was never once stopped to ask for my papers by men with machine guns. I have never had to give a police officer a bribe to keep myself from getting a false and unwarranted ticket. I am free to take any ticket I get to court and fight it should I disagree, and I have never unjustly been convicted of anything.

You think the prisons are bad here? Go to an egyptian prison, heck even a mexican one. See how prisoners are really treated elsewhere.

The kingly life is prison life here. You work 8 hours a day 5 days a week, have room and board, 3 meals a day and a commissary too where you can buy smokes and snacky foods which you pay for from the small job you work. You can go outside and play handball and other such games, and even watch television plus they have libraries in prisons. You can also get a college degree if you are in prison long enough. There is no torture of prisoners here, nothing but a nice little life. The only thing it lacks is the companionship of the opposite sex and freedom to travel.

There is work here, if you have the desire to work you can find employment somewhere. It may not be the highest paying job, but you will never starve if you are willing to work hard. You can move up in the world here too, if you work hard enough and save your pennies, you can start your own business if you like. I have recently done just that lately, for the second time in my life. (started a business)

There is no one telling you you cannot have an education, and nothing preventing you from one. Being illiterate other places is a fact of life for many, with no hope of ever so much as being able to read a book. Here, everyone is literate, and education is something everyone gets, no matter rich or poor, male or female, your education is at hand, and what you make of it.

There are no second class citizens here, everyone is equal. It doesn't matter if you are a different race or religion, you will not be prevented from either education or employment. If you know how to carry yourself, and took care with your education, there are no doors that cannot be opened for you, no matter who or what you are.

You can be, and do, just about anything you like in this country so long as you don't hurt anyone. And no one so much as says boo.

I love this country, and there is no where on earth I would rather live. And the above reasons aren't the only reasons, that is just the tip of the iceberg as to why.

If you don't appreciate it all, try something else on for size for a while. See if you can find somewhere better. You probably wont, and would probably miss all those things you say you hate.

No place is perfect because people themselves are imperfect, but as far as the best place on earth? I can think of no better.
edit on 29-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Why should I live in America?

P. T. Barnum said "There's a sucker born every minute" thus America is the perfect place for an entrepreneur in almost any field. Americans pretend to be discriminatory and savy but in reality they are suckers for any salesman that knows his ****!

America is truly the land of opportunity if you don't mind getting your hands dirty!!

And once you make your fortune from the rubes and knuckle draggers; you can afford to live anywhere you chose.

edit on 29-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You really sound like a deluded American.

I laugh when you people say at least we aren't a third world country. Is that a good attitude? If your children were getting low C's would you be saying 'At least they aren't failing.' No you would tell them to work harder. Egypt should not be put in the same league with any decent country. its a totally different culture in a totally different location. Cannot compare.

What do you mean they're no second class citizens? African Americans ring a bell? You think they have access to quality education and services? But your probably going to compare it to another European country. The fact is that inequality in the US is the highest of any Western Developed Country. Australians may discriminate against Aborignes, but its nothing in comparison to the US. Nearly All the white supermacist groups started in the US and still thrive their.

Why does it matter If America isn't the greatest? What if they're is no greatest? You haven't given me a compelling reason to live in the US. Your just ranting on about How 'You' Feel. Biased perspective.

By the way...Not American..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The fact that you came onto a web forum and asked this in a condescending tone should answer your question.
edit on 29-6-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You clearly have an agenda and an obvious dislike for America based on how ridiculous some of your statements are.
Have at it if that helps you get through the day.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Instead of asking "Why should I live in America?"

I think the better question would be, "why do you want to come to America"?

If you're looking for a sales pitch, go to the tourism boards.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I live in an African American community, have lots of black friends here. I don't see any discrimination here. Not at all. They have the same opportunities I do all of them.

As far as being deluded, that's because America isn't the only country I have been in. I like this one the best, and I was raised by an immigrant to this country, she also likes this country the best.

Yes, you are correct that I am stating it only from my perspective, which is why I said " I " will tell you why " I " live in this country... I don't have anyone else's perspective to state it from.
edit on 29-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: OpinionatedB

How so? When she is DOING just what she said, just how is that "deluded" when compared to a foreigner who can only go on what he's told?

Just WHO is really deluded here?

I laugh when you people say at least we aren't a third world country. Is that a good attitude? If your children were getting low C's would you be saying 'At least they aren't failing.' No you would tell them to work harder. Egypt should not be put in the same league with any decent country. its a totally different culture in a totally different location. Cannot compare.

Kindly point out where she said "at least we aren't a third world country". I missed that part, and missed it again on the second reading... and the third. Put words in folks' mouths much?

What do you mean they're no second class citizens? African Americans ring a bell?

They ring a bell fairly often - we live in the midst of a ghetto. They are no more "second class" than I am. Of course, LIVING here in the midst of it cannot compare for knowledge with your assumptions based upon what you have been told... wish I still had that eye-rolling emoticon!

You think they have access to quality education and services?

Damned straight they do! More so than I for the "services" part, and on par for the education part. I went to university here in the US, and you know, there were GASP! black folks there too! As a matter of fact, the black presence was higher than it is in the general population.

But your probably going to compare it to another European country. The fact is that inequality in the US is the highest of any Western Developed Country. Australians may discriminate against Aborignes, but its nothing in comparison to the US. Nearly All the white supermacist groups started in the US and still thrive their.

European countries cannot even begin to compare to America - that's why a lot of us wound up here, to get away from there!

How is it YOU measure "inequality"? Tell us your experience of American discrimination vs Australian discrimination... When was the last time Austraila had an Aborigine for Head of State?

And yes, we do have freedom of speech and thought here, even for lowlifes. Bummer, that freedom thing, isn't it?

Why does it matter If America isn't the greatest? What if they're is no greatest?

What's that got to do with desiring to live here? You know, we have this problem with furriners crashing the gates to get in here, in droves. Doesn't matter whether it's "the greatest" or not, it's still great enough that people risk life and limb to get here.

You haven't given me a compelling reason to live in the US. Your just ranting on about How 'You' Feel. Biased perspective.

Says the guy with no experience, just second and third hand "knowledge". Tell us all about "biased opinion". Damn I miss that eye-rolling emoticon!

By the way...Not American..

You know, that kinda shines through in your posts. probably the whole lack of experience thing is the dead giveaway....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Will Americans be sad if they choose to move to England instead of the US?

No, but I think everyone in England would.

Well, at least then the UK would have a population with the backbone to fight the "Asian" immigrants there, who, according to the OP, must have swam to get there...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Because America has the Ark! That's why! Europe had there turn!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join