It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inerrancy of the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
There is only one way to explain this phenomenon. God has engaged in a massive series of miracles that can easily overcome human doubt. This means that any sceptic or doubter must face the notion that God works in mysterious ways, and by mysterious I mean miraculous.
So you have doubts about Noah and the ark? No problem- miracle. Jonah in the belly of a fish? Once again, it's a miracle.
So I hate to break it to all you sceptics. It's all a miracle. So what if it doesn't make sense? It's a miracle.

Therefor each of those miracles also mean God has negated the Free Will of others breaking that rule as well. By breaking the Law of Free Will, God then becomes responsible for the state of the world instead of Man. Which means no judgement for Mankind and God must simply judge his own actions rather than ours.

Works for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There is only one way to explain this phenomenon. God has engaged in a massive series of miracles that can easily overcome human doubt. This means that any sceptic or doubter must face the notion that God works in mysterious ways, and by mysterious I mean miraculous.
So you have doubts about Noah and the ark? No problem- miracle. Jonah in the belly of a fish? Once again, it's a miracle.
So I hate to break it to all you sceptics. It's all a miracle. So what if it doesn't make sense? It's a miracle.

Therefor each of those miracles also mean God has negated the Free Will of others breaking that rule as well. By breaking the Law of Free Will, God then becomes responsible for the state of the world instead of Man. Which means no judgement for Mankind and God must simply judge his own actions rather than ours.

Works for me.

That breakdown was all kinds of beautiful. I too believe that in the event such a being were proven to exist, it should stand trial and answer for both its actions and inaction.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

If your bible is true and inerrant, then wouldn't you be able to support its truth by saying true things?
Instead, most arguments put forth by theists, especially the creationist that post in these forums, are almost always demonstrably false. Doesn't that give you pause for thought?

What if the bible was all made up by a few superstitious iron age desert living primitives, heavily plagiarized from earlier religions, carried on by verbal tradition to later then be exploited by emperors and politicians - would it look exactly like it does?...oh wait
edit on fSunday1411610f111410 by flyingfish because: doh!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Dear mOjOm, I agree. God is our puppet-master, and our every act and thought are pre-ordained. Free will is a mirage.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish
Dear flyingfish, I think that I have given the fundamentalists a wild card that can answer any question that you or I could ask them. What move is not possible when you have miracles in your playbook? And they say that God is jealous? Also, your question "What if the bible is all made up...?" is kind of like asking "What if the sun rises in the east?"

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Dear mOjOm, I agree. God is our puppet-master, and our every act and thought are pre-ordained. Free will is a mirage.

So who made you post that? Did you find yourself uncontrollably typing that post and clicking the 'reply' button? Were you a helpless passenger in an automaton acting as an extension of some greater force?
edit on 30-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

'nuf said.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sorry, that's not quite 'nuf' for me.

If the OT is really all true and god is guiding the truth with his rightious hand, then it is settled, YahWeh is indeed a raping, pillaging, slave-taking evil bastard and makes no apologies for it.

'NUF' said.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

and again - WHY should we believe in alledged " gods " ?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toadmund
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sorry, that's not quite 'nuf' for me.

If the OT is really all true and god is guiding the truth with his rightious hand, then it is settled, YahWeh is indeed a raping, pillaging, slave-taking evil bastard and makes no apologies for it.

'NUF' said.

Shots fired!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

I would be interested to see you point out this "perfection" in the OT...

I wonder... have you actually read it or are you just regurgitating what you've been taught?

The OT God proves himself to be a bumbling moron, and a tyrant of the worst kind...

I think it is a miracle that the OT managed to get recognised as the word of God... but I guess miracles happen when only the blind are following...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I think it is a miracle that the OT managed to get recognised as the word of God... but I guess miracles happen when only the blind are following...

Coming from the guy who adheres to the NT, which is basically the OT in PG 13.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Lol

Not sure how you came to that conclusion..

But whatever i guess

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Lol

Not sure how you came to that conclusion..

But whatever i guess

I see no difference between the two, besides the transparent attempt to make it more family friendly. Otherwise, it would be The Expendables meets Pay It Forward.
edit on 30-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
I think that there is about the same amount of perfection in the OT as there is in Homer's "The Iliad and the Odyssey".
I could hardly improve upon your description of the OT God, and I am still waiting with bated breath to document my first miracle.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So you'd agree then that since "God" is actually running things and not us that the notion of us having Free Will is then False, also making the Bible's claim that God gave us Free Will False thereby making the Bible incorrect as well???

This also removes at the very least the idea of Judgement as well, right??? Because if we aren't in control of our own choices we therefor cannot be judged by them either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join