It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arjen Robben did it again. You dirty jerk cheat. Netherlands, you suck.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am at a loss of words. FIFA should sanction this guy for being everything wrong with Football. Its not enough to play a fair game between sportsmen. No. This dirty little cheat is apparently gravitationally retarded and cant help himself for a cheap penalty. Mexico isnt even sad because they lost. They feel cheated. They would have admired the game for losing fairly. They were cheated and FIFA referees were accomplices to the BS.

Arjen Robben threw himself 3 times during the game between Mexico like the bad actor he is. They are a dirty team. When they played Spain last world cup they thought they were playing a rugby match. Kicks to the chest, head and ground stomping.

This world cup they are playing like little bitches. Netherlands, if you win this world cup just know we all know you are not worthy. You cheating assholes. You lack talent and sportsmanship.

Thanks for ruining this world cup for me. I would have kept watching if it was interesting football. I dont want to watch cheating little pansies throw themselves down every thirty seconds for penalty kicks. Lame and plain retarded.

Here is some context. Its from April mind you.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But Robben will never be a popular player because he is a shameless cheat.

No matter how many glorious goals he scores, no matter how much his trophy cabinet creaks at the seams, Robben will be forever associated in most football fans' eyes with simulated death rather than glory.

Watching Robben is like topping off a brilliant night on the tiles with a greasy kebab - your memory of most of the evening will be hazy but that bitter taste in the mouth will linger long into the next day.

Even Robben's own fans, team-mates and managers have been left furious at his behaviour. Robben left both Chelsea and Real Madrid under a cloud and Jose Mourinho gave him the nickname 'Arjen Faint Heart',

Robben you are everything wrong with football. You make it lame and just awful to watch. You ruined a spectacular game. It was FANTASTIC FOOTBALL. I was even entertained when you guys tied fairly. Then you just kept throwing yourself like the cheating pansy ass you are. Thanks for ruining this world cup for me.

Jerk.

Here is the supposed foul.

q.usatoday.com...

here is this.
www.mirror.co.uk...

I am boycotting this world cup until the Netherlands is eliminated.
edit on 6 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

He cut inside and the player came late, the player needs to know where he is and who has the ball.
There was contact, was there enough to take him down? Probably not but it is easy to armchair it.
The ref saw it one way and has to call it how he sees it. That is how the game works
It was a useless tackle, and it was late that is the key to it all. He got beat and tried to make up for it and paid the price.
I do agree it was dive, but he is not the only diver in the game, far from it.

If you have that big of a problem with diving, you should have stopped watching this cup on day one IMO.
It is a crappy part of the game but, it is part of the game.

Also, he was fouled in the begging of the second half, could have been a make up call for that one.
That is not right either, but it does happen
edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 13:42:54 -0500America/Chicago620145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mind you he should have had a penelty in the first half two knobbled him...felt sorry for the Mexicans...they were just Mexican'ts on the day

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There was 4 players for mexico behind the ball as well, the challenge was not needed.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

It was a foul but it was also a dive, Robben should of been given a yellow along with the penalty.
edit on 29-6-2014 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cass1dy09

And you could cut and past almost every star player that is around today....
bleacherreport.com...
It is a shifty part of the game, and as a defender you need to know where and WHO you are defending.
If you are defending a player in the box like robben then you need to know you can not come late on him and leave a leg out. Cause yes he will drag his feet all day and twice on sunday. If it is just you left, then it is a good foul, even in the box. But when there is 3-4 players that he still has to get past??
Robben beat the player and still had work to do, the defender gave him the easy way out

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I disagree. Diving is not part of the game unless you're a keeper and should result in harsher penalties to discourage it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

I disagree. Diving is not part of the game unless you're a keeper and should result in harsher penalties to discourage it.

Well said.

Like banning him along with the others who ruin the sport.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I don't mean to say that is a technical part of the game or that it has a place, just that it happens and you can complain about it till your blue in the face but out side of fining and maybe suspensions but that is still a stretch, fifa can't do anything about it.

Cause at the end of the day, the same people that are the worst divers/floppers,are the same very players that draw the fans to the stadium. It is the money makers, so fifa is not going to do anything to them.
Unless of course they bite someone, and even then it is just a 12 game suspension for the third offense.
edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 15:49:38 -0500America/Chicago620143880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Biting and crying are so manly

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There was definity contact and we shouldve had a penalty in the first half already. And Robben just fell in his typical way to make it as obvious as possible that he got hit.

By the way on Dutch television he appologised for his real dive this match. If this was also a schwalbe why didnt he appologise for it? Because he felt it was a faul, which it was. He got tripped end of story.

Dont hate the player hate the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

contact?

No. I am sorry anyone that can just watch the replay will see it for themselves. Were there other fouls not called? Sure. ON BOTH SIDES. Point is football is being ruined by pansy ass whiners. If there is no injury or intent to hurt anyone get the hell up and play the damn game.

He had about as much contact as should be expected. Its not a digital game. He wasnt injured. On a scale of 1-10 of actual contact it was barely a 1. He literally had his toe graze the other players foot.

I dont care if he apologized for another dive or not. It doesnt prove that this wasnt one because he didnt apologize for it. The point is he dives all the time and has earned a reputation for it. He is a good player but has ruined every bit of worth he may have. He is Arjen Robben the faint hearted.

It may be seen as being "smart" in holland to milk injuries for penalties. To the rest of the world you look like dirty cheats. No one wants to play you because a victory is worthless with you. You have to cheat harder rather than play better. That is not really appealing. You could play your heart out and then have a scum bag like this ruin a great match. Even if you lose it can still be a good game for both sides. Being cheated is just lame and worthless all together.

Just play the damn game and man up. Football is damn near unwatchable because of this crap.

Arjen Robben is a prime example of everything wrong with football today.

Cheater.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No one today matches the 10 outta 10 dives of Klinsman. He was the absolute worst. And Drogba. The man is built like a tank( or at least was ) and would go down if the defender talked to him.

Robben should have had a penalty with the shot he took late in the second half but went through the foul and took the shot.

Whether you like it or not, it was a penalty. the defender left the boot in too long. The dive should have been a yellow but the penalty was deserved.

I felt bad for the Mexicans today. They played well but withered in the last half of the second half. Whether it was the heat or the Dutch managed to finally break down that defence, they weren't the same team that played the first 60/65 minutes.

And Sneijders goal was a beauty. The Dutch earned the win.
edit on 29-6-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

hey I admit that. Mexico dropped its game and really deserved the loss. It probably would have ended up in penalty shots anyways. Ochoa can block them well but Mexico cant really score them.

I am just tired of football being ruined by terrible refereeing and actor players. You can watch old matches and just see the difference. The old matches are so much more enjoyable because the players arent being paid millions of euros to kick a ball and are more interested in being great sportsmen rather than getting some trivial title.

I just wish I could watch a great match like todays was without some frustrating BS coming along to taint it.

I think holland deserved the win. I am still going to boycott the World cup until they are eliminated since I cant bear to see Robben´s face.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Either your a DIE hard mexico fan, which I doubt.
Or you just really hate Robben, you swear like he is the only player that does this.
He is known for it just as almost every star player is. CR7 is considered the biggest flop in the sport, where is the rant about him and how is ruining the game.
Flopping happens, good teams over come it by not giving the player they know will flop the opportunity.
Does it make the game harder for them and easier for the flopper? And guess what, it is a 2 way street. Are you telling me mexico didn't take any dives that whole game? Cause I sure as heck saw a few
There was contact, you are underselling it, but it was there. Was it a lot? No, but it was there.
It is the world cup in stoppage time and you have a defender that wants to come in late and leave a leg out, inside the box, while defending a known flopper??
I'll agree he flopped, and the reason he flopped is he miss played the ball, BEFORE, the guy stuck his leg out. The defender doesn't come in with the late challenge, that ball probably gets cleared.
As stated before, don't hate the player, hate the game. FIFA allows this to happen, so boycott fifa, not the players just doing what they are allowed to do.

A coach will never come out and say it, but they encourage it, they know what it can do for them. Of course they get mad when it goes against them tho.
And fifa can't even do anything about it, well not efficiently anyway

edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 22:49:05 -0500America/Chicago620140580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 22:51:26 -0500America/Chicago620142680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

CR7 is on my list. I dont like him at all. I used to like Real Madrid. I would rather root for the Barcelona since Madrid signed him. Thats pretty much betrayal in most peoples book. I know I almost got hanged when I showed up to work in Spain wearing a Barcelona jersey. LOL

You are right though. I cant stand Robben. There are others. Sure.

I wish they would start to sanction floppers. They are ruining the game.

I hate em all.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I couldn't even begin to count the amount of times that I've yelled at the tv...

"Get up you maggot!!!!"

Diving and the acting like they been shot really drives me insane. I love the game, love to watch it but when you see the same player rolling around on the pitch after a foul like he's had his leg amputated without anesthesia who just two minutes earlier was stripped of the ball by a hard, clean tackle, get up and start chasing the ball, without delay, it makes me mental.

I've always thought some of these guys needed to face Roy Keane in his prime if they really, really wanted to know how it felt to need to roll around on the pitch for a hard foul. I'm no MU fan but I remember plenty of times he gave the divers a reason to be screaming in pain on the pitch. maybe even some of them changed their ways, who knows.

To be honest, and I haven't caught every game, but I have actually been impressed by the lack of diving in this WC. Usually, it's so bad they are always talking about increased cards for the divers. I've heard little about it this time round though.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry, no. The argument that it happens and we can't stop it, so we have to get used to it, just doesn't wash. It's not good enough. If current punishments are ineffective, a review of the regs is required in order to toughen up. Simple.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

contact?

No. I am sorry anyone that can just watch the replay will see it for themselves. Were there other fouls not called? Sure. ON BOTH SIDES. Point is football is being ruined by pansy ass whiners. If there is no injury or intent to hurt anyone get the hell up and play the damn game.

He had about as much contact as should be expected. Its not a digital game. He wasnt injured. On a scale of 1-10 of actual contact it was barely a 1. He literally had his toe graze the other players foot.

I dont care if he apologized for another dive or not. It doesnt prove that this wasnt one because he didnt apologize for it. The point is he dives all the time and has earned a reputation for it. He is a good player but has ruined every bit of worth he may have. He is Arjen Robben the faint hearted.

It may be seen as being "smart" in holland to milk injuries for penalties. To the rest of the world you look like dirty cheats. No one wants to play you because a victory is worthless with you. You have to cheat harder rather than play better. That is not really appealing. You could play your heart out and then have a scum bag like this ruin a great match. Even if you lose it can still be a good game for both sides. Being cheated is just lame and worthless all together.

Just play the damn game and man up. Football is damn near unwatchable because of this crap.

Arjen Robben is a prime example of everything wrong with football today.

Cheater.

Calling me a cheater is just pathetic lol.

I dont like divers but Robben has just built up a nasty habit but it got a lot less than when he was young tho. Most of his dives are actually when he does get hit and he just adds some drama to it so the ref notices.

And you say no contact? Explain this video then please:

Seems like contact to me. Clearly a foul and if you dont think so you should try to make an action like that when someone is standing on your toes with spikes with his full body weight. Then come back and try to convince me that doesnt obstruct you from continuing your action.

And theres diving and diving. Most people who never played football dont understand the difference but a lot of dives are caused because a player is just trying to protect his legs and dives so the ref sees a foul is being committed. Next time the player who almost committed the foul will think twice before really injuring a player. Thats why a lot of players dive, not even because they want to cheat but to protect themselves and teammates from getting injured.

You can talk about how players should man up but most of you forget how easily you can get injured when a player just kicks you on the ankle or on a muscle with his spikes. And if you never played football, like most americans here, your opinion on this subject is negligible.

You should have watched Chile-Netherlands for some real A+ acting with 0 contact. From Chile that is. Luckily we had a good ref.

Till the day the corrupt Fifa includes video-referees and some decent punishment for people that injure others this will continue. But with video-refs they cant manipulate games anymore so thats not going to happen.

edit on 104am3005up86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 104am3006up86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 104am3014000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have played football. Both in the US on an actual team and in Europe for fun everyday.

You would notice that his right leg was already up in the air and his arms were already up in the air flailing like a bird trying to take flight BEFORE the "contact" was even made.

I did not call YOU a cheater. I called Robben a cheater, which he is.

He could have just kept running with it. If you look at the video close up of the actual "contact", its just his toe. He completely reacted beforehand to Rafa Marquez already being committed by impulse while trying to stop short and performed his dive on que. The fact remains he threw himself THREE times beforehand in this match and most people called it before it happened. He was looking for the penalty, HARD.

They were down by one for most of the match. He was trying by all means to get a penalty since his team was playing like headless chickens. I will say this, he was the only one on the Netherlands team worth a damn for the most part except for Wesley Sneijder.

I can and will say it. MAN UP. Stop the acting. Stop the BS and play some damn football.

Also, as far as Americans playing football. We would be much more interested if it wasnt full of pansy ass whiners that make it seem like a little league game where their parents are about to come out on the field and fight over their crying sons huddled body.

EDIT TO ADD:
Chile is just shameful.

P.S.
I just watched some more repeats of the incident.

I think its funny how people will say its a clear penalty when the guy looks like he got shot, stepped on a land mine and had a bee shoot up his ass all at the same time.

He dove. He even admitted to doing it beforehand for christs sake. What, he suddenly repented his career long habit of diving and this game long trend for this ONE instance?

Pfft.

edit on 6 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join