It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough with the Left-Right (MSNBC Vs. Fox) media wars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Both, Fox News and MSNBC are horrible excuses for 'news' outlets!

I don't care what side of politics you are on, this backwards and forwards arguing between the left and right regarding the media is shameful. The defending of both of these networks (Fox and MSNBC) by you, the very people they exploit for money, is downright disgraceful.

ATS has been gripped by these pointless arguments which prove absolutely nothing more than what we already knew. The arguments have only been fueling multiple thread wars, which often revert to people bashing each other over left-right politics. It isn't pretty, and to be honest, i expect more from ATSers. Yes, we are a diverse group, and yes, members are free to hold political opinions. But this staunch defending of one network over the other is something we would never see happen around here or anywhere else in the alternative community a couple of years ago. It is pointless to argue, and it is only dividing us.

The truth is, all of these news broadcasters are crap, and they all have an agenda. Most of them are privately owned, and are making money off of your staunch support. While it is true that every news outlet has an agenda, for crying out loud, can't we all just grab our news from a variety of places, rather than just one outlet?

To silence the Fox News and MSNBC devoted, below are some links for your perusal:

Fox News:

en.wikipedia.org...
simplystatistics.org...
www.salon.com...
www.salon.com...

MSNBC:

en.wikipedia.org...
www.ijreview.com...
www.ijreview.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

- Daas.

edit on 29-6-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't normally watch news, but when I do, I read about it on ATS.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I stopped watching the news. Every now and then I'll read random articles from random sources, but when it comes to Middle East issues or geo-politics, I have a one-size-fits-all answer: Zionist Funded False-Flag Event.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Nature of the beast Daas. Fox has been taking hits this week so you know someone just HAS to post the exact opposite. It's a moral imperative to some.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ATS is usually three days ahead of them anyway.

News is now a business. It has very little to do with the News.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I appreciate your sentiment, I really do, but the division isn't going anywhere. In fact, its the only reason those networks exist to begin with. Its not like they created the divide, they're just capitalizing off of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dear Daas, You are rightfully criticizing MSM, but I am interested to know which sources you find objective and reliable.
Many here get their news fix from ATS, but much of what we see here is a reposting of news that appears elsewhere, MSM or otherwise. So where do you learn the news in a way that you trust?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Dear Daas, You are rightfully criticizing MSM, but I am interested to know which sources you find objective and reliable.
Many here get their news fix from ATS, but much of what we see here is a reposting of news that appears elsewhere, MSM or otherwise. So where do you learn the news in a way that you trust?

Thanks for the comment.

I consume the news through a multitude of outlets, MSM and otherwise. This consumption is then bolstered by myself undertaking research to see if what the news reports, is actually true. Yes, all outlets have their agendas, but if we take the information from more than one, we can find the middle ground.

join