It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.2 EQ on Arizon/NM border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
I live in northern Tucson and I didn't feel anything. But the epicenter is right next to if not in the Rio Grand Rift Zone depending on where you define the boarders. The North American Continent is pulling apart there and in a couple million years the rockys will be gone and there will be an inland sea according to geologist.

do you have anything to back that up.......the rockies were formed by an uplift from the collision of two continents.....why would it reverse?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
I live in northern Tucson and I didn't feel anything. But the epicenter is right next to if not in the Rio Grand Rift Zone depending on where you define the boarders. The North American Continent is pulling apart there and in a couple million years the rockys will be gone and there will be an inland sea according to geologist.

The recent earthquake was centered along the AZ/New Mexico border. A couple hundred miles west of the Rio Grand Rift. If the quake was associated with the rift zone, it would have been along the zone you are talking about. My bet is on some magma chamber activity going on underneath where the hot springs are in eastern AZ.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Did bill gates drop his wallet ?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The earth just happens to be in the middle of a rapid expansion phase.

There will be earth quakes in odd places and other geologically active regions acting up that have long been dormant fo go along wigh the newly wakend areas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join