It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Put your money where your mouth is. When are you heading to Texas to apply for adoption? I'm heading there next week, be happy to give you a ride.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: whyamIhere

Put your money where your mouth is. When are you heading to Texas to apply for adoption? I'm heading there next week, be happy to give you a ride.

I'm here by the Border.

Where do you apply ?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
First and foremost I am an American/Mexican, born here. My mother, brother, and sister came here LEGALLY! My mother worked for Factory 2-U for over 20 years. She assimilated quickly and eventually became the manger of a store. I remember being a little kid and going to her store, the back was full of boxes stacked well over 7 feet. She was injured and declared disable because of a box that fell on her, workers comp blah blah blah. She always paid her taxes, never violated the law and so on. My brother went to college and then to the California Department of Corrections Academy, and has been a correctional officer for years. My sister is trying to become a Forensic Investigator. I am currently in college and finishing my generals, then applying to the Navy. I am the only one that was born here, but i am damn proud of my family for doing things the right way! I understand a lot of third world countries are not well off, but shipping everyone's children to the United States ILLEGALLY is not the answer. How are these countries ever going to get better if their future keeps migrating over here? We have laws for a reason, not just to lessen the burden on tax payers and the economy, but also to make sure immigrants from around the world get equal opportunity to get in this country. The law limits the amount of visas available each year, with certain limits by country. How many people just got cut in line? IMO this is a huge slap in the face to every immigrant that followed the law and guidelines to become legal citizens! Again, i understand these people and children want better lives, but what kind of example are they setting for their kids? Before ever become citizens they are already breaking the law, my point is if these kids grow up with the idea that it was okay to break the law to get a better life, what happens when the going gets tough, will breaking the law again be okay because they are trying to better their lives ( sell drugs, robbery, organized crime)?

It is evident this country has a huge problem when it comes to illegal immigration, but the immigrants are not all to blame, there is blame to go around.
One idea i have always suggested to people is this:
Most illegal immigrants come here to work, so take away the incentive to come here.
Corporations and small businesses should be held accountable for hiring illegal immigrants.
truth is, they rarely are. Take this for example, a California fencing company was contracted to build part of the border, guess who they hired? www.npr.org...
They should have a three strikes your out kind of law, first offense for hiring illegal immigrants some kind of fine, second offense bigger fine and jail time, third offense suspend corporation indefinitely with a minimum mandatory 10 year sentence. Just a suggestion, I'm sure legislators can do a better job of making laws to hold these companies accountable.

Nothing changes the fact that these people came here illegally and should just be sent back home, I'm sure a free ride back to their home countries will end up costing all of us less money then it will to keep them here.
If we don't, i am sure word is going to spread like a wild fire in different countries that the rumor is true, which i hope is still just a rumor.....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinfulknowledge

you, sir....win.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

What if if was coming to American illegally or facing a life of slavery to a drug lord?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What if if was coming to American illegally or facing a life of slavery to a drug lord?

There are many, many reasons why people come here illegally. You have to realize that here in the U.S., we have many areas that are extremely dangerous to live in, where parents won't even allow their children to play outside for fear of something horrible happening to them. In one State around here there are shootings constantly and many kids and teens dying all the time. It is extremely devastating no matter where you are from. We do have gangs here and drug cartels have spread far and wide. We think if we are from the USA we are safe. We think our kids are protected and we do try to protect them as best we can. Still, our kids are dying in the streets, sometimes in their own backyards.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

And what if they are coming to America against their own will?
Threatened to establish ground here and do the cartels bidding or have their entire families killed?
houston.cbslocal.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...

or what if these kids are seeing how lucrative the drug businesses is and are trying to get in the game?

i can ask what if's as well, doesn't change the fact that they are breaking the law.
last i heard, you don't get rewarded for breaking the law.

i know this sounds cold but its the reality of the world, the only reason Iraqi children and Syrian children are not coming over here is because its not as easy, should we not take all of their children as well? I'm sure those countries are in a much more dire situation... www.refugeesinternational.org...
2.8 million refugees should we not help their kids get a better life?

I'm down to help the kids, but lets start with our own first
"Nearly 14 million children are estimated to be served by Feeding America, over 3 million of which are ages 5 and under"
feedingamerica.org...

by the way, thank you Daedalus : P
edit on 2-7-2014 by Sinfulknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Again, when I saw those children and what they went through to get to the U.S. for a better life, a hope...I cried.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Have you seen whats going on in Syria? if you cried for these illegal immigrants, looking at what children go through DAILY in Syria will make you depressed: "Some 10 children were killed every day in Syria at the hands of the regime's forces in June, the Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) said yesterday.

Of the total 1,732 civilians who were killed last month, 293 were children while 166 were women. The percentage of women and children killed by the regime's forces reached 27 per cent of the total number of victims killed in June."
www.middleeastmonitor.com...
go to the link, look at the picture's background.
I'm pretty sure these kids were not being bombed daily by a military regime.
Yeah their lives are not all that great, but at least they could go play with their friends, these Syrian kids cant take that chance.
If we save these illegal immigrant kids we should save them ALL around the world.
but we cant its the honest truth...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If the U.S. government is creating a program for these children, then let's ask the kids if they choose to enter the U.S. in that program or go back from where they came.

The U.S. is on the top of the list as a rich country...google it.
edit on 2-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"In 2012, 10 percent of the children (over 23,000) exiting foster care aged out of the system. Research has shown that teens aging out of the system are highly likely as adults to experience homelessness, poor health, unemployment, incarceration, and other poor outcomes."
"On any given day, there are approximately 397,000 children in out-of-home care in the United States."
www.childrensrights.org...

what about the American children described above?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinfulknowledge

"In 2012, 10 percent of the children (over 23,000) exiting foster care aged out of the system. Research has shown that teens aging out of the system are highly likely as adults to experience homelessness, poor health, unemployment, incarceration, and other poor outcomes."
"On any given day, there are approximately 397,000 children in out-of-home care in the United States."
www.childrensrights.org...

what about the American children described above?

Isn't it about time the American people made it known what exactly they want from their government?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

its not about what we want, I'm sure we all want the very BEST for each and every child of this beautiful world.
Its about what we can afford, and thats why we have LAWS which they are breaking.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

its not about what we want, I'm sure we all want the very BEST for each and every child of this beautiful world.
Its about what we can afford, and thats why we have LAWS which they are breaking.

Then why is your government creating a program to help and perhaps keep them? Who is monitoring this government program and it's progress?
edit on 2-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

you tell me, you know of this program i never heard of. all i know is that Obama asked for 1.4 billion to temporarily house these kids. did you not read the links? 40% of border patrol resources are going to immigration alone, how many drug ships have gotten in since the influx of immigrants?
Doesn't change the fact that they are breaking a law which seem to mean nothing to you. And if there is a program made for these kids and people you can count on even more flocking over here and just drowning the border patrol and our local and state resources.
you say your government, so are you not from here? You seem so willing to help lets send them all to your country?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

you tell me, you know of this program i never heard of. all i know is that Obama asked for 1.4 billion to temporarily house these kids. did you not read the links? 40% of border patrol resources are going to immigration alone, how many drug ships have gotten in since the influx of immigrants?
Doesn't change the fact that they are breaking a law which seem to mean nothing to you. And if there is a program made for these kids and people you can count on even more flocking over here and just drowning the border patrol and our local and state resources.
you say your government, so are you not from here? You seem so willing to help lets send them all to your country?

I heard of the program from an ATS radio broadcast tonight. I'm just in agreement with your government's actions in housing and taking the time to determine what is best for these children within the U.S.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

If the U.S. government is creating a program for these children, then let's ask the kids if they choose to enter the U.S. in that program or go back from where they came.

Ask the illegal kids what they want, give the illegal kids what they want, take care of the illegal kids and have all their needs are met???We have thousands of homeless, hungry children right here. Do you care what they want? Do you care if they go to bed crying, dirty and hungry?

For too many years, Americans expressed their outrage at the government and greedy corporations and they didn't care.

Tell me, how does the US reach the top of the list as a rich Country? We are trillions of dollars in debt and things get worse as time goes on. Millions of our people are un-employed. We have poor and hungry people here, right here!!
edit on 2-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Ask the illegal kids what they want, give the illegal kids what they want, take care of the illegal kids and have all their needs are met???We have thousands of homeless, hungry children right here. Do you care what they want? Do you care if they go to bed crying, dirty and hungry?

For too many years, Americans expressed their outrage and the government and greedy corporations didn't care.

Tell me, how does the US reach the top of the list as a rich Country? We are trillions of dollars in debt and things get worse as time foes on. Millions of our people are un-employed. We have poor and hungry people here, right here!!

Yes, ask them since your government has decided to keep them for now - let's find out if they are ready to work for their life. Again, google your own governments standings in the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I heard of the program from an ATS radio broadcast tonight. I'm just in agreement with your government's actions in housing and taking the time to determine what is best for these children within the U.S.

We have American citizens on waiting lists so long that they have to wait years. These are desperate people in need. And yet we have illegals in these cheap housing. Do you agree that this is right or fair?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join