It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

oh, ffs.....can we just saw off New York, and California, and let them drift out to sea?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

So you are saying you don't know how geology works?

Unlike in cartoons, one cannot simply saw off states and expect them to drift away. Even if that was somehow how it worked, they still would be states, and still be a part of the united states.
edit on 2-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

so you're saying you don't know how humor works?

my post was an example of frustrated satire...get a grip, yes?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ranchers down here are sick and tired of finding garbage and half eaten dead cattle and human excrement on their property because of this "invasion". Crickey, even a cat knows enough to kick leaves or dirt over their own crap. The scenario now isn't like the days of old when immigrants pulled into Ellis Island, in awe of the Statue of Liberty and had a modicum of respect for our land and its peoples.

Sure, we took land from the Indians...that is no reason to let it happen again to us. We are supposed to learn from mistakes like that and not let them happen again. Why should the citizens here in the present have to suffer for the sins of their forefathers?

Where was sympathy for children overseas in the last 20 years that got splattered with DU and white phosphorous. I hate that any kids have to suffer but this world is more and more bass ackwards anymore.

You can bet if Yellowstone ever goes off, the Mexicans will figure out a way very quickly to keep us and our "kids" outta there...especially if we only have clothes on our back and no vehicles and/or money.

This invasion has several agendas at play. It isn't about caring for people in the long run. I wish it was but it isn't. Like some folks say, the North American Union dealy could be some of it plus a whole lot of other reasons for this immigrant invasion.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Wait, your idea of humor is to cut off and set adrift millions of Americans, dooming women and children to starvation and death because you don't agree with the majority of the voting population politically?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We can't afford it. Who is going to pay for it?

As much as I'd like to see the children taken in, we don't have the $$$ because it's being spent on IGNORANT things like Obama sending $500 million to Syrian rebels. And once the kids are here, the next thing you know 10 of their family members will be on the border demanding to come in the country to be with their American kid.

Send them back. Their own countries have to deal with it. We can't.

When I saw those children on TV I cried because I know their country has and still has major problems that just won't go away - perhaps if they legalize certain drugs to eliminate the criminal element (gov't corruption?), but I don't know if that is all it will take.

The parents are desperate for their children to have a chance at a good life and, so, I can understand why they and others around the world take their lives in their hands trying to flee their own countries.

Why not create a new social program whereby those Americans that are able to adopt/foster these children may do so but take full financial responsibility and have assistance in dealing with whatever emotional/mental issues these children may or may not bring with them?

Given the chance, education and guidance, I believe most of these children will most become taxpayers too.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Damn dude it was an obvious joke. You're grasping at straws already, let it go.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
NYC, the real problem in NY, is already an "island", just gotta cut the bridges

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

sweet...does that mean sheepslayer will be calling me an ignorant racist asshole on air? should i be tuning in for the shoutout?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

He might!

Though we do have to be T&C compliant on the show, so he probably won't.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with immigration as long as:
1) they work
2)They pay tax
3) The infrastructure is there to support them.

But hey it more phone to be a xenophobic ape

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

yes, because everyone who is opposed to foreign nationals invading their country is some kind of ignorant, racist, redneck parody caricature, from some s**tty cartoon.... -rolls eyes-

since you're not here, you have no idea what you're on about....

they work jobs that could have been filled by citizens, they don't pay tax, and the infrastructure isn't here to support them.

ILLEGAL immigration is the problem, not regular (legal) immigration..

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

since you're not here, you have no idea what you're on about....

Funny Im in the UK that gets illegals come in by the boat load.

Now the question is why are they not paying tax? Why is the infrastructure not there?

Make them pay tax, stop them from claiming welfare and what you will have is more money pouring into the USA.
More money coming in = better economy = more jobs.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
America is headed the way of INDIA. Liberals won't be happy until everyone is in sackcloth and barefoot living like Ghandi.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

They are coming anyway. It's getting worse not better.

Thats the key issue.

UK has 30 miles of Ocean and a number of first country's separating us from the third world and illegals still pour through our borders.

Unless you plan on setting machine guns nests up and land mine fields then securing that huge border of yours will cost more than more efficient means of trying to integrate the illegals.

Start with taxing that labor force.

edit on 2-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: intrepid
I can see where that would be a little scary. It didn't work out too well for the Native Americans.

Yep. They got hammered. They lost the war. And that is exactly what will happen to the USA. It's a civilian invasion of people who will be sucking off the economy and providing nothing. It will seriously harm the USA ... we can't afford it. They leave their sucky countries and illegally come in ours and make it sucky too.

So how do you stop it?

I just dont see how the USA can secure its huge land borders when the UK a Island nation cant secure its own and nature gave us a head start by ringing us with ocean!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just as a side note.

What i do is allow all immigrants to register legally BUT make them pay 50% income tax for the first 10 years of residence.

Use that extra tax money to hand out low interest entrepreneur loan to US citizens to create more jobs and help expand your stagnating economy.

In that 10 year they cant claim welfare.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

yeah, i know, you have your own illegal immigration problem...but, and i know this sounds like a copout, it's not the same as our illegal immigration problem..

they're not paying tax, because they're ghosts...they don't exist.

the infrastructure isn't here, because there's no need for an infrastructure to take care of people who don't belong here...

if you want them to pay tax, you make them citizens...thus rewarding them for their trespass....unacceptable, and they probably STILL wouldn't pay tax anyway, because they'd continue to live under the radar, because it's more profitable that way...

so no, no more money pouring in, economy stays the same, no more jobs...
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

how do you tax people who don't exist?

and machinegun nests, and landmines don't sound like a bad idea...

it's funny to me that the security on the border between cuba and the U.S. territority of gitmo, is better than the border between the U.S. and mexico..

you wanna create jobs? like i said earlier, build a wall..
edit on 7-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join