It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've seen many of your posts and agree with the vast majority of them, but I respectfully disagree on immigration.

Immigration already ruined the country once (for the native Americans) and will destroy the country again in a different way.

I understand your point about making their own countries good enough not to want to leave, but why is that our responsibility, with the amount of issues we currently face?

A good friend told me about a month ago that he couldn't even get a landscaping job. The one he did get an interview for he didn't get. He couldn't speak Spanish.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
I've seen many of your posts and agree with the vast majority of them, but I respectfully disagree on immigration.

Immigration already ruined the country once (for the native Americans) and will destroy the country again in a different way.

I understand your point about making their own countries good enough not to want to leave, but why is that our responsibility, with the amount of issues we currently face?

A good friend told me about a month ago that he couldn't even get a landscaping job. The one he did get an interview for he didn't get. He couldn't speak Spanish.

This is a tough issue for me...

If it wasn't for the small children I would be screaming to send them home.

I just look at what we are sending them home to and it's heartbreaking.

I definitely see both sides.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree, their country is in shambles between cartels, their corrupt government, and their own desperate citizens, far more than most people in this country even know. It's a shame, and I do feel sorry for them, but only to an extent.

If things got that way here, I think the sheep would finally wake up and take to the streets. I don't know much about the rest of the South American countries aside from Mexico. I don't know how bad Peru is, Guatemala, Ecuador, etc, but I do believe when it gets to the point Mexico is at, it's up to their own citizens to take their country back.

Iraq is a great example. We practically annihilated the bad guys at one point, then lessened our presence, and look at it now. Why did that happen? Everyone there is armed, the citizens didn't do their part.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How about if we give these kids the opportunity to fix their own broken country instead of allowing them to invade and break ours. We didn't invite them, they have nothing to offer this country that will slow or stop the death throes of our economy that their compadres have caused. If people have a soft spot in their hearts they should voluntarily adopt one or more and make themselves responsible for them financially so they will not be a burden on our overstressed society. Otherwise we should put it to the vote and end the problem once and for all. Whatever the majority decides becomes the law. Let them invade and plunder us or send them back.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

yup....it's been called "the mexican dream"...and it's come at the expense of the american dream.

meh, whatever...if you look in the other immigration thread, i'm an ignorant racist, because i've seen all this stuff first hand...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

you know, i had that experience too....couldn't get a landscaping job, because none were available...i found a couple of smaller firms that were hiring, but because i couldn't speak spanish, i wasn't going to be a good fit...same deal with the construction jobs i tried to get.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

while it may be heartbreaking, one must remember it is not our job solve the world's problems, especially if it means destroying ourselves in the process...

if their countries are so bad, and they are truly sick of it, it is their responsibility to rise up, overthrow their governments, and build the countries they want to live in.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4
If things got that way here, I think the sheep would finally wake up and take to the streets.

no, they wouldn't.....they would expect uncle 'murrica to deal with it..."personal responsibility" is either foul language, or a completely foreign concept to most people to these days...and by the time they realized that uncle 'murrica either can't or won't deal with it, it would be too late, and they wouldn't take to the streets, because they'd be too scared of dying....America's on it's way out...there's very little time left to stop it..

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, good luck to anyone ending up with these "kids". Hubby and I live in the South, and we have had to move twice already because of these so-called pitiful immigrants coming into the neighborhoods and literally ruining them. We would see illegals coming in late at night with sleeping bags and mattresses on their backs and cramming into another immigrants residence...sometimes there would be like 20 people or more stuffed into one little house or trailer or camper. Lots of noise would ensue. The pitiful kids would play anywhere they wanted to, picking flowers from well kept yards, climbing on nice new vehicles of the locals, and if you scolded them for doing so....no result...just brazen looks and on with the game. It got tiresome. There was a little park across the street where these "kids" would throw food wrappers and cans and bottles and garbage all over and the adults that these kids were with never cleaned it up..us American citizen residence had to clean up the mess.

We have kids here in Detroit that die every day from hunger and abuse. We have Vets not being taken care of. Like one poster said, we can't even feed the hungry USA folks here, the homeless, without the law on us. Heck, our own kids get in trouble for having a lemonade stand. Our own folks need help. Let Mexico fix their own problems and hopefully, some miracle will happen here where we can help our own first and foremost.

edit on 1-7-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

My only problem, along with everyone else who's fed up, is we have no idea where to go or who to speak with to take our country back. There seems to be nobody willing to step up and initiate anything. I don't know enough people to even think about it.

What I do wonder about, is what more do people need to wake up and realize nothing will change until we do it ourselves? What's the breaking point?

I guess the majority aren't uncomfortable enough yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Wide open my ass. Easy to get temporary working papers maybe. Try for anything other than that if you are not rich. My mother, married to a born canadian for over 30 years, mother to me, also a canadian, has been going through the process for going on 7 years now to get residency. Or is it just a racist thing? My father is native canadian, and my mother is half native american.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

PS. America was built by immigrants.

Are you forgetting that this country was not only built by immigrants, but many lives were lost and destroyed to build this country.

It was not handed to our ancestors, my family has roots tracing back to the late 1600's. Many of my family members of the past sacrificed life, limb, family, and possessions, so you and I can call this wonderful country home.

It was handed to us, whih is why so many people think the way you do today.

The only one's sacrificing today are the armed forces and their family, and the governments motives are questionable to say the least.

Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves at what we have turned, or allowed, this country to become, after they sacrificed so much to build the foundation for this great nation.

I feel sorry for the children, but their parents need to take care of their issues at home. They need to take a stand all together to make their nation/country great, not overwhelm our country and cause more problems here at home.

It is a clusterbang and there are no easy answers, but letting all of these illegal immigrants inundate our system is not the answer, child or not.

I feel sorry for our ancestors, the struggle they had to make, what we are today, only to be ran into the ground such as it is.

My opinion.

edit on 1-7-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My family came to the US when I was 5 years old; you know how they did it? legally. They were poor before coming here but managed to fill out all the paper work required, crossed their t’s, dotted their I’s, and waited for years to get here. Lots of us are Sons and Daughters of immigrants, but we walked in the front door; not the back.

Don’t even think for a second that this isn’t going to cost us more money; because it will. What these Parents are doing is Russian roulette with their kid’s lives. They are counting on the US to take care of their kids for them, and after a while the parents and all their Kin will want to come over for humanitarian reasons. This is just an immigrant’s take on this subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have seen friends miss job opportunities because they didn't speak Spanish too!! No American citizen should be required to speak a foreign language in their own Country when it has nothing to do with international business. Legal immigrants learn the language of the land, many illegals don't want to. So when a company hires a majority of Spanish speaking illegals, they get catered to while a citizen is forced to change for them. This is un-acceptable. I wouldn't dream of living in a foreign Country and expect them to speak MY language in order to get a job in their own Country. It is rude and arrogant.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

be careful....i got called an ignorant racist in the other immigration thread, for sharing similar experiences..

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
if some of the medical horror stories I've read are true.. this flood of kids just might break the system here, and potentially launch a medical outbreak in the states.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

well, i mean, using the system set up to petition the government to redress such grievances isn't going to work, because the petitions fall on deaf ears..

there's always violent revolution, but that's messy, and there are too many idiots who would kill and die, to defend the current broken system, so that's not the best idea either..

if a million or so people marched on the district, overran the whitehouse (calmly, and civily, not killing people like savages), and placed the president, and his cabinet under arrest, and then did the same with congress, and the supreme court, and the house, senate, etc MAYBE we could start to turn things around...but then, there would be the question of who would replace the three branches of government that we just arrested? would it lead to a worsening of our situation, because the wrong people were put in positions of power? i guess that's not really a viable option either...

i guess you're right, we're pretty much f**ked...

the ONLY thing that MIGHT work, is if everyone simply decides not to recognize the authority of the federal government...they derive their power from the consent of the governed...we withdraw our consent, and they have no power. they can't kill, or jail all of us...

-shrug- options are pretty limited....personally, i think it'd be nifty if the federal government would stop all the bulls**t, and just do their job, the way they're supposed to do it, and obey the law....

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It's very complicated.

I live on the Border and I can tell you for a fact.

They are coming anyway. It's getting worse not better.

Well the question one must ask is how?

Do you really think the Cartels are doing this? That is nonsense. If it was that simple, they would have done it a long time ago, especially during the 60'a through the 90"s when drug use, particularly coc aine, was actually a bit more mainstream than it is today.

Do you think that Mexico's Southern Boarder has just now suddenly had an issue with illegal immigration? Nope, think again. People coming into Mexico's Southern Boarder has always been an issue which is why Mexico has the very tough immigration laws they have today.

Sorry but even the Cartels can not smuggle this amount of people over Mexico's Southern Boarder and THEN get them to the US.... not without a lot help from Mexico or the U.S. or both.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Oh yes, picketing in front of the White House never solved a thing. I know they say violence doesn't solve anything either, but I beg to differ.

I agree with you, nobody should be killed "just because," that would make us no better than them. I don't think we'll have to worry about that though, their increasingly militarized police will be the aggressors once they begin seeing crowds of thousands of fed up, armed citizens.

With the ever increasing "we're above being held accountable" attitude among our "leaders," this country truly feels like a powder keg about to explode.

On another note, i found this pretty interesting:

mobile.reuters.com...

Now they want to give voting rights to illegal immigrants. To me, that is NOTHING more than trying to gain votes from the illegals who at this rate would compose a large percentage of the voters. Our leaders are in it for themselves. The stopped placing the interests of the country above their own a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I can almost agree with your idea. Which is rare as you can probably attest.

It's almost humane of you to take this stand.

now why 20 and not 18?

and why force them back to a country once a decade that they probably at that time won't have any real connection to?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join