It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Then they jump out and scatter. That's what I see.
a reply to: whyamIhere

You need to truly open your eyes...

There are plenty of starving, helpless, children in this country that are being neglected simply because the liberal media camera is not pointed at them...
Where is your compassion for them?

Do they have to be on the nightly news for you to care?

Maybe you should take into account that your perception of what is happening in this world is more complex than what the news cameras are showing...

My heart hurts for the pain of those children tossed over the fence by desperate mothers.. BUT,... I also know that AMERICA CANNOT FEED THE ENTIRE PLANET OF CHILDREN!!!

Why not focus on getting our own back yard of starving children in order before we take on the REST OF THE FREAKING PLANET!!!

HMMMM?

edit on 29-6-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: whyamIhere

Your heart is in the right place, i'll give you that.

but my thinking is that until ALL of OUR children have access to a future, we shouldn't go trying to give one to another country's youth...

i've said it before, and i'll say it again: we have far too many problems HERE, that we should be working on...once that's done, THEN we'll be in a position to help everyone else...if they want our help.

Exactly!!!! How can anyone just ignore the plight of our poor and hungry people and instead give all our attention, time , aid and money to foreigners? How are our citizens supposed to feel??? Are they not human beings as well? Do they not deserve to survive? Many pro illegal people will skip right over those facts and go right back to the plight of the illegals.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
do we get to pick?

i think those that want to take care of them should. with their own money and resources, of course.

but what to do with all the others?

it would be fairer just to send them all back.

they came in through mexico, just drop them over the border and let mexico deal with them.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Yep, I have been saying that for years. The illegals have been the focus while our own citizens are treated as sub human. It is against the law for us to even feed the homeless, unless it is in a shelter or soup kitchen. These people are not allowed to have tents set up in many places. These people shed real tears and feel real pain. No foreigner should ever be placed above an American citizen the way that they are! They need food and housing and medicines and it is about damned time we care for them first.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I know where you guys are coming from.

I always believe we should put America first.

We are talking about Children.

I have compassion for a child inspite of the misfortune of their birthplace.

The adults....Can head to the back of the line.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So far 174,000 illegal immigrants, the majority from Honduras have crossed the US/Mexico border since Oct. 1st.
When asked who had families in the United States, they all raised their hands.

Parents are paying from 5 to 25,000 per child to human smugglers. Human smugglers are becoming millionaires.
Many of these kids are sexually abused along their journey, some are only 12 years old.

These parents should be arrested for child endangerment.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

for "poor people" they certainly have some cool cash lying around.

if the fee's are true, where are they getting this money?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Welcome, kids, to President Obama’s World of Big Business Owners and their Sweet Shops!

Obama is creating a 21st century Big Business Only System, complete with a permanent underclass of poor and uneducated workers (the current poor + illegal immigrants flooding across our southern border) dependent on Big Government for welfare and who will keep Big Business owners in power in order to keep the welfare flowing.

And the slaves will be the U.S. taxpayers.

Ironic: Our first black president re-establishing the Enslavement to the Business Owner System.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No amnesty,deport them all.No foreigner deserves a free ride on the American taxpayer.Deport them all.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

When speaking directly to illegals, many will tell you that they weren't poor, but that they could get so much more by being an illegal here. It costs money for illegals to get here, for either stolen identities and or fraudulent documents.

As for all these kids, they seem to have family here already who seem to be doing quite well for themselves. Why didn't they try to get the kids legal instead of putting their lives in danger? That is horrible.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

When speaking directly to illegals, many will tell you that they weren't poor, but that they could get so much more by being an illegal here. It costs money for illegals to get here, for either stolen identities and or fraudulent documents.

As for all these kids, they seem to have family here already who seem to be doing quite well for themselves. Why didn't they try to get the kids legal instead of putting their lives in danger? That is horrible.

This post doesn't even make sense! Are you saying they're wealthy? The cost of living is soooo much less in Mexico and Central America. For $50,000 you can buy a large hacienda -- with servants to boot! Why they would want to move here and work as yard workers, hammering out new roofs, and other jobs working for less than what the white folks are willing to -- boy, that's a big mystery.

Guatemala has the highest poverty rate in Latin America, and The Republic of Honduras is the second poorest country in Central America. So, yeah, all these people risking their lives and their children's lives to get here - they're just all middle class and wealthy folks who want to get richer by mowing your yard...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
Welcome, kids, to President Obama’s World of Big Business Owners and their Sweet Shops!

Sounds kinda like Willy Wonka. Nice.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Night Star

This post doesn't even make sense! Are you saying they're wealthy? The cost of living is soooo much less in Mexico and Central America. For $50,000 you can buy a large hacienda -- with servants to boot! Why they would want to move here and work as yard workers, hammering out new roofs, and other jobs working for less than what the white folks are willing to -- boy, that's a big mystery.

Guatemala has the highest poverty rate in Latin America, and The Republic of Honduras is the second poorest country in Central America. So, yeah, all these people risking their lives and their children's lives to get here - they're just all middle class and wealthy folks who want to get richer by mowing your yard...

You are correct in that our money is worth so much more in their own Country. Many return to their own Country well off. By saying they are doing quite well here, I didn't mean they were wealthy, just well off enough that they had thousands to get their kids here.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Having been paying attention to this issue when it first cause my attention the following can be stated:

While yes it is a noble cause to take care of the children that are left on the doorstep of the USA. It is an act of compassion and the decent thing to do, many faiths would state such and point out such as a duty and something that should be followed, as it would be in line with their various beliefs.

However, that being stated, this is going to be a nightmare and a problem in the long run. The United States of America, is no longer the bread basket of the world, nor can it afford the mass influx of refugees that are coming here. And one must wonder about the parents who sent their children so far away from home, to what all is going on, is it really that bad, as we are told or led to believe?

One must wonder why a mother or parent would send their child on such a dangerous journey and that is only just the beginning of the problems. Many of the towns and cities that have these centers in them are starting to feel the effects of having refugees there, and it is only going to get worse.

Food shortages, could you deal without say a load of bread, or milk? What if it was your town, and you walked into the grocery store and found the shelves either bare or very little on it, cause it was going to feed the refugee’s there, would you be so kind hearted and understanding? And that is only the beginning. There is no logistics for such, no facilities to hold such for an indefinite period of time, no means of support, save that of we the people, and it will leave many states holding and footing the bills for bad policies that it has enacted.

The saddest part of all, is that the correct action would be to send the children home to their parents, to not come to the USA, as it can not afford such at this time, and ultimately start baring the entry and border from all coming in till the USA gets its act together and puts together a new immigration policy, scrapping the old, that way it can deal with the influx in a civil and humane manner. Right now all that is happening is many of the children showing up, are initially in detention centers. So these children are coming from where they had some freedom, to be put in jail initially before being taken elsewhere? How is that any better?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I know where you guys are coming from.

I always believe we should put America first.

We are talking about Children.

I have compassion for a child inspite of the misfortune of their birthplace.

The adults....Can head to the back of the line.

I have children, and I would never send them by themselves out into the wild. I don't care how bad things got. They would stay with me. I wouldn't expect anybody else to take on that responsibility, and even then, if I had to, it would be in my country! Not some foreign land. I worry for their safety. How any parent could just send off their little kids.....it infuriates me!

I love kids and have a lot of empathy towards the little ones at the border, but they have to go home. Who here in America is going to take care of them and where is that money gonna come from?? Kids are expensive! We have so many orphans here in America that it would be absurd to take on orphans from any other country at this point.

The kids' best interest is to stay home and when they get old enough, they can change what is wrong with their country, because obviously, their parents are too big of cowards to do it, or maybe, they're part of the problem. They have a hard fight ahead of them, but when they win, and yes, good beats evil, they will have earned it and have a good, safe country where they can live in peace.

It is in the best interest of the US gov to pressure the Mexican government in to taking care of these cartels and other problems. It's of national security.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

That's what bothers me the most.

How bad does it have to be to send your babies 3000 miles with smugglers ?

It must be horrible for these poor kids.

Kids are my weakness. I admit it.

I just could not send them back to the filth and poverty.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: Fylgje

That's what bothers me the most.

How bad does it have to be to send your babies 3000 miles with smugglers ?

It must be horrible for these poor kids.

Kids are my weakness. I admit it.

I just could not send them back to the filth and poverty.

Listen my friend, I understand, I really do, but don't think the Vast Majority of these children are traveling alone.
I believe it's a Scam to get to your Hear Strings!

LAREDO, TEXAS (KGNS) -- That mass exodus out of the countries in Central America has landed many women and children right in Laredo.

Many of them hanging out at the bus station, waiting for a ticket to continue their journey deeper into the U.S.

Despite challenges, the majority are happy they've made it to America and to a better life.

It's at the bus stations that undocumented immigrants are being dropped off by the dozens.

KGNS saw women and children as young as four months old, waiting for a ticket to a better place.

Volunteers are offering water, clothing and more.

All the mothers have traveled a long way from Central America on dangerous journeys to escape the life they once knew, and volunteers are worried about what is next for the people here.

Georgette says, "I'm finally here, and their help makes me feel great."

Most of the women at the bus stations say they're calling family members already living in the U.S. to help them purchase their bus tickets.

Linky
Not all but the Majority!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are a lot of places in America (Canada too) that are still relatively untouched.

If they want to live here so bad allot them five/ ten acres apiece (my choice would be Alaska since they are the least populous state land wise) and leave the youths to build their own housing, schools, roads and all the rest.
If they want to be here so bad they can work for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

under the table jobs....no taxes, 100% profit...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: tsingtao

under the table jobs....no taxes, 100% profit...

I knew many illegal women who held a job, had a spouse work under the table, yet claimed they were a one income household and ended up with welfare, medical, food and cheap housing. In reality they were well above the poverty limit. Then, they cram too many people into one house and share expenses. These people come out way ahead of the game. And some would claim at the end of the year kids that don't even live in this country and make a lot of extra money through deceit at tax time. Many of them are sending money back home to their own Country and end up moving back there well off.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join