It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Apples with pears? Nope. Anchor children bringing in the rest of the family. That's how they do it. This is no different. But bottom line ... we can't afford the anchor kids let alone the rest of them. And you've graciously offered to have Canada take them all ... tens of millions of them ... God bless you and have at it. Enjoy your higher taxes and loooong waits in the hospitals for medical care ... maybe you can hum a few bars of 'Oh Canada ...' while you write your big tax check out, it might take the sting out of writing the check.

Here's a thought ... open up a 'how to be a Canadian' school for illegals in Canada. Then bang the Canadian gov't for the money to pay for it. (and watch your taxes go up even more). Teach 'em how to make snow men and teach 'em what a hockey puck is. They have to learn how to say 'eh' and drink Molson. Either that .. or you guys will have to exchange hockey for soccer and learn how to eat a lot of tacos.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: faust833
a reply to: whyamIhere

We can't hang a "Closed Sign" on America? Here is a little bit of enlightenment for you, guess what? America is CLOSED. I don't give a crap about Drug Cartels, and yes I am aware of them. But their problems and their children need to stay in their country.

Because this is my country, and I don't want to let in thousands of damn immigrants when Americans can't get a damn job!

I mean come'on, what happened to common sense?

I could care less about Immigrant Children, we need to take care of our economic situation in this country before we start letting thousands of immigrants pour in to this country. For what? So they can work under the table for Greedy Rich White Men, taking a job that a potential honest american could be working at?

Yeah let's let the cartels move in, they already are bringing their violence over the border. You didn't think through this one did ya? Come'on man!

The topic is up for discussion. That's what we are doing.

Obviously nobody has clearly thought this through.

Yet, here we sit with a few 1000 kids on our doorstep.

There are no easy answers here. Do you think they are just going home ?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

52,000 so far this year
Add to that the fact that there are at least 20 million illegals already here.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The topic is up for discussion. That's what we are doing.

Obviously nobody has clearly thought this through.

There are no easy answers here. Do you think they are just going home ?

A few thousand? I was just told it was 10's of millions? No prob. Send em up here. Never know what's going to happen. P K Subban is one of the most electrifying hockey players in the NHL today. Both his parents.... immigrants.

ETA: And he has 2 brothers also drafted into the NHL.
edit on 29-6-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

52,000 so far this year
Add to that the fact that there are at least 20 million illegals already here.

52,000 ?

That is a staggering number. Didn't realize there was so many discarded kids.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There is a video which gaves the estimations
Newshour

in about 2 minutes

edit on 29-6-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
You and the other posters were discussing adoption, you made Very Good Points and your points need to be listened to.
I'd like to attach some thing for people who my need a little help with the Law in their state if they are Really Want to Contemplate Adopting one or two of these children.
Childwelfare

My friend I would also like to add.
My husband has been talking to some old friends of his from various agencies that have close contact with the Border Patrol and I C E in Arizona and Texas.
What he's learned is this, some of these children have been picked up and released to documented and undocumented family members here in America.

Many time the family members are camped out at the Border Patrol Stations or they know some agents that inform them when a person with that last name has been picked up and asking about them.
Or more often than not, the children actually ask to use the agents cell phone to call a local number for their family.
Yes it's true, It was reported but the news agency was told not to report this and I noticed it was pulled from the net, I couldn't Google it.
Some of the other children are waiting for Aunts and Uncles from W. V. and AR. and NE. to come and claim them my husband was told.
How many more are waiting for family to arrive, either from across the border or from inside the border?
edit on 29-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

There is a video which gaves the estimations
Newshour

in about 2 minutes

Tragic...

You just want to go get that kid.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Bring back orphanages temporarily. Regulate them, inspect them, and perhaps have them partially privatized if necessary, or set them up as charitable organizations so they can raise private funds to help these children that have been abandoned and used like human shields.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

That could help...

Under current law this is a nightmare for everyone.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I know I'm going to take some shots on this but here is how I feel.

There are 1000's of parents that sent their children to America. Think about that.

The pull of America is so strong you would send your kid with smugglers to get here.

I could not turn them away. I see this as a way to make a real difference.

A chance for these babies to have a future that does not involve a Drug Cartel.

America is certainly big enough to absorb these children. I would raise one.

This is my idea. Adopt these kids to good homes across America.

In return for educating these kids and giving these kids their Citizenship.

When they turn 20.

From that point on they must spend 1 out of 10 years in their Home Country.

We educate these kids with strategies that can change their Country of Birth.

The only way we are going to stop all of So. America from coming to the US.

Is to help them make the Country so good they do not want to leave.

It's just an idea...

I have a better idea. Turn Mexico into a glass desert.

Or

Forced sterilization.

Either of these solve the problem

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They are already in and well on their way to guaranteed citizenship.

Thanks to changes made in 2008, being an "unaccompanied minor" is all it takes to become a citizen now.

This is why the whitehouse and the MSM keep pushing the "unaccompanied minor" meme.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) was created through the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1990.7 It was further expanded in 2008 via the Trafficking Victims Protection and Reauthorization Act of 2008.8 Unaccompanied minors who cannot reunify with “one or both of their parents” due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment can apply for SIJS.9 In order for a child to be eligible for this protection, a state court must find the child has been abused, neglected, or abandoned by one or more parents.10 This can happen in one of two ways:

If a child has been abandoned by both parents, the local department of social services can take the child into its custody. By doing so a petition will be filed with the local state circuit court, and if no one comes forward as the child’s parent, that child will be found by the state court to have been abused, neglected or abandoned by his or her parents and placed in the custody of the state, in foster care.

The second avenue is where a child resides with one parent and the other parent abused, neglected, or abandoned the child in the home country or in the United States. The parent residing in the United States can file for custody and ask that the state court find in its order that the child was abused, neglected, or abandoned by the other parent. A petition for SIJS can then be submitted, with a copy of the requisite state court order, which must have specific findings, including a finding that the child has been abused, neglected, or abused by the other parent. After the Special Juvenile Immigrant Status petition is approved, the child can pursue adjustment of status, to change their status from illegal to legal.

www.americanbar.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Bring back orphanages temporarily. Regulate them, inspect them, and perhaps have them partially privatized if necessary, or set them up as charitable organizations so they can raise private funds to help these children that have been abandoned and used like human shields.

All of this being done in Mexico right?

I'm good with that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
[P K Subban is one of the most electrifying hockey players in the NHL today. Both his parents.... immigrants.

Legal immigrants? No problem. 20 million illegal immigrants overall AND 52,000 unaccompanied minors (this year alone) ... if you think they all will be hitting the NHL and tipping the scales in favor of Canada ... great! You guys need all the help you can get in trying to get Stanley with a team up there.
(yeah, I went there ... ha ha)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
From a humanitarian stand-point yes I agree.

The repercussions are far reaching however. Labor is cheaper now than it has been in a long time and we have a constant flood of unskilled labor constantly heading across the border leaving those of us citizens who are unskilled with very little options. This is just one facet of a many sided issue.

It's very complicated.

I live on the Border and I can tell you for a fact.

They are coming anyway. It's getting worse not better.

Have you personally seen children coming here alone? I am thinking this whole thing is to manipulate feelings. We are human, you say... little kids... coming here all alone and we feel very different than if you say a bunch of work age men are coming in.

Our own kids are not able to find work in the teens and up they now stay home half their lives because there is no way to make a living. Like someone else said, if money was not being wasted all over the globe we could help ourselves and many others.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes, let's let EVERYONE in, until we've become so overpopulated, that we're only allowed to have 1 child per family...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We don't agree on a whole lot, WhyamIhere, but we agree on this subject. I think sending these kids back is extremely inhumane. It would be more humane to round them up, put them in large rooms where we gas them. End it quickly. Personally, I'd rather help them to survive.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

The repercussions are far reaching however. Labor is cheaper now than it has been in a long time and we have a constant flood of unskilled labor constantly heading across the border leaving those of us citizens who are unskilled with very little options. This is just one facet of a many sided issue.

It's very complicated.

Have you personally seen children coming here alone? I am thinking this whole thing is to manipulate feelings. We are human, you say... little kids... coming here all alone and we feel very different than if you say a bunch of work age men are coming in.

Our own kids are not able to find work in the teens and up they now stay home half their lives because there is no way to make a living. Like someone else said, if money was not being wasted all over the globe we could help ourselves and many others.

I have not seen any minor children...

We have several Hotels full of Mexicans claiming asylum.

It's getting worse. They get in little boats and make runs to shore.

Then they jump out and scatter. That's what I see.

edit on 29-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

It's very complicated.

I have not seen any minor children...

We have several Hotels full of Mexicans claiming asylum.

It's getting worse. They get in little boats and make runs to shore.

Then they jump out and scatter. That's what I see.

Thank you, I have not been seeing any of these "poor little children all alone". The people coming here right now are they going to find it better than where they are coming from I wonder, it is not as it used to be.

I feel very strongly as my children are the children of my ex whose Father came here illegally, getting a good ranch job with free housing meals and vehicle (he drove with no lic) he sent for his family who came legally with green cards, it took many years.

My ex became a citizen, the rest of the Family 7 kids, own several houses each, businesses and all of their many many kids have gone through college for careers like Lawyer and Dr. (except those in the drug trade who are making money or in jail) and yet all of his brothers and sister consider themselves Mexican Citizens and store money in Mexican banks, buy Mexican property always talking of the day they go HOME.

By the way during the draft, Vietnam war all of my ex's brother ran to mexico while my ex enlisted and was not taken due to a hearing problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your heart is in the right place, i'll give you that.

but my thinking is that until ALL of OUR children have access to a future, we shouldn't go trying to give one to another country's youth...

i've said it before, and i'll say it again: we have far too many problems HERE, that we should be working on...once that's done, THEN we'll be in a position to help everyone else...if they want our help.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join