It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that is the only way to get mass support here.

Sever the "anchor" aspect across the border and many more people would welcome these kids in. As it is most realistic people see every child on the border as 3-5 additional people on the dole within two years.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Our country was built by immigrants, we were not the first people to find this land.
We "bought" the land out from under the previous owners at gun point.
So you right, it didn't rise out of nothing, it was taken by force.
The very same people you don't want here have the same claim that their ancestors fought and died for the land they want to now inhabit. But we get to over look that now right? That happened so long ago that it doesn't matter any more?

edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 13:30:41 -0500America/Chicago620144180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
And yes .. it's a civilian invasion. Don't for a minute think that it isn't.

I can see where that would be a little scary. It didn't work out too well for the Native Americans.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

At least they had a chance to fight back. Our nation will die with a whimper

link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I can see where that would be a little scary. It didn't work out too well for the Native Americans.

Yep. They got hammered. They lost the war. And that is exactly what will happen to the USA. It's a civilian invasion of people who will be sucking off the economy and providing nothing. It will seriously harm the USA ... we can't afford it. They leave their sucky countries and illegally come in ours and make it sucky too.

link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If we could adopt them to wealthier families and give tax credits.
Maybe, we could help some of these kids.

They aren't up for adoption. They aren't orphans. They have families. Families that are a few months behind them. That's the whole point of the kids all coming first and unaccompanied .... they are skirting the laws here. Unaccompanied kids get to stay and then once the unaccompanied kid is a ward of the USA, then the mom and dad and aunts and uncles and cousins all will show up and claim the kid and claim to be able to stay here because the kid is the ward of the USA.

They can't be adopted ... they aren't orphans. That's the whole invasion plan. And yes .. it's a civilian invasion. Don't for a minute think that it isn't.

That's where I would change things.

These kids were sent to America to get a better life.

These kids are up for adoption by abandonment.

Now, only the kids get to stay with American families.

Or No Deal...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Except the child abandoned isn't technically an orphan, either, but that doesn't stop us from treating them like one when they are surrendered by their parents.

How is this any different? These parents have more or less surrendered their children into our custody. They have given up all pretense of responsible parenthood. Our CPS would be all over them if they were normal American citizens, and since that's what they claim they want, I don't see why we shouldn't treat them any different. If they don't like it, send the kids home.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
These kids are up for adoption by abandonment.

And then when their 'real' mommy and daddy and cousins all show up in a few months, who do you think the kid will want to be with? Not the adoptive USA family that doesn't even speak the same language.

It would be heartbreak and a financial disaster for any USA family 'adopting' the unadoptable.

Side note - we adopted our daughter. The thought of birth parents coming and getting an adopted child is every adoptive parents nightmare.

Another side note - Adoption is massively expensive. It comes directly out of the pocket of the adoptive family. We didn't adopt without absolutely being sure the birth parents wouldn't come and snatch our daughter. Anyone who would adopt the border kids wouldn't have the promise that birth parents won't fight.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

And yes .. it's a civilian invasion. Don't for a minute think that it isn't.

Yes, and my husband, the part Native American, points that out every single time he makes an anti-amnesty argument.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am worried just what is going to happen to these kids once the media does fade away. How there was a work contract 3 to 6 months previous to this event to help with this child influx in one of the other threads sets of the warning light that the whole thing is staged on purpose.

Unfortunately I would not be surprised if some Halliburton type organization through one of its subsidiaries does pick up the contract to help with their black market child trade. Hopefully some of the kids do find some where decent to live and at least get a basic level of respect.

link   

That's why the country has to make it clear through dimpolamtic channels that this is what WILL happen. If people don't like it, they need to either not send their kids or lodge a protest. And the kids get sent home.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
How is this any different?

Because these kids aren't 'abandoned' by the parents. That's not the intent. The families just sent the kids ahead and they'll be showing up in a few months. That's how the international discussion would go. And the birth families would win. The courts nearly always side with birth families ... they try to keep birth families together. The kids and the birth parents would want to be together ... and USA families would be stripped of the kids - they'd be used as babysitters and they'd be used for their money.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, if the real parents show up to get them.

They can take them home...To their Country of Origin.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What is so heartbreaking is the fact that this "incident" was probably planned and executed by nefarious individuals for the purpose of perpetrating division and chaos, financial strain on states, and, not to mention clandestine infiltration. Arizona and Texas are not this administration's favorite states to say the least.

It's like the terrorists who hide behind children and women or locate their weapons and chemicals among innocent civilians.

We all want to reach out to the 11-year old with sad eyes and tired body who is confused and scared. But, what about the 20-something with gang tattoos and a hardened defiance posing as a 16-year old? Now...there's your real challenge.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I'd bet a box of donuts that the people would send their kids anyways and take the chance.
they already are flaunting the law. A new law wouldn't make any difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You know...

It's really hard to argue with someone the has over 11 million stars.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That is an issue. One of many.

But can be solved by, though there might be complications that I'm not trained to address, the simple expedience of declaring them abandoned.

In sense, they've been abandoned on our doorstep...seems the rights of the parents have been severed.

I could, of course, be wrong. Hardly a unique happening...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Except it's not a new law. It's common to have these laws all across the US. Why should we treat them any different from US citizens?

They're called Safe-haven Laws, and Texas was actually the first state to have one. How have these children not been abandoned, and why should we not treat them exactly like we would any other child abandoned in the United States?

You can say that wasn't their parents' intent, but then, at the very least, they're guilty of all kinds of child endangerment. So, why should they have any claim to keep these children in their care again if they show up, and if they do, they should all be sent home as they have no right to be here or else they face prosecution and their kid should be taken away.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I beg to differ
"They aren't orphans", some are!
"They aren't abandoned", some are!
They are coming across the border Unaccompanied by a family member. Those with family should be sent back to their respective families, those without family should be treated like any other abandoned, deserted or orphaned child, - inoculated and put up for adoption, immediately.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If Mexico had abandoned 1000 puppies on our doorstep.

They would have new homes in one day.

Do you know we have three times more abused animal shelters than we do for abused Women.

Not saying kick the dog if you get mad....but, Sheesh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join