It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

i think they have.....the people seem to want secure borders, a functional and prosperous economy, jobs, and a decent standard of living...until these requirements are met, we should not be accommodating criminal foreign invaders, who seek to take from us, what is ours, and do harm to our country.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

you're missing the most important questions...one might even say they are philosophical questions..

is the fact that their country of origin is crap, our fault, or our problem?

can we AFFORD to do anything about it?

in my estimation, the answer to both is "no"

until we can take care of our own, and get our own house in order, we should not even be CONSIDERING taking on additional burdens.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

word....

i'm broke, unemployed, haven't been able to secure employment in 2 years, and am not collecting any government benefits of any kind.....were it not for the kindness of my parents, i'd be living in an appliance box somewhere..or worse..

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

it's funny you should mention school....

i don't live in a border state. i live in the northeast U.S.

when i went to elementary school, the classes were relatively small (15-20 kids per classroom), taxes were pretty low...my town was relatively quiet, not a lot of crime..my neighborhood was clean, quiet, and safe..

20 years later, the classes are overloaded (30-40 kids per classroom), they had to put up trailers to handle the overflow...and 80% of the classes are now mexican kids. taxes shot up through the roof, the town is no longer quiet, crime is way up, and my neighborhood is no longer quiet, clean, or safe...

why? illegals.

i won't go into the mechanisms of how it all works there, but we have a problem. a certain group bought up most of my neighborhood..they pack mexicans into the houses, as a placeholder. the mexicans s**t up the neighborhood, and lower the property value (see this post, for a first-hand account of what it's like to live in a neighborhood overrun by illegals). now that the property value is tanked, this group swoops in, buys out anyone who's still left, for next to nothing, tosses the illegals, buldozes the entire neighborhood, and builds high-end condos for themselves...i've watched this happen all over the town, over the years..in that town, the illegals are a tool for others...in other towns, they're just there, because nobody wants to take them on...

illegal mexicans, and the people using them, destroyed that town...

we moved out of that town about 7 months ago...our position was overrun, and we had no choice...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

in my old town (the one i just moved out of), i was in the ER...had a dental abscess it was very painful, i had a fever, and was starting to get chest pains...i found out after a doc had seen me, that i was very close to being admitted, because i was very close to sepsis...

i waited in the waiting room for 3 agonizing hours, while illegals came in after me, and because their kid had a cough, they got seen first. i didn't mind the 3 ambulances that came in with gunshot and car crash victims....but the illegals with the cough? yeah, i minded that...i'm in pain, my condition is life-threatening, and i get pushed to the back of the queue for a cough....that came in AFTER me...screw that..

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Bretbart routinely publishes complete lies, distortions, half truths, and fantasy. They rank between the weekly world news and world net daily as far as journalistic integrity goes.

Ever wonder who's brainwashing you into wanting to go to war?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
probably should replace that with " No Vacancy" right?

no...

people doing it the right way are perfectly ok...we're talking about ILLEGAL immigration...you know, people who sneak into the country, and aren't interested in being actual citizens...they just wanna squat...

they should all go. regardless of age, or country of origin.

they should NOT be rewarded for committing an illegal, and hostile act against our country.

until we can take care of our own, and attain a strong footing, we should not be trying to help anyone. and even after we are stronger, and more able to help, we should not be rewarding people for violating our borders...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

lol

ok, that is idiotic, and makes no sense...

firstly, you must define "underprivileged"..seems like a stupid term to me...it implies that one should have LOTS of privileges....that doesn't seem right....

of course, "underprivileged" sounds so much nicer than "homeless" "destitute", or "bum"

it's the word used to describe people with no jobs, no money, no home...people with nothing.....

now, people like that in this country, are treated like crap, and receive no help from their own government.....what you're saying is that people like this who are FOREIGN NATIONALS, should receive more consideration than actual citizens?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

While you make some good points, your leaving out a major one. Child and Family Services. Or whatever you call it down there... Once they get the red tape involved after removing children from dangerous situations, there's no way of getting them back. Names, addresses, telephone numbers, are all highly confidential. Any families trying to get back with their children would be next to impossible. It's a done deal and they know that when they leave for America.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Don't pretend you care about the poor in this country. Neocons don't give a DAMN about the poor in this nation.

You would happily put the poor on the same box car to the death camp along with illegals.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

or we go after the slumlords, and the "job creators", by telling them that they CANNOT pass on the cost of doing it right, to anyone.

the reason prices go up, is because executives are unwilling to give up idiotically huge bonuses, and aren't willing to make less, or give up any of their excessive comforts...

also, you still seem to be missing the fact that these people are breaking the law...if i rob a store, should i be allowed to keep the money, and go about my business, because i was trying to make a better life for myself at someone else's expense?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

"innocent until proven guilty" is a tenet of OUR legal system..it applies to our citizens..NOT foreign nationals..

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

weak argument.

here, you are condoning illegal activity, because you think it's a benefit.... -rolleyes-

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

you could analyze the information based on it's factual accuracy, instead of dismissing it out of hand, because you don't like the source.

how about you disregard "wings", and pay attention to facts?

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
It's harsh, i know, but its better than the hard core right has in mind. your afraid my solution would be too Nazi like? Their solution is all out genocide.

how's that?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

because they'll just live in tents, and sell drugs, or rob people, and do break-ins until they have enough to buy fake documents...

the key is to stop them from entering the country, in the first place...and for that, you need a proper wall, and proper defensive elements, and proper patrolling of the border....i hear the military is good at securing borders...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I'm not missing any fact. I've always maintained they should be deported. Just because i don't want them to be put into death camps, doesn't mean that I want them to get a free pass.

Sometimes its like taking to a wall.

Lets see if i can make it simple.

1: No death camps

2: Yes deportation

3: Fine, jail and take shut down businesses that hire illegals.

4: Fine, jail and confiscate the property of landlords that rent to illegals.

5: (because i can't state it enough) NO DEATH CAMPS!!!
edit on 10-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

you're entitled to that opinion...but again, fact-check..you cant assume EVERYTHING they publish is untrue.

you analyze the information, based on it's veracity, not it's source...otherwise, you're just a mindless parrot for whatever "club" you pledge allegiance to...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

lol

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

and nobody's talking about death camps...why in the hell do you keep bringing that up?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join