It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
U.S. officials estimate that 58% of those children should be classified as refugees not illegal immigrants. Yet, I am at a loss to understand where they get that number without interviewing all the children and checking the facts. Reading the article below, I would estimate the percentage to be much higher.

www.vox.com...

Now I don't deny your immigration program and resulting strain on other social programs need some out-of-the box solutions, but it looks like the money needed can be redirected from foreign aid to homeland aid, or perhaps restructured for efficient use of funds and/or faster placement of refugees with their American families or foster homes.

refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com...

I read in another article that to house (in substandard fashion) these refugee/illegal immigrant children costs in the low millions from an existing funded program there, compare this to what your wealthy country sends to other countries in foreign aid. I also just read where the U.S. government recently sent $1B in aid to Syrian refugees.

edit on 4-7-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Please do not send all those illegal immigrants to Canada. We already have more than enough ethnic enclaves filled with people that can’t speak English or French. It will only divide the country even further.
edit on 4-7-2014 by JustACoincidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

it looks like the money needed can be redirected from foreign aid to homeland aid, or perhaps restructured for efficient use of funds and/or faster placement of refugees with their American families or foster homes.

It hasn't been re-directed for citizens, it shouldn't go to more foreign aid by helping illegals. Until we can care for our own citizens, we have no right helping anyone else and placing anyone else above them.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I understand that for some of you, it's your marching orders to try and start some ill advised race war. Making up these stories, inflating the "danger", blaming illegal immigrants for all the ills of society.

It's sad really, because these illegal immigrants are just victims too.

A modern day slave caste. Victimized by "job creators" victimized by slum lords, victimized by an entire nation that both loathes their very existence and is dependent on the cheap disposable labor.

And what do you want from your government? To fix the symptom without addressing the real problem?

Can't go after the "job creators" paying people pennies on the dollar for backbreaking manual labor. If you did they would be forced to hire Americans at minimum wage, raising the cost to the consumer.

Can't go after the slum lords, forcing them to raise rents in order to bring properties up to code, making it harder for poor Americans to live.

So what's the real solution? Do we go after the real problem and by doing so take away the incentives for illegal immigrants to come here, or do we keep blaming the victims?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

these people will never understand. Until it affects them personally, they will not see it. By then it will be too late.

a reply to: Night Star

My Friend, It's Too Late Already, they're here to stay, Obama has no plans to send them back.
People have not listen and are not listening now.

maybe he doesn't have a choice due to the law past by republicans in 2008...but, why mention that, it takes something away from the "hate on Obama" crowd....and the right needs to maintain it's focus.
newsok.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You very well know that between the years 2001 & 2008 absolutely nothing at all happened. In fact the world was pulled into the phantom zone.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"The U.S. is already suffering a variety of social and economic ills perpetrated by decades of incessant invasions by millions of illegal immigrants seeking to escape the miserable conditions in their own countries. Giving them welfare benefits, education, health care and even amnesty is never enough, because as long as the nations from which they are fleeing do not address their own problems, there will be more, more, more seeking continued charity from the U.S.

#The growing U.S. national debt is now a staggering $17 trillion as the nation struggles to care for its own citizens, including its military veterans. The U.S. has a persistent unemployment and under employment problem, a crumbling infrastructure, a subpar public education system, a declining middle class and a horde of homeless citizens. The overburdened ship of state is already lumbering low on the water line, yet there are those scolding us that we cannot neglect the growing numbers of needy foreign waifs clamoring to come on board.

#There are those who feel guilty about the random fortune of being born an American citizen with opportunities for a level of affluence that the vagaries of chance have denied others. But no one should feel guilty about a providential accident of birth over which they had no influence.

#While sharing one’s good fortune with the less fortunate is commendable, it does not obligate one to unlimited generosity, especially to those who continually chose to aggravate their unfortunate conditions.

#If your neighbors have more children than they can feed and shelter, having their kids move in with you will not make your neighbors any less irresponsible. It will not compel them to address the reality of their limited resources or their reckless over-breeding.

#It will, however, make their problems yours. That is essentially what Mexico and some Central American countries have been doing for decades now - shifting their economic and population problems onto the U.S.

#To the extent that illegal immigration by children is due to the savage violence suffered in Mexico and Central America in the futile, selfish “War on Drugs,” the U.S. bears responsibility. However, the conditions of having more population than a nation can support forces that population to survive by whatever means available. People enlisting into the vicious cartels of the illegal drugs trade typically have few if any alternatives.

#Overpopulation anywhere in the world breeds poverty, crime, corruption and human misery. Offloading excess population onto America will not solve that problem.

#But, because for so long official America has been conveniently negligent in enforcing the nation’s immigration laws - so that various greedy Americans can gorge on cheap labor - the U.S. now suffers chronic negative consequences from a huge problem of its own making.

#Illegal immigration has become a contentious national issue that seems to defy resolution only because venal politics, greed and emotion have obstructed objective reason and the rule of law. It is a problem that has lingered far too long.

#Every home has its capacity limits and America has had enough of illegal immigration. The U.S. simply cannot house the world’s teeming masses of impoverished and war-plagued peoples. Illegal immigrants of any age must be sent back to their own homes."
www.dailysunnews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: guohua

these people will never understand. Until it affects them personally, they will not see it. By then it will be too late.

My Friend, It's Too Late Already, they're here to stay, Obama has no plans to send them back.
People have not listen and are not listening now.

maybe he doesn't have a choice due to the law past by republicans in 2008...but, why mention that, it takes something away from the "hate on Obama" crowd....and the right needs to maintain it's focus.
newsok.com...

Who's putting the Blame on the wrong Party? I remember the Democrats controlling Congress.

The Democratic Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995. Although the Democrats held fewer than 50 Senate seats, they had an operational majority because the two independent senators caucused with the Democrats for organizational purposes. No Democratic-held seats had fallen to the Republican Party in the 2006 elections.[2] Democrat Nancy Pelosi became the first woman Speaker of the House.[3] The House also received the first Muslim (Keith Ellison)[4][5] and Buddhist (Hank Johnson and Mazie Hirono)[6] members of Congress.

Link
Beside, if you read that bill, it was never designed or created for this mass flood, it was designed and created for the purpose of helping human trafficking victims not the Mothers and their Children that we have today.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh boy...here it is again.

I have already posted on a couple of other threads that these "wonderful but VERY unrealistic" notions are NOT the reality many of us near the border are experiencing.

I won't be repetitive, you can search for my other posts. I will try to add "something new" to the mix.

It's already been proven and discussed that a potential public health threat is a consideration.

Here's something for you to mull over from a nurse I know who is "working" at one of the "detention" locations: many of these kids are NOT "little ones" as the media like to have people believe, they are 16-17 yr. olds and there are in very close quarters with not a lot of supervision.

They are having sex like rabbits...I quote her. Well actually she said dogs.

I'm sure condoms aren't being handed out with the flippin' toothpaste???

Do the math...what the heck is going to be the "answer" say 10 months from now???

You're going to have a whole batch of new "citizens" and "parents" who will be getting all kinds of "help" ie assistance offered to them.

And...if they have family already here in the US? They will be getting it too, it's already happening here.

I am NOT a hard-a** and the first one to step up but people really need to be thinking further ahead than today.

And yet some still believe there is a GOOD outcome to all of this? Because people have good intentions?

This is going to be an epic disaster...no amount of good will or "save the children" thoughts is going to be enough.

The borders need to be closed...tightly...now.

edit on 4-7-2014 by irishchic because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: irishchic

their court dates are being issued in many case's a year after their release date, which means they will have enough time to anchor down if you catch my drift, not considering the fact that 90% of them will not even show up to their immigration hearing.

"The borders need to be closed...tightly...now." YUP!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Once on US soil, the kids are innocent, and victims in this illegal issue. What needs to be stopped is the people and methods used to get them here. They are the lucky ones because the holes are about to be plugged.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

so what your saying is these people and children after breaking the law are innocent?

then why are they getting court dates?

i know you mean these are innocent kids that may have never committed a crime in their home countries
but they committed one in the process of crossing the border Illegally.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinfulknowledge

I know, only the guilty have court dates right?

No innocent person ever has had to go to court. That whole innocent till proven guilty thing is just a saying.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

its gonna be hard to prove your innocent of not breaking a law when your not crossing the border through a designated port of entry....
hence why 90% of them will not even show up to their immigration hearing specifically because they are afraid they will be deported for breaking the law...

edit on 4-7-2014 by Sinfulknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"Many of the immigrants here in San Diego will not be heard from again after being released from custody.

About 33 percent of immigrants released by U.S. Customs and Border Enforcement (ICE) does not show up for their immigration hearings, according to immigration court officials. Border Patrol union representative Gabe Pacheco cites a Washington Examiner report that puts that number as high as 90 percent for juveniles.

To illustrate the scope of the problem, ICE was looking for more than 469,000 people in 2012. This included immigrants who didn’t show up to court, those ordered to self-deport and those wanted for violating the terms of their immigration."

Source: www.nbcsandiego.com...
Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

OK, Take a look at the website and you'll see where the fed's have been trying to relocate the illegals too.
You can also sign the Petition!

UPDATED: Wed, JUL 2nd 2014 @ 3:04 pm EDT
Since the border surge gained coverage from the mainstream media last month, the Obama Administration has tried to relocate tens of thousands of newly-arrived illegal aliens to communities across the country.

LINKY

edit on 4-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Now i didn't say they are all innocent, but you are assuming guilt based in them having a court date.

I would hate to have you on a jury.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

im assuming guilt on the fact they are caught red handed crossing the border illegally
and i hope you realize that there are no juries in immigration hearings....

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I was talking about having you on any jury. You assume someone is guilty based solely on them having a court date.

I mean how do you know ALL of these people were caught red handed crossing the boarder?

were you there?
edit on 5-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

well then your comment about me being on a jury is irrelevant as are my assumptions because i will not be the judge.
yes all the ones in custody broke the law by crossing the border without proper documentation, cutting inline who knows how many people trying to get in this country legally. I wasn't there but i can read the reports. You don't hear Border Patrol, Department of Homeland Security, and ICE calling these people legal immigrants, because in that case they would not be detained and given a court date because they came here through the proper channels. Rather then avoiding the issue why don't you provide better arguments to the conversation, pull out statistics, evidence, reports, examples of how Illegal immigration is not affecting this country negatively.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join