It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinfulknowledge
a reply to: whyamIhere

okay explain how they can be "wonderful" because you seem to be ignoring the facts of the matter which is these kids will burden our educational system more then it already is and set an example to other families in South America to send their kids here which is even more of a problem

you realize there are hundreds of thousands of American kids that cant find homes again explain how more kids that cant find homes is "wonderful"

while your at it address the facts rather then state how wonderful they are and you "think" families would take these kids, support your statements.

I realize every single thing you point out.

I have always been against illegal immigration.

It doesn't stop me from having compassion for these kids.

We are being overrun. We are being invaded. I get it. I live it.

As an American, our tradition has been to take in SOME kids that have been abandon.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinfulknowledge

you realize there are hundreds of thousands of American kids that cant find homes again explain how more kids that cant find homes is "wonderful"

We have people who are on waiting lists for years to get homes. You are right, there is nothing wonderful about that!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

As an American, our tradition has been to take in SOME kids that have been abandon.

How do you expect us to take in abandoned foreigners when we can't care for all of our own abandoned kids, poor people, veterans...????

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I think families would take these kids in.

Most of these kids have parents and they are here in the US. Unlike, a citizen who would be arrested for child abandonment or child endangerment, these parents will be re-united with their children.

I see that as a huge negative.

Right about the time things got settled and you love your new child.

Momma shows up to claim her crumb cruncher....I would be heartbroken.

There are no good options here.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It doesn't stop me from having compassion for these kids.

None of us should ever lose our compassion for others. I would like to see all those starving kids in Africa that are nothing but skin on bones with swollen bellies and flies all over them to have food and water and clothing and medical and homes. Can we take them all in? Can we take all the poor people of the world in? How wonderful it would be if we could. The sad truth is that it isn't going to happen. It breaks our heart. we can donate to them, to our own poor and it is never enough.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You have taken a brave and compassionate side of this issue. Which on this board while being unpopular is to me very respectable.

personally, i think this exodus of children story is hyperbole, but that there are people that would stand and do the right thing is nice.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Night Star

I think families would take these kids in.

Most of these kids have parents and they are here in the US. Unlike, a citizen who would be arrested for child abandonment or child endangerment, these parents will be re-united with their children.

I see that as a huge negative.

Right about the time things got settled and you love your new child.

Momma shows up to claim her crumb cruncher....I would be heartbroken.

There are no good options here.

Of course you would be heart broken and rightly so. This is not an easy world that we live in.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

You have taken a brave and compassionate side of this issue. Which on this board while being unpopular is to me very respectable.

personally, i think this exodus of children story is hyperbole, but that there are people that would stand and do the right thing is nice.

But what exactly is the 'right' thing? To continue to ignore the plight of our own poor and hungry people and place foreigners above them? The right thing would be for each Country to care for his own people and if there is extra money to go around, help others.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ever read the plaque on the statue of liberty?

Emma Lazarus, 1849 - 1887

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

m.poets.org...

Guess that doesn't apply anymore huh?

probably should replace that with " No Vacancy" right?

Oh wait, I forgot, this is the new America now where even our own poor are treated as complete crap.
edit on 3-7-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
“Those who cross our border today illegally, even children, are not eligible for an earned path to citizenship,” Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said this week. “Those apprehended at our borders are priorities for removal . . . regardless of age.”
i wonder if breaking the LAW has anything to do with that......

"An internal memo from the U.S. Border Patrol last month estimated that, all told, 90,000 minors would be apprehended this year and 142,000 next year."

“After engaging with the children and U.S. personnel, my staff learned that many of the children were smuggled across the border after hearing radio ads promising they would not be deported,” Feinstein said. “My staff also heard that religious organizations are spreading the same message.”

www.washingtonpost.com... 5e-f276-11e3-9ebc-2ee6f81ed217_story.html

like i said if we let them stay WORD WILL SPREAD LIKE A WILD FIRE ALL OVER SOUTH AMERICA!
and then what happens?
more and more kids put at risk and sent over here
and then our kids suffer with over crowded schools, and eventually a more competitive job market with less and less jobs available. I don't care if people think i am cold blooded, im just looking out for OUR American children that have no voice in this matter and will end up being the ones that suffer the most...

don't you people understand facts and reality?
we cant save the world, if we could we would have already!
all your compassion is aimed at the wrong issue's

On behalf of all logical Americans I'd like to apologize to all the Veteran's, all the children, all the homeless, all the family's that can not afford education and food for their families, all foster kids, all teachers and students, and the many more Americans suffering in all sorts of situations,
because if we allow all these people these children to break the law, it will mark the beginning of a mass migration of humans like never before, and ultimately you all will suffer.

P.S. I'd like to apologize to the families waiting patiently in line to get in this country as well, must feel like a slap in the face

I'm sorry...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

maybe our poor are treated like complete crap because we are to compassionate about ILLEGAL immigrants.
please can you show me the quote were it says Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, give them all to me illegally?

The Immigration Act of 1924, was formed from a Census conducted during the Gilded Age. The act enforced quotas by origin of country. During the years leading up to and including World War II, a little over 110,000 Jews were accepted into the United States. Why is that? Well simply because we have LAWS.
so again show me where the Statue of Liberty says to come here Illegally? Don't worry, I'll wait...

edit on 3-7-2014 by Sinfulknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You know it doesn't.

It wouldn't matter though if no one was coming here illegally nowadays, the general consensus among the hard core right is that the underprivilaged are scum, deserving only starvation and death.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Ever read the plaque on the statue of liberty?

Emma Lazarus, 1849 - 1887

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

m.poets.org...

Guess that doesn't apply anymore huh?

probably should replace that with " No Vacancy" right?

Oh wait, I forgot, this is the new America now where even our own poor are treated as complete crap.

How can anyone not recognize that this is not the America we once knew? At one time jobs were plentiful, people came through the proper channels with great respect for our Country and laws, we were not trillions of dollars in debt, we didn't have the high numbers of homeless and hungry we do now, it is not the great land of opportunity it once was. It hasn't been for a long time.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

don't you people understand facts and reality?
we cant save the world, if we could we would have already!
all your compassion is aimed at the wrong issue's

I have repeated the same thing over and over and over again. Sometimes, no matter what we say or how we say it, these people will never understand. Until it affects them personally, they will not see it. By then it will be too late.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

your absolutely right, but it doesn't make breaking the law okay. Once more, letting these people stay and letting the world see that it is okay to break our law and that they will get a free ride will only put the underprivileged in much more dire situations, word will spread quickly. You lead an ant to sugar and it will bring the colony, you show the world we are not deporting they will bring their families, but hey as long as we have compassion right, doesn't matter that American kids will suffer in the long run i guess...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

these people will never understand. Until it affects them personally, they will not see it. By then it will be too late.

My Friend, It's Too Late Already, they're here to stay, Obama has no plans to send them back.
People have not listen and are not listening now.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I forgot, if you want to break the law in America, be rich and white, then the right wing will not only defend your actions, but bail you out and give you a show on FOX news.

How dare they be poor and brown!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

damn straight! that's why i had to apologize to the logical Americans on here.
It baffles me that a person(me) that comes from a family of immigrants(that did it the LEGAL way) is making more sense then these "where's your compassion" statements...

where is their compassion for all the kids that will suffer from people breaking the law!!!
the educational system, our economy, our social safety net will all suffer.
i really feel bad for kids and veterans!

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm poor and brown, my brother and sister came to the U.S. when they were kids with my mother, but guess what, they didn't break the law in the process... And again your right there is definitely bias when it comes down to accountability and rich white people but your not doing the justice system any justice by allowing more people to get away with crimes... So instead of letting more people commit crimes and get away with them i say we hold everyone accountable. Send these kids home and make them do things legally, that way we can focus resource on catching American criminals.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
"Texas Congressman Henry Cuellar (D-Laredo, TX) told local media outlet CBS DFW, "I was talking to somebody that worked for Border Patrol, and he said that in the late 80′s there were a lot of kids from EL Salvador coming in and what they were doing is they had a ‘rent-a-kid’ program. In other words they said ‘oh if I come in and I have a kid with me they’ll let me go.'"

The Border Patrol agent apparently told the Congressman, "Henry, I’m seeing this again, I cannot believe it."

"Many Americans don't understand the power of word-of-mouth in Latin America; it's like gossip in a small American town times ten. Word about anything, especially friends or family members going though the northbound migration or southbound deportation process, spreads very quickly."

"Nora Griselda Bercian Diaz, a mother from Guatemala who crossed into the U.S. illegally with her 6-year-old daughter, told local media outlet KRGV that the message being spread in her home country is, "Go to America with your child, you won't be turned away."

"Instead of being turned away at the border, most of the illegal migrants are being given a myriad of taxpayer subsidized benefits including housing, food, education, vocational training, recreation, and even legal counsel. On top of this, each week authorities are currently releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants onto U.S. soil. Many of the freed immigrants are told to show up in court at a later date and are then released and reunited with their family members in the U.S."

"It is easy to imagine that the release--coupled with the benefits while in custody--only further incentivizes more illegal crossers.

Back in May Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol spokesman Daniel Tirado told Breitbart Texas that his sector is overwhelmed with the number of illegal immigrants that currently need to be processed. "We're catching an average of 1,000 per day and our agents are processing them around the clock," he said.

Now, that number has increased to "about 1,200 to 1,500 people they’re catching a day," Congressman Cuellar said. "About 20 to 30 percent of them are kids with no parents."

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join