It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinfulknowledge
a reply to: InTheLight

see that's your problem, your only paying attention to what helps your weak arguments (not much of a help though), yes they got "rerouted" (or turned away 180 degrees towards my county of San Diego an hour an a half away to be specific) BY PROTEST, they weren't simply rerouted for no reason. Your right, we have nothing against these kids but you put it right when you said our government and our economy SEEM (key word) to be able to afford it, but if you paid attention to inflation rates, the rise of poverty, how our veterans are being treated and ignored, homeless rates, our education system(Google that one, last i checked we were 37th), and just general income inequality you would know your completely WRONG.
just watch this. youtu.be...

Your country is one of the richest and, yet, you are complaining of money not being allocated where the people deem it should be. As I said before, your pitch forks are aimed in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Go back to the protesters trying to get the buses full of families to go back where they came from...I didn't see any doctors getting on the buses to check them out.

Hopefully they were checked before being bussed. If not, you know what that means right? That these diseases will spread.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

that was a really ignorant comment... obviously you dont know how the border patrol works, they get medically evaluated before transport and further more get a concoction of different vaccines. I know i said i wouldn't respond but you gotta get your "facts" straight.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Your country is one of the richest and, yet, you are complaining of money not being allocated where the people deem it should be. As I said before, your pitch forks are aimed in the wrong direction.

Our money should be allocated to those living here legally. Instead we have foreigners being taken care of while citizens suffer. If you can't comprehend the simplicity of this then nothing we say will make a difference.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
oh please point them in the right direction, enlighten us!
because money WASTED ON PEOPLE BREAKING THE LAW is better then spent on the most important people in this country, our veterans! who some never got the chance to come home, and others that did make it home get kicked to the curb when trying to receive these benefits they fought and risked their lives for. Why don't you tell us all the great things your country does for humanitarian crisis's? Maybe you'll list something helpful.........

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinfulknowledge
oh please point them in the right direction, enlighten us!
because money WASTED ON PEOPLE BREAKING THE LAW is better then spent on the most important people in this country, our veterans! who some never got the chance to come home, and others that did make it home get kicked to the curb when trying to receive these benefits they fought and risked their lives for. Why don't you tell us all the great things your country does for humanitarian crisis's? Maybe you'll list something helpful.........

Yes, our veterans who deserve our respect, who deserve to be taken care of, who deserve to be honored...have taken second place to illegals. This is an outrage and unforgivable!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I once had an Idea that if I had the money I would go to Africa and create a huge man made lake that I would pipe water in from the ocean and turn it into fresh water (again if I had a ton of money). Once that was complete I would start growing crops for the people and would have them manage it for themselves. Bring in fresh water fish and dump them into the man made lake.

Your idea as great as it sounds would be a disaster. You might as well setup 20 hospitals at the boarder with free everything so people can just come, have their children, and leave so we can pick up that tab as well (we already do for many that come here already).

As another poster has stated we have TONS of kids in the united states that need homes why do we always look outside before we look inside. Why do stars feel the need to adopt kids out of the US rather than here in the US. If they are that worried about the kids there why not BUILD a new life for them at their HOME.

I bet if those kids had food, water and a place to live they would be happy as a clam (at their home country) but we would rather take them away from their natural home. We give TONS of money to other countries that just use it for wars and not helping the people at all. Where is the outrage in that?

My advise would be to join the peace corps and help people rather than come up with an idea that would burden all US taxpayers with more taxes. If you see we are about to sink in debt we don't need more. I'm all for helping people do better for themselves but as the saying goes "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

My idea was to adopt abandon kids. Some are not abandoned.

The only thing I said the Government should do is give people that adopt a tax credit.

This is a very complex situation. Some Americans would take the abandon children.

The kids with Families must go to the back of the line.

I don't want to ruin my Country...I'm looking for solutions.

Because....They are already here

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

So should we drop charges on people that have committed crimes and gotten away with them for decades and lived a law abiding life since their run in with the law?
history will tell you no
abcnews.go.com...
www.mirror.co.uk...
yeah they are here already, doesn't make what they did legal.
how sorry do you feel for all the people and children that got cut in line waiting to try to get to this country legally?
I feel like this situation is a complete and utter disregard to our justice system.
Kids get thrown in juvenile penitentiary for breaking the law
www.nytimes.com...
these kids didn't commit murder, but they broke the law no and, if's, or buts about it.
Obviously we shouldn't punish them for trying to get a better life but we should send them home, so we can focus on OUR kids and OUR problems. If you think letting these kids stay here and become citizens is the right choice, I'm sure millions of South American parents would agree and start sending their kids over here as well...
edit on 3-7-2014 by Sinfulknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They are called 'anchor babies'. Ner-do-well parents either send their kids across or, while pregnant, walk to the center of the POE bridges as they are giving birth. The Border Patrol is then obligated to assist her, and boom...another US Citizen and it's out of work parent. Happens daily here in El Paso Texas.
As anyone who has lived in El Paso. Thomason is especially bad about assisting illegals. I sat in the emergency room one night and watched illegal family after illegal family come in an be see, AHEAD OF US, with no ID or proof of insurance even being asked for. I on the other hand had to show ID and proof of insurance, and had to wait till they were seen....
Out in Arizona, I took a friend to the emergency room with a heart attack. Family after family of illegals came in and out...also no ID or proof of insurance asked for. Months later, when my friend went back to pay for his stay above the insurance, we asked who was paying for all the illegals, the hospital cashier, reached out, took the check and said, "You just did". That happened in SIerra Vista, Arizona.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
There are 1000's of parents that sent their children to America. Think about that.

What do we do when that number would most surely hit millions or 10 of millions? It is obvious you do not have kids in school today, or you might not say this. So how do we absorb these kids? Are YOU going to take in and care for a dozen or so? What school do they go to when schools are already cutting teachers and class sizes are getting out of control?

Educating them and sending them back is a pipe dream, and these are not babies but kids that would have an extremely low chance for adoption. They would become dependent on the system that would make them not very good adults to say the least.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
As anyone who has lived in El Paso. Thomason is especially bad about assisting illegals. I sat in the emergency room one night and watched illegal family after illegal family come in an be see, AHEAD OF US, with no ID or proof of insurance even being asked for. I on the other hand had to show ID and proof of insurance, and had to wait till they were seen....

I sat in an emergency room in San Antonio for 6 hours waiting to get stitches in my kids chin, 1 hour of that was me filling out paperwork but the other 80% in the emer room didn't fill out anything, they couldn't speak English either and needed an interpreter for everything.

We all know the emer room goes on priority of the seriousness of the cases, but when they are over whelmed with cases due to illegals using them as a doctor visit for anything the system breaks down and that is what is in our future more than not. Education system beaks down, Medical system breaks down, social services breaks down and no one gets anything....

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Because....They are already here

How about put 5000 on each boat and send them back? My question is how do the get from the bottom of Mexico to us? Doesn't Mexico have any responsibility in this, or the country they are coming from?

You know it is called a border wall and if we had it up and running years ago we would not have the thread....

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I do have kids that go to School with these kids.

I live on the Border in San Diego.

I despise illegal immigration and all the crap that comes with it.

I have zero compassion for the Adults and want all of them returned home.

I do however have some compassion for abandoned babies put on top of a train.

I thought maybe we could save a few of these abandon babies.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I do have kids that go to School with these kids.
I live on the Border in San Diego.

Well then explain to me how the educational system can absorb these kids? You act like, oh we can just educate them... Do you mind if your kids were in a class room where 3/4 of the kids do not speak English and the radio is 50 to 1 teacher? These kids are tools being used by the people who made them. There are like 4 million homeless kids in Rio alone that parents just kick them on the streets, but it seems they do not stop making them....

I thought maybe we could save a few of these abandon babies.

Maybe, but its just our brains focusing on this so we put a level of empathy to it as well, just like when the news talks about a little girl stuck in a well, the whole country empathies, but then what do we think about the 10,000 of kids who die every day in Africa? There are 7 billion on this planet and 6 billion would love to come here.....

edit on 3-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't have the answers. I am not talking about trying to educate to world.

Illegal children are a huge problem here. I choose not to blame the kids.

I sure as hell blame the parents. If the only thing I am guilty of is compassion for kids.

I can live with that...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The parents are not all to blame, I'm sure if you lived in a third world you would want to send your kids here for a better life, but the reason we have better lives is because we have so far been able to sustain our way of living. If we set the example that all you have to do is make it across a fence and you get a free ride into this country how many more children are going to be put at risk on top of trains dealing with coyotes that take advantage of children, some make it here, some make it into the illegal black market of sex, i hope you got compassion for all those kids promised a way in and got thrown into slavery.

your thinking of the short term and not the long term
you let these people stay and the word will spread like a wild fire all over South America that the United States is taking everyone's children.

you wanna give these kids a better education to improve their lives, then go to their country and teach them!
help build the future of a country because that's what these kids are, the future of their country.

"The three-yearly OECD Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) report, which compares the knowledge and skills of 15-year-olds in 70 countries around the world, ranked the United States 14th out of 34 OECD countries for reading skills, 17th for science and a below-average 25th for mathematics."http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/07/us-falls-in-world-education-rankings_n_793185.html

our countries education problem has a direct link to illegal immigration

"The California State Department of Education estimates that 16 new classrooms will need to be built every day, seven days a week, for the next five years. That's effectively one new school per day! The number of teachers will need to be doubled within ten years, meaning that 300,000 new educators will need to be required.
Immigration will account for 96 percent of the increase in the school-age population over the next 50 years. If mass immigration continues, the education of all children in America will continue to be undermined. Education costs will continue to escalate and quality of education will continue to decline.
The total K-12 school expenditure for illegal immigrants costs the states $7.4 billion annually—enough to buy a computer for every junior high student nationwide. "http://www.cairco.org/issues/education-immigration

now please rationalize this for me...
because it seems to me that your say it is better to give these illegal immigrants an education at the expense of our own children... Rather then to fix our educational problems, our economical problems.

and again they broke the law
and once South Americans see that we didn't care about them breaking the law
there will be a bigger and bigger influx of illegal immigrants each and every year.
only causing more problems for our country, our educational system, our economy, and most definitely for OUR KIDS!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinfulknowledge

now please rationalize this for me... because it seems to me that your say it is better to give these illegal immigrants an education at the expense of our own children... Rather then to fix our educational problems, our economical problems.

I never said nor implied such a thing.

I see these children as something that can be wonderful.

I think families would take these kids in.

But, the process is impossible.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

okay explain how they can be "wonderful" because you seem to be ignoring the facts of the matter which is these kids will burden our educational system more then it already is and set an example to other families in South America to send their kids here which is even more of a problem

you realize there are hundreds of thousands of American kids that cant find homes again explain how more kids that cant find homes is "wonderful"

while your at it address the facts rather then state how wonderful they are and you "think" families would take these kids, support your statements.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I think families would take these kids in.

Most of these kids have parents and they are here in the US. Unlike, a citizen who would be arrested for child abandonment or child endangerment, these parents will be re-united with their children.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join