The Kids on the Border...I say let them In

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know I'm going to take some shots on this but here is how I feel.

There are 1000's of parents that sent their children to America. Think about that.

The pull of America is so strong you would send your kid with smugglers to get here.

I could not turn them away. I see this as a way to make a real difference.

A chance for these babies to have a future that does not involve a Drug Cartel.

America is certainly big enough to absorb these children. I would raise one.

This is my idea. Adopt these kids to good homes across America.

In return for educating these kids and giving these kids their Citizenship.

When they turn 20.

From that point on they must spend 1 out of 10 years in their Home Country.

We educate these kids with strategies that can change their Country of Birth.

The only way we are going to stop all of So. America from coming to the US.

Is to help them make the Country so good they do not want to leave.

It's just an idea...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I completely agree. Every human has the right to roam their Earth and live where they should wish on THEIR Earth.

Only, if they can contribute to not only causing no harm to another human being but fending for them selves and not feeding of another human being for the means to live, to not control or manipulate and/or steal.

We are all human, this is OUR planet.

Spiro

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'll take in 2 or 3
But be warned, I will raise them ultra conservative.
Teach them how to shoot and some survival skills.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's just an idea...

...and not a bad one.

In fact, it's a damned good one.

It's a chance for America to show it's character. Show that we aren't the monsters that all too many in this world believe that we are.

I'd raise one, too.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

But, do we not already have enough orphans in America?

Who pays to feed and insure these immigrants? If you are going to take on the older ones, there could also be a language barrier. I love all children, but we need to take care of our own first.

ETA - quick stats -

In 2012, 23,396 youth aged out of the U.S. foster care system without the emotional and financial support necessary to succeed. Nearly 40% had been homeless or couch surfed, nearly 60% of young men had been convicted of a crime, and only 48% were employed. 75% of women and 33% of men receive government benefits to meet basic needs. 50% of all youth who aged out were involved in substance use and 17% of the females were pregnant.
Source: AFCARS Report, No. 20, Jim Casey Youth
Nearly 25% of youth aging out did not have a high school diploma or GED, and a mere 6% had finished a two- or four-year degree after aging out of foster care. One study shows 70% of all youth in foster care have the desire to attend college.
Source: Midwest Evaluation of the Adult Functioning of Former Foster Youth
As of 2012, more than 58,000 children in the U.S. foster care system were placed in institutions or group homes, not in traditional foster homes. Source: AFCARS Report, No. 20

www.ccainstitute.org...

edit on 29-6-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
From a humanitarian stand-point yes I agree.

The repercussions are far reaching however. Labor is cheaper now than it has been in a long time and we have a constant flood of unskilled labor constantly heading across the border leaving those of us citizens who are unskilled with very little options. This is just one facet of a many sided issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

But, do we not already have enough orphans in America?

Who pays to feed and insure these immigrants? If you are going to take on the older ones, there could also be a language barrier. I love all children, but we need to take care of our own first.

You know you make some great points.

I don't have all the answers.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We can't afford it. Who is going to pay for it?

As much as I'd like to see the children taken in, we don't have the $$$ because it's being spent on IGNORANT things like Obama sending $500 million to Syrian rebels. And once the kids are here, the next thing you know 10 of their family members will be on the border demanding to come in the country to be with their American kid.

Send them back. Their own countries have to deal with it. We can't.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Much respect for this out look.
Seems everyone wants to ignore the state that they are living in over there and why they make the choice to do what they do.
They know it is against the law and might not work, but it is worth it to try and get their kids a better life.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
From a humanitarian stand-point yes I agree.

The repercussions are far reaching however. Labor is cheaper now than it has been in a long time and we have a constant flood of unskilled labor constantly heading across the border leaving those of us citizens who are unskilled with very little options. This is just one facet of a many sided issue.

It's very complicated.

I live on the Border and I can tell you for a fact.

They are coming anyway. It's getting worse not better.

link   
I agree in principle..

but it is totally un-workable because of the ideological divide in this nation, do you seem democrats allowing republicans in the deep south to adopt these kids?

Or republicans letting liberals adopt...

both sides would want to persuade these kids to their side..

Not to mention the train wreck that is our system for adoption, that thinks a kid staying in foster homes on the slim chance a family member will come adopt them rather than give them to a loving home..is the best plan.
edit on 29-6-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

link   
Would?

Have you actually tried?

Have you researched how to go about adopting one?

Have you offered your home to a family?

Contacted a crisis center with your contact information?

If not, it's kind of hollow to say "I would do it so everyone else should do it too".

The road to hell is paved with good intentions ..............

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'd raise one, too.

They aren't abandoned and up for adoption. If they were, they'd be snatched up quickly because there is a waiting list years and years long for adoption in this country. They are just showing up without family .. for now. Once the kids are here, the rest of the family will be showing up at the border demanding to be with their kid.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You're wrong on SO MANY levels I wont even waste time entertaining your unrealisiic and completely ludicrious opinion. Nations have borders for a reason. We have culture and language for a reaosn. If you want these children to come here ILLEGALLY then you are more than welcome to have them live with you in your home expending your own resources. America was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of people that came before us. Everyone acts like America just rose up out of nothing on its own. EVERY country and EVERY peoples in the world has the opportunity to have their own revolution and rise up and embrace constitutional republicanism.

We can't even educate and feed our own children and own people. And you want to start letting the third world send their poverty sticken children into our country? Maybe you should denounce your citizenship as an America and go move!!!!!!!

Sorry I have my own damn kids to raise and take care of I don't need to import that third world into my SOVEREIGN country. Unforutnately there are more and more Americans that think like you, and its scary. America will never survive an onslaught of third world immigrants coming from a completely different culture.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We can't afford it. Who is going to pay for it?

As much as I'd like to see the children taken in, we don't have the $$$ because it's being spent on IGNORANT things like Obama sending $500 million to Syrian rebels. And once the kids are here, the next thing you know 10 of their family members will be on the border demanding to come in the country to be with their American kid.

Send them back. Their own countries have to deal with it. We can't.

If we could adopt them to wealthier families and give tax credits.

Maybe, we could help some of these kids.

It's going to cost us either way.

I just don't feel very American leaving a bunch of children sitting on our Border.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's similar to what I've said:

1.) Use the legal abandonment laws in place in many states. Their parents abandoned them. They must not want them. How is this any different from a parent leaving a child at a firehouse or hospital or police station?

2.) Enact the old Orphan Trains and ship these kids off to those who will take them in and they become kids to these new families.

If the countries of origin raise Cain, ship the kids home. The only reason many of these kids are here now is because the families presume the children will:

1.) Get amnesty.

2.) Provide an citizen anchor to bring the rest of them in after the amnesty.

If it becomes clear that they were really just sending these kids off into the great unknown with no guarantees and no free ride into the country for the rest of the family, the flood will slow down to a trickle. These parents aren't really abandoning their kids; they're just trying to use them in the lowest way possible.

edit on 29-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh, there are any number of issues with making this a practical plan.

Money, for one.

Political will to make it happen, for another.

The money could be found, somehow, if the will is there.

Both these children, and the orphans already here in America...

Firstly, we need to want to make it happen. After that? Just a matter of sweat. IMHO.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Two cases of the H1N1 virus have been confirmed among immigrants caught in the Rio Grande Valley.
Vice President of the National Border Patrol Council #3307 Chris Cabrera confirmed the cases late Saturday morning. Cabera told Action 4 News that one case was confirmed at the Brownsville Border Patrol Station and another at the Fort Brown Border Patrol station, also located in Brownsville.
Cabera said both cases involve juveniles and both were confirmed on Friday by medical personnel located at both facilities.
He added that an estimated 120 people are being isolated at the two stations because they were exposed to the juveniles. Medical teams are stationed inside the detention centers to screen for lice, scabies and chicken pox but not everyone gets medical clearance. “If someone is released and they are symptomatic, it could spread rapidly” said Caberera. This week, Action 4 News was the first to tell you about a confirmed case of H1N1 at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.

RSOE

Obama seemed to be concerned security reasons and kids well being ( child trafficing etc ) but there are other reasons why its possibly not a good idea.
This was only about H1N1 virus but there might be more coming to US through the border.

13 facts about the crisis
Link

Its seems that US is not ready for them

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

You're wrong on SO MANY levels I wont even waste time entertaining your unrealisiic and completely ludicrious opinion. Nations have borders for a reason. We have culture and language for a reaosn. If you want these children to come here ILLEGALLY then you are more than welcome to have them live with you in your home expending your own resources. America was built by the blood, sweat, and tears of people that came before us. Everyone acts like America just rose up out of nothing on its own. EVERY country and EVERY peoples in the world has the opportunity to have their own revolution and rise up and embrace constitutional republicanism.

We can't even educate and feed our own children and own people. And you want to start letting the third world send their poverty sticken children into our country? Maybe you should denounce your citizenship as an America and go move!!!!!!!

Sorry I have my own damn kids to raise and take care of I don't need to import that third world into my SOVEREIGN country. Unforutnately there are more and more Americans that think like you, and its scary. America will never survive an onslaught of third world immigrants coming from a completely different culture.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Could I get the same courtesy ?

PS. America was built by immigrants.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If we could adopt them to wealthier families and give tax credits.
Maybe, we could help some of these kids.

They aren't up for adoption. They aren't orphans. They have families. Families that are a few months behind them. That's the whole point of the kids all coming first and unaccompanied .... they are skirting the laws here. Unaccompanied kids get to stay and then once the unaccompanied kid is a ward of the USA, then the mom and dad and aunts and uncles and cousins all will show up and claim the kid and claim to be able to stay here because the kid is the ward of the USA.

They can't be adopted ... they aren't orphans. That's the whole invasion plan. And yes .. it's a civilian invasion. Don't for a minute think that it isn't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join