It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar ice cap expanding. Global warming called off. ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I don't have anything with anyone but how the hell can you not see that the climate is changing? I mean i live in Romania, we used to have long calm winters with moderate snow, long moderate summers with spring and autumn between them, all fine and dandy, but in recent years (12 or more) winters become more dry and cold with freak storms and sudden temperature spikes or drops ( one day its 12 degrees C in december or january and in the next its -18 C ) its not normal at all. Summers have become a bit colder but sometimes we have temperature spikes to 38-40C and sometimes drops to 12C and not to mention freak thunder storms. Now its sunny and well and in 5-10 minutes its raining hail and winds that break trees. Maybe its not global warming but there is a global climate change and its getting bad every year or two.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Several things going on here.

I do not think anyone in this thread is advocating or fighting for hurting our Mother Earth. There is a problem with emissions and trash, but to think that we are having such an impact on a system that could care less whether we reside on it is laughable.

The Earth has been around for many, many, years and right now we just happen to be fortunate enough to live in a time period that has been relatively calm and conducive to our continued survival. That hasnt always been the case, and it will not remain a constant. We are in but a brief moment in this Earths history that has allowed us to be here, we can easily go the way of the dinosaurs and be stricken from this earth without notice at any time.

So foremost, the whole global warming thing is really a moot point, none of us are guaranteed to see tomorrow and our species isnt guaranteed a tomorrow either, we should live in the moment a tad bit more, even planning out the next 20 years of our lives is too much, and we should be focused on living and loving one another today and tomorrow.

Now I want you all to clear your mind for a moment, no AGW or 'denier' nonsense for the next couple of moments while I try to convey my thinking on the subject.

We are here on Earth, we can feel the Sun's rays from where we stand and therefore we know that good old Sol has an impact on our environment, a mighty large one at that.

We are here on Earth, we see and feel the impact of the moon on our planet on a daily basis. Just the simple movement and proximity of the moon effects our tides and water flow. Again a HUGE impact is imparted by an outside force that we have no control over.

We are here on Earth, we can see how our orbit effects the various days and seasons of our lives. Tilted too much one way and we have longer seasons. Tilted the other way, shorter seasons. This tilt can be responsible for many variations in our weather/climate pattern, but not enough study has been devoted to this particular area of study, and the cycle for repetition is so long that we havent even been recording human history for the duration of a single revolution of the cycle.

We are here on Earth. Earth, the 3rd planet from the Sun in a Solar System of 8 planets. All of which play a factor in our local environment both in space and physically down here on the surface of the Earth. On this Earth, everything is moving, in this solar system, everything is moving, in this galaxy, everything is moving, in this universe, everything is moving

We are here on Earth, as it spins on its own axis, as it revolves and dances around our Sun, which in turn is moving and dancing around our Galaxy, the Milky Way.

The Milky Way is but one Galaxy in an unfathomable amount of space that also contains other galaxies. We very easily could be seeing effects from something as simple as two galaxies intermingling with one another and ever so slightly effecting what we see on a day to day basis. If something as simple as the wobble of the Earth can throw our seasons and temperatures around on a cyclical scale, then it would be worth considering that our movement as a galaxy could very well be effecting us. (Does our galaxy 'wobble') If how close the Sun is to our planet plays an effect directly on our Earth, then so surely does our proximity to other celestial bodies play a role. If we are coming at our nearest a galaxy or black hole, but still far enough away to not be harmed, shouldnt we expect a fluctuation here on Earth? Everything else out there is playing a part, and when you have millions of tiny pieces playing a role in whether or not we remain on this planet, well it make arguing with one another over who caused it to be sort of trivial. Especially when we dont know the extent of what ANY of the factors I mentioned could do to our climate/atmosphere/weather/etc.

Im not saying do nothing, there are very real pollution problems that ARE hurting this earth, but to sit here and point fingers at something we know nothing about, and even playing with the idea of imposing a rule on someone else over it is quite preposterous.

Also, my theory is pretty much pulling rank on all of you. There is no one who can refute my data, simply because this angle hasnt been studied. The reason why, is it is inevitable that an outside force interrupts our way of life. The other reason is that there is no money to be made off of selling Global Warming that is happening beyond anything that we could theoretically control. They cant tax a galaxy that is increasing our temperature, they have to pin it on us in order to get our guilt money for it.

Also, it is the height of human arrogance to think we are more important than any one link I mentioned above. The overall cosmic picture could easily be at play, and here we are arguing over what nominal impact we may or may not have had on 'global warming'.

And lastly as a check mate, im just gonna go ahead and throw dark matter into the equation, for good measure. We very easily could be or have been moving through a patch of dark matter. We cant see it, we cant measure it, we cant harness it, and we know nothing about it other than its out there and exists in large quantities. We have no clue about the effect on galaxies, solar systems, universes, or planets. We have know way of knowing where dense patches are, how it is distributed, or how it may disrupt certain things. Could it slow the spin of a galaxy? A planet? Could we pass through a dense cloud and experience overall cooling, again on any scale because we know nothing about it? Could it be between our Earth and Sun and acting like a magnifier heating up our atmosphere? Aside from the endless possibilities that can be looked at from the standpoint of dark matter and its effects on celestial bodies, what about the fact that the discovery of dark matter is relatively new and hasnt even been thoroughly studied? Could we still find a particle or molecule or piece of matter that we know nothing about, but very easily could effect our day to day lives? Those are the questions and things that I think about when 'man' arrogantly thinks he is causing the problem and worried about saving a system that cares not for us, and will survive long after the human race has left this plant. Thats the real truth of the matter, and all of you fighting over who is the problem have once again fallen for the trap of division. We should be united in trying to ensure we can survive even past an extinction level event, not worried over who is causing a tiny issue in the grand scheme of the cosmos.

Which opens the door to the other part of this. Lets work on colonizing other planets and celestial bodies. That way if something happens to Earth, some of us will survive.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexIR

I think the weather fluxuates and that's what we're seeing. I think it's always been this way. The winters here where I live have been mild until three years ago or so. It seems to be going right back to the way it was back in the 70's and 80's. I don't think there's any way to predict the fluxuation because it can be erratic, but to mother nature it's controlled chaos or method to madness.

I will say that if these problems are man made, the only thing big enough to have done it is nuclear weapons tests. Maybe it knocked the jet stream off for a while, but it will always return because of the earths gravity and all that. It's just my opinion and it means nothing.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timing
a reply to: Greven

It doesn't make sense. You can say it's a complex system and write the possibility of a natural change.

I can go grab the ICPP report and show where every year from 2007 and up has been "the hottest on record".

If it was hot enough two years ago to melt the sea ice and create a "hottest on record" headline, what happened last year that caused the sea ice to form and still be called "hottest on record"?

It can't be the "hottest year on record", but the sea ice is forming, whereas the year before it was "the hottest on record" and the sea ice melted.

I think you need to learn more about sea ice before continuing this line of thought. Sea ice varies seasonally. Illustrated visually:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Dinosaur farts caused jurassic global warming...the population India is off the charts...Indian food gives you gas...

Do I have to spell it out for you?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join