It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polar ice cap expanding. Global warming called off. ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It seems that the ice caps in Antarctica are expanding.
Could this mean that we are entering another ice age?
Should we create a tax to impose on all to combat the incoming coldness?
Maybe we should all do our part and increase your carbon footprint.
We need to raise global temps stat!
Link

The sea ice surrounding Antarctica, which, as I reported in my book, has been steadily increasing throughout the period of satellite measurement that began in 1979, has hit a new all-time record high for areal coverage.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Chuckle, either that or get the nuclear powered ice breaker fleet down their to start chewing up the flows…

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well, it is about time that the earth started correcting itself. I thought we might have screwed it up. Now, the weather is going to get more violent and messed up but at least we aren't going to get over a hundred degrees here very often. We had the coldest winter I remember around here last winter. I hope that doesn't happen next year.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

More sea ice is due to melt and calving into the sea. Growing sea ice is evidence of warming or volcanic activity under the ice, not cooling.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

These global warming people don't want to hear that.

This thread will probably be ignored because any evidence that shows the opposite of warming goes against the religion.

Media has absolutely hammered warming into peoples mind. Anything thing else is blasphemy.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Andy Watts is a climate denier. Of course he's going to spin that...

The Video Andy Watts Tried to Ban

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

More sea ice is due to melt and calving into the sea. Growing sea ice is evidence of warming or volcanic activity under the ice, not cooling.

The new data also add context to sensationalist media stories about declining ice in small portions of Antarctica, such as portions of West Antarctica and the Antarctic Peninsula (see here, for example). The mainstream media frequently publish stories focusing on ice loss in these two areas, yet the media stories rarely if ever mention that ice is accumulating over the larger area of East Antarctica and that the continent as a whole is gaining snow and ice mass.

www.forbes.com...

It is an article from 2012 but it has been updated. More ice on land and in the sea.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am of the understanding that one aspect of Global Warming is that it will be warmer in some places and cooler in others. The fact that the Polar Ice caps may be growing doesn't negate the changing climate, whether its man made or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

How can you say that?

The warming crowd has been using polar ice data to "prove" warming from the beginning.

This is the reason for the alarm.

Now evidence is showing otherwise and the warming crowd wants to spin it a totally different way, or totally ignore the evidence.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: lostbook

How can you say that?

The warming crowd has been using polar ice data to "prove" warming from the beginning.

This is the reason for the alarm.

Now evidence is showing otherwise and the warming crowd wants to spin it a totally different way, or totally ignore the evidence.

I would advise you research the issue.

You should start by learning what the difference between sea ice and land ice is, and why this difference is significant.

I can't believe people sometimes..

Additionally, here is an actual time-lapse of polar ice melt over 27 years. Let me guess, you have some simple reasoning for why the physical, observable data is a hoax, right?

edit on 29-6-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I would avise you to research the topic.

The is evidence for more ice on the land and sea, hence the article I linked along with the op's.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

The is evidence for more ice on the land and sea, hence the article I linked along with the op's.

Again, I would advise you actually research the issue - and research the credibility of the people making these claims.

Watts, a weatherman, which no scientific background says ice is increasing.. So it must be true, right? This single weatherman is more knowledgeable than the thousands of climate scientists researching the issue..

rationalwiki.org...

Again, I really don't understand people. Turn off your Glenn Beck and Fox news, or at least supplement it with some actual independent research of your own.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Does not change the fact that the increase in sea ice is from ice falling or floating off the mainland.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

No. Scientists have been using ARCTIC ice data along with global temperatures as empirical evidence that warming is happening.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
They could re-dispatch Turney's ship of fools :>) a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

You know, half the damned world could be covered in ice, and they'd still shout the gw BS! but then thats what they're paid to do.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sure would be interesting to see if the arctic was facing the Sun more directly than the antarctic. I wonder if that because of Earth's wobble and it's procession that the North Pole is just receiving more sunlight.

Not sure where I could go to find out our exact position in space in relation to our axial tilt. Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

They don't like science ....SSH

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just imagine that the earth were a living breathing thing, and the polar caps are the lungs.
Now if someone take a picture of your lungs just after you exhale, they would imagine you oxygen capacity had been diminished from when they were full.
Btw, the earth is a living breathing organism.
But just for kicks let's not try to kill her, but let's not cry that the sky is falling either.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
beezzer theory of climate-doom

What's going to happen is that ultimately, the government(s) are going to get their way and raise taxes for global-climate-fear.

Nothing "climate" is going to happen afterwards, thus the governments can say that due to raising taxes, the earth was saved.

This will allow them to raise taxes at a later date to save the planet once again.

Some people will buy it.
Some people won't.

Regardless, the earth will keep spinning and will quietly laugh at us little specks sitting on it's skin.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join