It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Your Going To Drive A Car As Big As A Tank...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
At least take the time to learn how to bay park properly.
It's a real dick move when you park so stupidly you take up two spaces.

I get it, you have money, you drive a flashy car with all the mod con's - heated seat's covered in leather, built in sat-nav, central locking, sweet sound system and even a fancy little cup holder - Its great. But at no point did you ever purchase the right to park like you're retarded.

Ive never been so tempted to park behind someone's tank while i "nipped" into the shop because they were taking the only other space available in that small lot.

IF YOU CANT PARK IT PROPERLY DONT DRIVE IT.

Douche.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

But at no point did you ever purchase the right to park like you're retarded.

I know, I hate "bad parkers" too. Seems to be more prevalent today than ever, not just big cars. In my opinion if they can't park they shouldn't be driving.

Accident statistics looking for some place to happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I've done the park behind them job, it's funny to get back to your car and have the angry bad parker asking why you blocked them in then get to see the look on their face when you say "You shouldn't have taken up the last two parking spots, have a good one" then drive off

edit on 6/29/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've been driving big vehicles most of my life. I try to park in places where it doesn't cause problems. I can parallel park easily. I try to make sure to account for others parking problems when I park and will park farther from the store many times to account for space. They should make all parking spaces capable of accommodating all cars, this would give small cars more room to park also without dinging others doors. But it is all about crowding a bunch of cars in a small area and allowing for more parking spaces for a business. The government sets required parking space standards, making the business need parking they will never need to use. So they shrink all the widths on the spots....stupid if you ask me.

Now, you make it easy to park and people will come more to your store. If they are riding by and see open spots, they will be drawn in to fill them. I do that all the time. I avoid many stores because of small spaces, not because I can't park, because other people can't park or bang their doors into your car.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Excellent rant! I agree with every single one of your points. I honestly could never drive a big vehicle the reason being I would never have the patience to find a parking spot. I cannot even imagine navigating certain lots within a big vehicle it seems it'd be impossible.

Anyways, good on you for being the bigger person and not parking behind them!

I did that bit my first day at a new University. This girl was parked way crooked in her SVU and I just squeezed right in next to her when I came back 7 hours later she was by her car, blocked in, and she was swearing at me and saying she had been there for 2+ hours already LMAO.

Needless to say I avoided confrontation with a woman and hastily retreated in my vehicle.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Always said I was going to get some of these cards, sounds like you needed one too!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have a motorbike parking isn't the problem for me
most of the time

There was one problem few months back where someone parked like a goof and I couldn't get my bike out .. Funny how he heard me yell a few profanities and came running out of the store ready for a fight lol because I called him a a hole . Jumped his car pretty fast when I threw my helmet off and noticd all the steel I have on my riding gloves.

Like I say on can learn alot about someone from how they drive .. I see alot of selfish people who are wrapped up in their little bubbles with blinders on

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This article feeds the trolls.
People park this way to get a response maybe?
Is it really illegal?
Do you know anyone who got a ticket for improperly parking, in a parking lot other than a handicap violation?
If the offense is illegal, I'd imagine the people usually get out of the store before the swat team can don their fear gear and arrive for the concerted beating.
Why worry about some jerk that simply lacks the mechanics to color within the lines, maybe they are really "special".
Move down a few spaces and be thankful for the extra exercise and that you are not like them!
Wow, I think I wrote an unrant!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm the sort of person you love to hate ! I drive a SMALL Toyota Yaris ( UK. ) and even with thirty years driving experience, I am the worst parker of cars you are ever likely to meet... Absolutely useless ! ...And slow...? You ain't seen slow unless you are stuck behind me....got a spotlessly clean licence, and no accidents, though.

Give me a motorcycle any day, especially my 2005 ZX10R ninja ( Gone, but not forgotten ! ) ..I was a different person when riding this machine, it brought out my worst side when riding it....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You know, you are right. Some of this is just attitude and laziness, and even people with fancy cars who take up two spaces because they don't want anyone parking next to their perfect car. But also, we are victims of social engineering, of political correctness, and instead of blaming the pointy-haired bureaucrats who cause the problem, you're blaming the victim, which is exactly what THEY want. Congratulations. They are smiling at your conformity. They win. You see this all the time on ATS. TPTB divide the populace and set them against each other, and you fall for it every time.

I usually drive a medium-sized sedan. It will fit in any parking space made, including "Compact" designated spaces. But I also have a pick-up. It's a standard size 3/4 ton that has an "expanded cab" but it is not a "crew cab" which adds significant length. They've been making this size of "light-duty pickup" for over half a century and there are quite literally tens of millions of them on the road. Why do I have it? It hauls stuff. It even hauls stuff for "friends" (acquaintances who know I have a truck) who otherwise rant about trucks, but happen to need a couch moved.) It's great for moving plants from the nursery, lumber from the lumber yard, sacks of everything from cement to bark. You name it.; it will haul it or tow it. Given what I normally do, I find it indispensable. Given the number of calls for help I get, so, apparently, do you.

But the city planners these days have put the screws to businesses in a number of ways, making them "conform" to local "building codes.' Normally, codes work in favor of safety and I approve. But sometimes they are used for social engineering, as in the size of parking spaces and parking lots. Now angled parking isn't usually a problem, even if a bit narrow, I can squeeze in. Good luck getting in your own car if you are next to me, but I'm between the white lines. It's my space and you have yours with a lot more room around your vehicle. If I can possibly do it, I won't park next to you anyway. If I must, deal with it. I didn't design the lot.

There's one "business park" which I frequent because that's where one of my suppliers is. The parking lanes themselves are very narrow. Likewise the parking spaces. Some city planner demanded that the businesses have X parking spaces for customers and that they be X" wide. This configuration is so tight that I can't just turn into an available slot. The truck's turning radius is too large. Also, the slot is so narrow that when the truck is parked correctly in one of them, the tires touch the white lines on both sides, never mind the rear-view mirrors which encroach on the spaces on either side.

It takes a good long time to get into one of those spaces, back-filling forward and back, ensuring the back end doesn't hit another car. Last time I did this it took me a good solid ten minutes to get OUT of a space because other drivers, oblivious, hemmed me in so tightly. No, I really didn't want to hit the BMW parked beside me so close I could touch it from the driver's seat.

So I've become one of those people you hate. If I need two spaces, I take them. When I go to my afore-mentioned supplier, the curve to get into his allocated spaces is such that I just swing it as tight as I can, take two spaces, and position myself so that backing out is a breeze with no chance of hitting another vehicle. I'm in and out in a few minutes instead of half an hour spent making sure I don't inconvenience some ding-bat who feels entitled to any space she wants.

In other words, SCREW IT! If the traffic engineers can't see fit to make the spaces big enough to handle a standard-sized pick-up, which is a LOT smaller than a "tank" and happens to be the best-selling vehicle in the country, then go ahead and just TRY to give me a citation. Speaking before the City Council and the Judge ought to be a lot of fun. And if you've got this attitude, don't you dare ask me to move your damn couch! Put it on wheels and tow it behind your Prius.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

In other words, SCREW IT! If the traffic engineers can't see fit to make the spaces big enough to handle a standard-sized pick-up, which is a LOT smaller than a "tank" and happens to be the best-selling vehicle in the country, then go ahead and just TRY to give me a citation. Speaking before the City Council and the Judge ought to be a lot of fun. And if you've got this attitude, don't you dare ask me to move your damn couch! Put it on wheels and tow it behind your Prius.

That is the nub of it, and it's the same here, the bays are far too small, and always have been. The disabled bays are perfect..BECAUSE YOU CAN OPEN THE FECKING DOORS PROPERLY! any less is inadequate. I always try park my car where there is plenty of spaces far away from a supermarket main entrance not because it is big, which it is, but for peace of mind from morons. Mostly that works, but not necessarily, you'll always get some Herbert who'll park his/her passenger side right up to your driver's door, even should there be a dozens of spaces free.
edit on 29-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

My colleague recently changed vehicles, from a Ford Ka, to a Vauxhall Vivaro van. It is longer, wider, and taller than his old vehicle, and has no rear view mirror, just wing mirrors. Despite the difference in handling, rear visibility and turning circle, he can parallel park that thing in a space with inches to spare, and in bay parking, he can slot it perfectly into most car park spaces.

That said, I am only just learning to drive at present, and therefore I am not yet any good what so ever at parking. We have not even covered parking manoeuvres, my instructor and I. That will come in time no doubt, but I will not be satisfied until I can roll a car into a space and park it with the front drivers side wheel on a five penny piece.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I leave a note usually. Simple and effective.
"Dear inconsiderate driver,
If I drove as bad as you park, I would have hit your car."

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more! Its really annoying when someone is doing that when you have to get small children out the back aswell! they seem to love to park like that, or what about at an intersection with a give way sign your waiting for cars too pass so you can go and they pull up next to you in their tank but go too forward blocking the whole view you had of the cars coming.. I hate that too. Lol. I own a Sedan and a tank like 4x4 though i know exactly how handy they are too have but yeah i swear a small majority of people that drive them think they're in a mini or something, i know its not easy to park certain ones but if thats the case park far away where it wont bother people.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Bloody well said. I am sick to death of people who point the finger at drivers and seem to be just incapable of seeing that the bloody spaces are just way too small.

Go find the culprits at City Hall and give them a piece of your mind ..... oh ..... yea ...... that is way too much trouble! Easier to blame the big car cause you don't have to think too hard. Use your brain people. Stop acting like sheeple, get off your backside and do something reasonable.

P

top topics

join