It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This pops up everytime I open ATS "How concerned are you about "global warming"?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Don´t tell me I need to lower my privacy settings in order get rid of it.
It is a conspiracy site after all, and I don't want to spread personal stuff around to much.

It pops up in my face every time I open ATS.. even if I answer it, or close it by pressing x.. as I done 100 of times
edit on 29-6-2014 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think we should all consider that being a part of this site (and any other social media) is an agreement to be a part of many large scale social experiments. it is possible to track news stories and see who is reading what, and get a feel for a likely public response. In our seemingly anonymous responses to recent news stories, there is a lot of data to be mined. It makes a great deal of sense to study the human condition in this way and surely not all of this is being done for nefarious reasons. It is more than hinted at in the terms and conditions that we all have to "agree" with to participate.

i have seen that window pop up before but i am not keen on taking online surveys. these are all exercises in data mining for many different reasons.

a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For a while I had trouble with "Ford win a trip to Tahoe" ads? I put in a word to staff and that seemed to do the trick. When you click on "contact us" that starts a thread that admin sees directly. They are there to help you with Matrix style glitches…

either that or the sentinels have changed something and 'yer dun fer'.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Not me. Ive not seen any such things. Its your "other" settings...on whatever device(s) youre using. Not all of us are having issues like yours. I never have, so I cant relate.

*I use 4 different devices, 1-portable wifi, phone, PC at home, PC at work. Have no ATS issues.

Its you...not ATS

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
IDK. People keep saying that they are getting popups but I NEVER get them. Nothing special running on my machine.

link   
choosing to interact with any kind of a web add or popup is like taking the blue pill .You know it wont stop ,and they will use what ever you say against you . Go do a flush and defrag and ignore it or at least learn how to .They are like the web trolls trying to bait you in . a reply to: Spacespider

link   
When I sign on to ATS...I keep getting those damned JEEP pop-ups at the top of the page...over and over. (they even are color and typed to match the ATS format).
Sometimes I have to click 'close' 4 or 5 times to get rid of them.

Honestly, they give me a negative feeling about ATS. Make 'em stop please.
edit on 29-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Me too! All the other survey questions have disappeared after I answer them, but this one won't give up. It even plagues me when I visit ATS from another computer I frequent. What gives?!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree, the global warming survey pops up every time I come to ATS and has done for a very long time now

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Clean it up. It's malware. I had that problem for quite a while. It's a redirect. Warning cleaning this up is a hassle! Watch the address line at the top of screen and be prepared to stop it before the redirect completes. Then look up the redirect address online. You can get some advise on how to remove it. Malwarebytes is a good place to start. Lots of steps and clean up your PC before doing a new backup. This beast can be renewed from your back up.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have ad block on my macbook pro. I don't get that junk. Get what ya pay for I guess!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yep, I get that one also, very irritating plus the constant google ad pop ups for Dragon
recently it was the Jeep ad that automatically opens every time I open ATS..
I seriously hate advertising.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
IDK. People keep saying that they are getting popups but I NEVER get them. Nothing special running on my machine.

I thought the way ATS worked is that the people who contribute more to the site get less advertising? If that's true the numbers in your mini-profile would make you one of the highest contributors so you'd get the lowest amount of advertising. I'm not sure about exactly how it works anymore though, the site has been through numerous revisions.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join