It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi Aftermath of The Republican Un-Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Link

A little background about the Tea Party. Not defined by Fox, MSNBC.

(Jen Kuznicki is a conservative writer.)

The tea party is a grassroots effort by a wide cross-section of the American people. Veterans, senior-citizens, people who have lost their jobs due to the heavily-regulated governmental system that has sprung from the massive expansion of government under both the Bush and Obama Presidencies, Moms and Dads, Constitutionalists, both Federalists and Anti-Federalists, patriotic Americans, and many other every day Americans, educated in the proper definition of American thought, human nature and common sense, have stood up to defend and restore our great American system of government. A government meant to be limited in its reach.

This is how I see the Tea Party. Not the bigoted, hateful, racists as portrayed by liberals and . . . . yes, republicans.

The contrast between conservative, limited government and big government progressive Rockefeller Republicans is getting more stark each day. Since the 2010 election, the power-hungry leadership of the Republican Party has taken many actions to diminish the influence of the so-called tea party. Each action intended to take power away from the grassroots in order to silence the input of the citizens who gave them power in the first place.

Thad Cochran, an establishment republican, has made such a mistake in belittling the Tea Party.

Since the vote on Tuesday, establishment voices have praised the tactics of the Cochran campaign, citing the cross-over vote as the epitome of the democratic process they profess to promote as they describe themselves as “Conservative Republicans.” In doing so, they have opened a wound within the ranks of patriotic Americans, that forces all of us to examine what it means to be a Republican.

The poisonous race-baiting used by the Cochran campaign, using newspapers, robocalls and flyers to tell black communities that “tea party candidate” Chris McDaniel will take away their food stamps, and promoting the vicious lie that the tea party is racist impels me to clarify just who we are talking about when we identify ourselves in this Republican Party un-civil war.

For those who don't wish to read the quotes or read the link, I'll summarize.

The establishment republicans along with establishment democrats (progressives all) are using anything and everything to limit grass root movements to limit government.

The establishment republicans would rather see them lose control of the Senate than gain control of the Senate, but lose control of their party movement. And the establishment republican movement is the same as the establishment democrat movement.

Larger government, fewer freedoms, poorer choices for the general population.

Now you can blast the Tea Party and keep your authoritarian-style government. It is always your choice.

But this goes along with the central thinking that there really is no difference between establishment R's and establishment D's.

As always, read, reply, ignore, or sell kitty litter on the black market.

It's always up to you.

beez

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The "Tea Party" scared the hell out of the Establishment.

They can't have regular Americans standing up for the Nation.

So, they promptly used the IRS and any other Government agency.

To attack and eliminate a "Grass Roots" organization.

Between the MSM and the full weight of the US Government.

They crushed the movement.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What I see being done to the Tea Party by both Right and Left is pretty much the same thing I saw happen to the Occupy Movement.

The Occupy movement pretty much started out as a protest against the Federal Reserve Bank. Then the Left took over with the likes of Michael Moore and the MSM portrayed a bunch of crazies chanting ridiculous things such as "We should be allowed to have sex with animals!"! YES! This was one of the groups I saw FOX news focus on to portray the whole movement as a bunch of nuts!

So look back in time at what happened to Occupy and compare it to the Tea Party. Same tactics being used by the establishment to infiltrate and discredit them, so that they retain their power and control......

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It makes me wonder how many people actually are or the Tea Party or agree with the ideals that they espouse.

I honestly think that there is a sleeping giant.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Occupy. Lord, I had some issues with them!

I wish we (Tea Party and Occupy) could have gotten together.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The issue I have with our federal government, is why this plutocratic oligarchy somehow feels justified in imposing its authoritarian will on people?

Our government is obsessed with gutting the free will of its people.

For example, military conscription; the last time American kids were required by a "selective service system" to fight and die, was during the Vietnam war.

Here's some partial data on the kids who were chosen to be sacrificed during that conflict. I suggest, one take a moment to carefully contemplate this data and possibly discern inequalities.

source: www.militaryfactory.com...

edit on 29-6-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul
The issue I have with our federal government, is why this plutocratic oligarchy somehow feels justified in imposing its authoritarian will on people?

Aren't ALL government like that to one degree or another?

Government is a necessary evil, in my humble opinion.

Government should be something we tolerate, not something that is idolized.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: whyamIhere

It makes me wonder how many people actually are or the Tea Party or agree with the ideals that they espouse.

I honestly think that there is a sleeping giant.

The attacks on the Tea Party were bizarre.

I admit it was a lot of white people. That seemed to instantly label them Racist.

Now, I admit a bunch of white people gathering in a mob has a bad history.

Their message was not even Social. It was Fiscal. I agreed with their original intent.

It had legs. It is still there bigger than ever waiting for a leader.

It has to emerge under a different name. Hopefully something will change because...

It's now un patriotic to be patriotic.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: seasoul

Aren't ALL government like that to one degree or another?

Government is a necessary evil, in my humble opinion.

Government should be something we tolerate, not something that is idolized.

I agree, throughout history we've never seen a government that's been benevolent. Those among us who try to take it upon ourselves to justly govern our fellow man, have for the most part failed miserably.

I follow a few primary universal laws, trying my best to avoid man's toxic artificial laws.

source: www.radioastrology.com...

edit on 29-6-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Tea Party being a grass attracted all those people on the fringe. With no real control, leadership or organization the goals of the Tea Party became whatever the person speaking at the monent was. It was anti Obama so the GOP embrassed it at first but, quickly began see that it's ranks had been filled by, how should I say, people who the general public are not comfortable with. Everytime a racist, sexist, or a lunatic stepped in front of a microphone they became the face of the Tea Party. In local elections it was even worse. The Tea Party candidates were in many literaly insane. Most of the normal people in the Tea Pary got the hell out and then nutters took complete control. Now what role the GOP played in making the Tea Party look crazy I do not know. Palin, Cruz, Bachmann darlings of the Tea Party now fully stepped up and started saying nutty thing and offensives things everytime they saw a microphone. Are they really nutters? Are they just playing up being nutters for attention? Or did somebody in the GOP say go play at being nutters to final nail in the coffin of this group.

The DNC ast first feared the Tea Party because it brought out a group of people that the GOP never could. Then once they realized that these people were offensive to the most of the population they began to love them and support them in primaries where the were allowed because they would the be easier to beat by the DNC. Now the DNC loves the Tea Party and loves to paint the entire GOP with Tea Party brush. The GOP wants them gone but, still needs them at some local levels. Of course the GOP also knows that Tea Party at the national level is death for any chance at the White House. It is an interesting puzzle for the GOP to solve.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I thought about this...

The "Tea Party" failed for one very important reason.

They had no leader.

new topics

top topics

join