It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does FoxNews Make You Ignorant and Bigoted?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Saudi Arabia is one of the single LEAST tolerant nations in the world today. That's a place where simply carrying a Bible into the international airport as an arriving passenger can create issues and cutting people hands off for thievery isn't barbaric. It's an event in the town square for the local folk to watch when it comes up to do.

They went as far as actually putting out an international call for a doctor willing to surgically paralyze a man, by design, in an eye for an eye concept after a big injury in a fight. nice folks..and about as moderate as Genghis Khan.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
We probably agree that CNN is the 'least worst'.
Still can't blindly trust them ... but are 'least worst'.

At the risk of sounding like Dale Gribble, that's what they want you to think. CNN is THE worst.

The three main MSM outlets are all part of the propoganda wing of the military industrial complex. Fox and MSNBC spout the more extreme views of the left and right, peppered with distortions and outright lies. Some people may take them seriously, but their primary function is to make CNN look unbiased by comparison.

CNN is where the real "programming" takes place.

"You're a reasonable person. That's why you're watching us instead of those extremist news outlets. Now, as a reasonable person, here is what you should think ..."

Instead of focusing on the differences between Fox, CNN, and MSNBC, look at some of the issues they all seem to agree on.

All three support any war against any country Israel doesn't like. All three avoid reporting any human rights violations committed by Israel.

All three avoid any negative press when it comes to Monsanto, insurance companies, or pharmecuetical companies. (Hint: watch their commercials. Who pays for these?)

All three will express disdain for "conspiracy theorists." Derogatory names like "birther", "denier", "teabagger", etc. flow freely. They never report on things like the Builderbergers, the Council on Foreign Relations, or Bohemian Grove.

All three will tell you that this country can't survive without an international banking cartel controlling our currency, or a rigged stock market.

All three will give you months of coverage about the latest shooting in a gun free zone, but very little coverage on the near weekly murders committed by law enforcement.

All three will vilify whislteblowers that expose criminal acts committed by the government.

All three have been caught lying, but as a great detective said, you can learn more from a lie than the truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I might be the only who thinks like this, but the left is getting away with raping the usa while the cons and there own media just shoot themselves in the foot daily, how many bozos from the right come out with bigot comments or just behing plain dumb. While the obumers are laughing it up in the white house.

Insanity at its best, oh and fox news is an entertainment channel, not news, so sorry but id rather watch a comedian like george carlin telling me whats going on in this world.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

lol hahaha... That is an excellent example of why I ditched cable for almost 2 years now. That video alone deserves a thread.

Why do people watch stations where the reporters are far less nteligent than themselves? It is hard to believe that the majority of Americans are that clueless. Although I am entertaining the idea now.

The guy said "on the second page it clearly says I am Muslim" in responce to her claim that he isn't up front about his faith. He should have said "please turn to page 2 is that not up front enough".

I tell you all my life feels a lot less stressful since I ditched cable because even though I didn't realy watch much news I still found myself pausing on the 24hr channels inadvertantly at times. From what I remember they always try to keep you on edge. I don't miss their missinformation at all.

I do have a Roku and I download shows that want to watch then plug a flashdrive into the TV to watch. No comercials no crap tv no mainstream media. You guys should try it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Watching or reading Fox News is no more likely to MAKE a person dumb, than is watching paint dry. But watching or reading Fox News content without FIRST being intelligent enough to smell a fat, steaming, ugly turd when there is a cow pat to smell, WILL make you dumb as a crate of bricks.

All media that enters a mind which is adequately prepared to encounter it, is filtered through ones own internal reasoning and logic circuits. It is simply not he case that all data which enters a mind, becomes a part of its core programming. That would be insane. If it were the case, then I would be about eighty different people per second, depending on how data rich my day is!

But there are folk out there who literally lack the psychological capacity for deep thinking of a sort that can prevent one from becoming a news drone, of the sort which this topic deals with.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Very well said. I agree.

unfortunately, it seems that some people are unwilling to recognize that turd because it happens to jive with their political ideology.

That's sad indeed.
edit on 6/30/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What do you mean does Fox news make you this way? You are already this way if you watch this and are conservative.

Conservatives..tired of being called ignorant and racist...then, I don't know, stop.

Conservatives want others to stop telling them what to do or say but have no problem doing it.

Conservatives are a step backward for the country, hate women with a voice/power, hate gays and want to stop grown adults from loving one another(cuz the sex is icky..:lol
, hate that colors got a voice/power now and are threatened by this and Conservatives continue to say they love this country and rights yet do nothing to make it better or try to help one another.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
No matter what major news network you watch, if it already enforces your own perceived ideology, you aren't going to get anything out of it.

That's why I watch fox news, that way when i get on ats i can spot the parrots. those who take everything fix days to heart.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Probably. But MSNBC is worse.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
lol i never seen a bias network as such as Fox. I mean MSNBC enforces liberal ideals, but FOX is a republican party platform extention.

A Tabloid fear mongering newstation is all.

A title you would see on Fox.

"Is your muslim neighbour a terrorist?!" here is a check list."

edit on 7/3/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
lol i never seen a bias network as such as Fox. I mean MSNBC enforces liberal ideals, but FOX is a republican party platform extention.

LOL

Only a liberal could make a distinction like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: darkbake
Well maybe the Democrats should recruit the same Black Panther thugs that were intimidating voters at the polls to straighten out Republican lawmakers.

I think we decided that Fox News is biased towards conservatives and MSNBC biased towards liberals and neither one is non-partisan. I do vaguely remember hearing about the black panthers intimidating voters.
edit on 06pmSun, 06 Jul 2014 17:28:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join