It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does FoxNews Make You Ignorant and Bigoted?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Mostly Fox on TV, as I can't abide CNN, or MSNBC, in the slightest.

But, yeah, I generally get my news from as many sources as I can.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: sheepslayer247
Wow

SS, talking about bigotry, don't you enjoy posting anti christian post?

Absolutely not. I have a lot of respect for those that have a deep faith....of any religion. But I am very vocal about what I consider to be the injection of extreme fundamentalism in to government policy and politics. Religion should not play a role in government when it is supposed to represent all it's people, who are of many different beliefs.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Using it as a source is ignorant? How so? Notice I said "a" source. As in one of several.

When looking for information on world events, it's wise to use as many sources as possible. Up to, and including, the dreaded FoxNews...

When using multiple sources, hopefully from many angles, you may actually get to the heart of matters...

I happen to enjoy watching Fox. Sorry if that offends you... Never once have I considered them the font of all wisdom. Point in fact, I don't personally know anyone who does...odd that.

Condescending authoritarians exist all over the media. Not just on Fox. They've been known to show up here, upon occasion.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I happen to enjoy watching Fox.

I am sure all the eye candy does not hurt.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You said that, not me.

((((acting all virtuous, and stuff))))

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
You said that, not me.

((((acting all virtuous, and stuff))))

I have a friend that works for NewsCorp with the New York Post and the Wall Street Journal.

I was on 5th Ave in the City on business, finished up early and was two blocks away from the NewsCorp building so I said I would treat her to lunch. She said to come buy and instead of going out we went to the Fox cafeteria.

Holy crap, talk about Amazon Goddess Heaven.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sensfan

Of the people here who post bigotry, whether it be anti-gay, racist, anti-Muslim, anti-atheist or whatever - I bet there could be a correlation made and we'd find a majority of them are FOX viewers. FOX encourages and soothes that kind of thing.

Before anyone goes off the deep end, I'm not saying all FOX viewers are bigots, I'm saying that bigots probably watch FOX.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm saying that bigots probably watch FOX.

I know a bunch of bigots that watch MSNBC.
There are a lot of different kinds of bigots.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Before anyone goes off the deep end, I'm not saying all FOX viewers are bigots, I'm saying that bigots probably watch FOX.

I wouldn't think that of you, BH. After all these years, I know that's not how you roll.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Why can't we all agree that Fox News, MSNBC and CNN are all crap?

In fact, one would be hard pressed to find a capable news broadcaster which actually doesn't espouse propagandist 'infotainment'.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

I think they're all crap - but in different ways and to varying degrees. I watch them all on occasion (mostly to see what they're peddling and what I should research) and I find FOX to be the worst, by far. I hate to think that people watch it and think it's news.

We are living in a time when the air waves are tightly controlled. By money.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Agreed!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

In fact, one would be hard pressed to find a capable news broadcaster which actually doesn't espouse propagandist 'infotainment'.

I think it's safe to say, that a majority of us will agree with that sentiment.

A capable news broadcaster? Most of 'em are capable, but it's hard to not express, however lightly, a bias, if the editorial influence is aimed one way or another.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
Bro, Fox News Entertainment...which is the actual name of the network reports news as they see it. They are allowed by law to say anything they want without basis of truth. It's lame, I agree but they aren't unlawful.

Media Allowed To Lie

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do all news medias fill your head with BS propaganda?? Why yes they do!! It just depends on what side of the aisle you are on when critiquing the other side, but it's all the same. American news medias have one goal; They all work together to keep Americans distracted from the truth. But I especially hate MSNBC and their hard-left liberal logic.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Wow

SS, talking about bigotry, don't you enjoy posting anti christian post?

What are you going on about?

Remember this?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In answer to the OP... yes, absolutely.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wow I hadn't seen that! But it perfectly illustrates the ignorance and bigotry that I think the OP is talking about. She could NOT get past the fact of his religion and the idea that it would automatically color him against Christianity and against Jesus.

Excellent video and VERY worth the watch!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Im sorry wind but I see a lot of bigotry on these forums by some of the very people that like to toss that word around.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I urge you, during this Ramadan, to get to know real Muslims. We will laugh; we will play. We'll serve you food, any time of the day.

This part of the propaganda is definitely not true and definitely shows fox is not reality based, if you judge it by this article at least.

Non-Muslim Expats Who 'Disrespect' Ramadan Threatened With Expulsion From Saudi Arabia

Non-Muslim expatriates are being threatened with expulsion from Saudi Arabia if they eat, smoke or drink in public during the holy month of Ramadan.

The ruling comes from the interior ministry and urges respect during the fasting month, which begins this weekend.

The AFP cites a statement carried by the SPA state news agency which says: “They are not excused for being non-Muslim”, adding that “labour contracts stipulate respect for Muslim rites.”

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

So much for muslim tolerance.
edit on 29-6-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: Link to source

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join