It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does FoxNews Make You Ignorant and Bigoted?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I can handle reading Fox News in order to get another perspective, but only because I've informed myself with other news sources like BBC, CNN and places like ATS and wherever I go to research online first. Sometimes I read The Economist, which even though it is a conservative magazine, disagrees with American Republicans on factual issues.

Federal Reports warn of dangers to the environment and human life in rejecting Keystone Project

Here is another random article, I'm not an idiot, coming onto Fox News for the first time I think what the hell are they smoking. This is obviously a propaganda piece. I'm educated enough about the Keystone Pipeline to know that not building it isn't going to damage the environment.

Maybe Fox News takes being the Devil's Advocate to heart, that's what it feels like. But recognize it for what it is, not fair and balanced news. I can definitely see it being necessary in order to balance out liberal bias, but both are biased, neither one is fair and balanced, you have to watch both to get the balanced perspective.

Sorry - that's three nay votes for Fox News so far on this thread, I just keep finding terrible articles on their news website
edit on 29amSun, 29 Jun 2014 08:49:32 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29amSun, 29 Jun 2014 08:50:54 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The brainwashing starts early with the schools .. the media reinforces and expands upon it ..

No such thing as a free press its all state run media feeding the public what the government wants them to know ..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
You are going to tell me about the article based solely on the title? Read it. It is NOT an opinion piece.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
it makes no real difference between Fox and other stations so in reality there is not difference between the ignorance and bigotry of Fox and the other networks. They all create viewers who are ignorant and bigoted from their point of view ... This is all part of the divide and conquer strategies used to keep the sheeple fighting among each other. This tool has changed over the millennium but it is primarily along racial and economic lines.

What truth? Fox and I am sure that the other stations are similar but it is entertainment not news ..... According to Fox News it is their 1st Amendment right to LIE TO THE PUBLIC ......

or this ......

Fox News tells court they can lie
edit on 29-6-2014 by fnpmitchreturns because: clarify add

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
… reading something doesn't make you anything. What you do with that information does.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
And the continued attack on conservatives begins in 3. . . 2. . .

All silliness aside, it's an opinion piece. Are we going to judge a network based on an opinion piece?

Might as well judge ATS on one thread.

Unless I'm missing something here.

(Will give you time to clarify)

Not attacking conservatives, Beez. You should know that I am conservative on some things as well.

This article, in my opinion, is indicative of the ignorance and bigotry that Fox spreads. The fact that someone thought this sort of piece was needed on the front page of the site speaks volumes.

They would not have to "bridge gaps" at all if it weren't for the hatred and intolerance they have been pushing since 9/11.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
What truth? Fox and I am sure that the other stations are similar but it is entertainment not news ..... According to Fox News it is their 1st Amendment right to LIE TO THE PUBLIC ......

or this ......

Fox News tells court they can lie

It is those that choose to believe the lie that worry me. The first rule of reading news is to read between the lines — very few do that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

All silliness aside, it's an opinion piece. Are we going to judge a network based on an opinion piece?

So an attack on FoxNews is an attack on conservatives? Bit short-sighted to state that all conservatives are like the paid shills at Fox.

Not at all. Many will use this as an oppourtunity to attack conservative ideologies though.

link   
Look on CNN the vast majority of their opinion pieces will lean left, same with MSNBC.

I read fox news, and even the Blaze (yup went there) been all over the world and never had a problem enjoying myself Qatar, Turkey, Kuwait, Never had any issues with the local peoples enjoyed myself quite a bit, Met quite a few people in each place that I would be happy to have as my neighbor and my friend.

Gross generalizations never work, you can find good people in nearly every group out there, don't feed the hate..

link   

fox rules!

from bret to hannity! (6-10pm)

i wish my server didn't take red-eye out of the line up.

i wouldn't give those other stations the time of day. in fact i dropped them from my cable channels, no need to waste money.

i get all their bs and then some, here for free.

i think the left wing stations and media are the bigoted and ignorant ones.

proof? just watch a few minutes of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Making it front page means that they know what sells to the demographic. That demographic says more about the state of people's minds than the article itself.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

In my defense, I did say that the majority of fox readers are no different than you and I. They can see past the fluff. But there are those that cannot and are unwilling to set aside their preconceived notions to learn more about a religion they have come to fear.

Fox News serves that ignorance to its readers/viewers and then we see articles like this that, as Beez said, are needed to bridge gaps.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't watch much TV news at all, but when I do, I keep in mind that it's ALL questionable. There are very few cable news channels that don't have an agenda. I like Al Jazeera, Link TV and BBC. But otherwise, they're all just "entertainews".

When I do watch them, I switch from MSNBC to CNN to Fox to see their particular slant on a story or news item. MSNBC leans to the left, and while they creatively edit their stories, most of what they say is true. They rarely outright lie. CNN I have found to be pretty neutral. And FOX is so far to the right, it's not even funny to me anymore. It's like listening to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck or worse.

FOX is manipulative and dishonest to the max and the vast majority of regular viewers of FOX News that I know, I find to be ridiculous to the absurd in some of their opinions, especially about the current government, the climate, corporations, guns, abortion and gay rights. I'm talking about the people who decide to sit down and watch the news and they turn on FOX and leave it there, believing they are actually hearing the important news of the day. FOX is like an elixir that soothes the angry and bitter soul, by telling them they have a good reason to be angry and FOX is on their side. It's very divisive and while I don't think FOX makes people ignorant and bigoted, if people are that way, they find comfort in FOX.

seagull, do you watch FOX exclusively or do you watch others to get a balance? Do you believe you're getting real news from FOX? Because I think that's the difference between you and most other viewers of the channel.

link   
a reply to: seagull

It's the act of wanting that information feed (e.g. Fux News), knowing full well it's biased, inaccurate and full of childish innuendo that makes you ignorant.

Any opinion based entertainment is inherently biased, but fux is pandering to a demographic of emotionally stunted, pernicious adults.

Condescending authoritarians with white teeth and make up telling you you should be outraged. Something sick about it.
edit on 29-6-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: added the sauce

link   

So an attack on FoxNews is an attack on conservatives? Bit short-sighted to state that all conservatives are like the paid shills at Fox.

Not at all. Many will use this as an oppourtunity to attack conservative ideologies though.

And what is wrong with attacking Conservative ideologies?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

fox rules!

from bret to hannity! (6-10pm)

i wish my server didn't take red-eye out of the line up.

i wouldn't give those other stations the time of day. in fact i dropped them from my cable channels, no need to waste money.

i get all their bs and then some, here for free.

i think the left wing stations and media are the bigoted and ignorant ones.

proof? just watch a few minutes of it.

But do you watch anything else?

link   
Yep, mistrust of muslims after 9/11 is the republicans fault, poor innocent muslims... Seriously?
Did you even type that with a straight face?

link   

I still don't understand.

Fox (the evil hated bad Fox) gave time for a Muslim to speak about Ramadan.

And that makes them (or those who read/watch) ignorant and bigoted?

I hope everyone posting in this thread takes the time to actually read the article before making blanket opinions on the subject.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

And what is wrong with attacking Conservative ideologies?

Nothing. If it is an honest attempt at addressing issues.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I still don't understand.

Fox (the evil hated bad Fox) gave time for a Muslim to speak about Ramadan.

And that makes them (or those who read/watch) ignorant and bigoted?

I hope everyone posting in this thread takes the time to actually read the article before making blanket opinions on the subject.

So, this is an altruistic move on the part of Fox News?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join