It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than Two-Thirds of American Youth Wouldn't Qualify for Service, Pentagon Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

Tattoos and ear gauges?

Pathetic reasons not to allow someone into military service.

But there again, military service has some pretty stupid rules, and even more stupid methodologies. The parade ground is not necessary. Teaching a person to march up and down does NOT teach them discipline, it teaches them not to think thoughts like "you know, maybe if we spent all the time we spend marching in pretty patterns, on the range instead, then we could reduce the number of collateral damage victims, and save ammunition in the field!?".

Teaching soldiers to take crap from a gobby sergeant is not particularly clever either. I see documentaries in my country about UK soldiers training up, and the behaviour of those sergeants, the way they speak to their personnel is frankly appalling. The sort of people I want defending my country, take no crap from anyone, no matter whose side they profess to be on.

The tattoos issue is utterly ridiculous also. Think about it military standards officials, just for a second. A life in the military is hard, and often painful. If a person can sit there with a needle vibrating in their flesh, the chances are that most of the hard work, that is getting a person used to pain, has been done already in a tattooed individual. Warriors have been getting tattooed since before the US even had a military, so I fail to see what the fuss is all about.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
with the massive influx of illegal immigrant , why dont US goverment offer legal citizenship for those illegal immigrant if they serve in the military ?

isnt it an american tradition to let immigrant to gain citizenship via military service ?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: qwerty12345
Who would want to qualify to kill innocent children for the profits of banks?

Really? I would suggest you stop watching fox news. We do far more than just kill people, we build Dams, roads and schools. I have given out more water and food than bullets. I learned a trade to the highest degree and my comrades and I fill your Universities with money. I have never seen anyone kill a child..

Yes, I wear equipment that is supplied by a military industrial culture. That is clearly true. However if this system wasn't in place you most likely wouldn't be getting those food stamps... As a American I have never been called anything to my face but a hero. I never seem to see you people in public. Maybe one day I will, until then just sit your ass in your moms basement...

<< 1   >>

join