It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than Two-Thirds of American Youth Wouldn't Qualify for Service, Pentagon Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

More than two-thirds of America's youth would fail to qualify for military service because of physical, behavioral or educational shortcomings, posing challenges to building the next generation of soldiers even as the U.S. draws down troops from conflict zones.

The military deems many youngsters ineligible due to obesity, lack of a high-school diploma, felony convictions and prescription-drug use for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. But others are now also running afoul of standards for appearance amid the growing popularity of large-scale tattoos and devices called ear gauges that create large holes in earlobes.

Source : online.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Who would want to qualify to kill innocent children for the profits of banks?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

Wait a sec ... the Big One ... overlapping reasons ... 31%.

So, it's probably safe to assume they mean medical + drugs (or whatevahs). It stands to reason, as the other high percentage 'is' medical that that's where the overlap most likely occurs.

What's the true percentage of kids on ADHD medication? I know Americans are fat ... but that many fatties? Somebody help me out here. I'm on the other side of the world and the Internet doesn't display a lot of fat people on my screen.
edit on 2962014 by Snarl because: changed . to ?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is what happens when we stop having gym class, recess, and allowing our precious little darlins' time to go outside and play. They become soft little couch potatoes who resemble meatballs more than children.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i dont see a problem with this? (militarily speaking)

less POG's and liabilities!

killing is becoming more and more mechanized and automated. tanks and artillery require less to fire and load. equipment is easier to cary (exoskeletons)

dont forget drones. drones are quite the force multiplier.

im not to worried about it. theres always been a big load of crazy fatties at home that couldnt hang. honestly it probably saves A LOT of money in training and time before someone flakes out because they are less then on point.

theres always plenty of bonds to go around ! IMO buying war bonds is the best help someone who isnt a warrior can help.
not everyone can be john basilone but everyone can buy magazines for basilones guns

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Perhaps this is a good thing. Mother nature taking over what the mind cannot logic at an early age....

hmmm try that again. I am on the no fly list due to my activities in the Viet Nam Vets Against the War protest after 6 years serving honourably and going to university whilst starving on the GI Bill. 70 - 76 so look forward to my last 6 months before ETS for Project Transition. This was where the army took us who survived and taught them a trade or hmmmm well lets say that is the best I can do cause we surrendered in VN in 75. Left people behind to be slaughtered. That means the beginnings of the cut backs and Project T was the first on the hit list... With two honourable discharges and an award that showed great honour on his unit and the US Army I went back to my job to which I had a Union Withdrawal Card promising my job back with all promotions and pay raise. I was refused that the union turned their backs on me. Spent two days in VA hospital over simple leg break.... turned into 59 horrible days as they not only set my leg incorrectly which had to be rebroke but failed to see I had a huge bruise on my foot that rotted.

I could go on with problems of being paid the GI Bill but then my brothers reading this will nod that they understand.

I am done preaching as nobody listen.

Our chant when we protested? "To Hell with National Honour We Won't Be Used Again!"

Failed on the young ears who came to watch us and in those days the only veterans in a or should I say sidelined on Veterans Day parade. Hmmmmm got that.... National Guard or Nukey Goobblers as they were known then and Reservist marched or worse The Persidio 6th Army band of clerks that been no where done nothing.

Yes I spell funny after Uni I got a great job blaa blaa blaa so yes I made it. Then my wife got in a family way. A daughter. Then 5 months later again..... I decided that where I grew up was not a great place for children... My perspective.... Point one milk carton photos. So we moved long far away from many people. My anger got to a low roar and I did not have to say that I served as I started my own business.

Then 911 happened. Joke is on me. I was in the air over Canada and we were forced landed in Edmundon Canada. I was on my way to a VA medical review board for consideration of compensation and disability as I should have exited the Army under a medical rather than second Honourable....

I did not make that physical and now considered a no show! As I laid on my hotel bed and watch 3 days of 911 live coverage I witness BBC living Bi*c* reporter saying Building 7 fell down 30 mins ago. It was in the reporting video frame and went down 32 mins ago. I had two words Pearl Harbour. Been called Truther since, mind you that is far better than "Baby Killer"! So I have been called worse.

So what is the point? The youth is wasted on immaturity, propaganda, and National Honour (whatever the hell that is, just look at our Veterans and 48 mil on food stamps and illegals getting better benies than her Veterans)!

They did not listen to us and we had nobody to listen to when I grew up.... My defense and can see no defense to any youth joining the Rich Man's Army! Proof there is now Iraqi Vets Against the War and Afgan Vets Against the War.

And yet what balls our forefathers had were no inherited as nobody can explain to me Nobama lack of impeachment proceedings...

So Thank God for Mother Nature..... Doing what America cannot do and that is say no to war!!!

Have a nice day!

Sorry no matter how long I stay away from the country I love my culture I am still angered by how she turned her back on her sons that did her proud and still is.

BTW OP Sn1st Flag

edit on 6/29/2014 by IceHappy because: LOL as per usual spelling...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I wasn't accepted in because I graduated from a private school. The government considers a private school to be "Tier 2", a public school is "Tier 1"... They told me they could only accept x amount of tier 2 applicants each fiscal year and that they had already reached the allowed quota... That's some BS!

I'm sorry but my private school was better education than any public school lol. It was also accredited by the state. I also went to college for a time after graduating WITH A DIPLOMA, but still I can't join because apparently if the school curriculum isn't provided by the government it must not be any good.... Stupid government.

edit on 29-6-2014 by Bovah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
As your screen not showing fattie americans it also do not show the slums, boarded neighborhoods that is falling apart, parks full of homeless and druggies est

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Unfortunatley I believe this article to be accurate. Just by looking around at todays youth it is plaine to see they are pleagued by a unnumerable amount of illnesses both mental and physical.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: qwerty12345

I second this notion. I don't qualify due to lack of a diploma and consistent illegal drug use.

I could easily pass the physical tests.

I just have no interest in dieing for the corporate interests of some greedy pig.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

never say never my friend. always stay frosty, just never know what reasons might arise for you to join up or go to battle.

in my case i have 2 young children and a less then capable fiancé. if things got bad i dont reckon we will do real well eating berries and boiling water. id have to trade my freedoms and well being for my families well being. something I'm ready to do... not something i look forward to and its something I'm actively working to avoid but always knowing in the back of your head what some of the worst case scenarios are and being ready for them is a good thing! prepping but in a more hypothetical emotional sort of way i guess..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TLANDREWS

I have to laugh, I think you are right, that is very honestly true. What I took from the article is that our youth are in sloppy shape. The military will get its recruits either way.
edit on 29amSun, 29 Jun 2014 09:32:17 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Oh I agree with you my friend. I'm ready to defend my home and family at a moments notice. I just don't view joining our national war-machine as the best way to do that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax
What you say i haveno problem with. Defending your home and family is noble and just. Go to the army and go halfway around the globe and go kill innocent humans and calling it defending my country does not work for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

More Than Two-Thirds of American Youth Wouldn't Qualify for Service, Pentagon Says

Why is anyone suprised? Just take a look at their fatassed, mouth breathing parents.

It's not the schools fault! There is a malaise in America directly related to the culture of consumerism, sloth
and the www.
edit on 29-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

Perhaps a public school setting does a better, government approved job of reinforcing the concepts of obeying authority, not asking questions or thinking things through too deeply lest you come to realize that "something seems wrong here".

In other words you may be more educated but that's not necessarily what they want. They want predictable and obedient. Which is why the perfect soldier would be like a T-2 terminator, an actual machine that simply follows it's programming.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Really, the ARMY actually turns people down??

Color me shocked.

Overall this is probably a good thing. However I'd be very curious to know whether some of those 'Others' were simply people deemed unfit to blindly follow orders?

edit on 29-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Wait a sec ... the Big One ... overlapping reasons ... 31%.

So, it's probably safe to assume they mean medical + drugs (or whatevahs). It stands to reason, as the other high percentage 'is' medical that that's where the overlap most likely occurs.

What's the true percentage of kids on ADHD medication? I know Americans are fat ... but that many fatties? Somebody help me out here. I'm on the other side of the world and the Internet doesn't display a lot of fat people on my screen.

50% of all students at high schools in the USA are from somewhere in South America. Those are the ones with gang tattoos and have education attainment problems. Others have obesity problems based on eating at fast food chains and egg based diets.

list25.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Gang tat's? I see many youth here where I live with tattoos all over themselves and they're not in gangs. It's like a mental illness or something. And many of them won't work. They live at home or anywhere else they can lay their heads. I call them: "the "Y" generation". I'm from generation X, BTW.

But that works out good that not many can get into the military corporational banking institute. I think America has done enough wars for one lifetime.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Does anyone need any more proof then this simple chart.......Progressive conditioning. It is the same reason young adults do not want to start a life for themselves and the anti-bullying campaigns are in full swing.

The Progressive PTB wanted a weak,apathetic,fearful society and they got it. I believe they used the Black culture as a experiment and it worked perfect so they expanded it out in full society. Look at what younger generations value. And no it is not all. I have meet plenty of strong minded conservative young people but they are rare these days.

One last thing to add if you let the progressive mindset into your home be prepared for failure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join