It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link to website with tons of graphic Iraqi Freedom War Footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well I don't know if this will be deleted or not because some of the content of this website is very very graphic. Please if your not an adult or this stuff bothers you don't go to this site. It has lots and lots of video footage.

I am posting this mainly because I am very against this war. I know there are still people who stand by it though. This is for anyone who thinks that war is noble and a just thing to do.

Alot of the footage includes roadside bomb attacks, convoy attacks, beheadings, iraqi national guard soldiers being murdered etc.

www.thenausea.com...
WARNING GRAPHIC WAR FOOTAGE

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Isn't this just typical.130+ views and not one single comment.Have any of you 130+ actually gone to the site and looked at any of the pictures,especially the ones of children.Tell me,does it not tug at your heart to see these photos of innocent children mangled and traumatized for the rest of thier lives all because of something they have no involvement in,no say in and something that noone can seem to come up with a rational reason as to why it is happening.
No, show a picture of a wounded or dead soldier and it becomes headline news and the main topic of discussion for days and days and days.How dare they kill or maim a soldier.Throw in pix of the realities of war and silence.Collateral damage?Stick it where the sun don't shine.I'm sorry but it just crushes me when I see these pix of innocent victims for the sake of what.
Thanx Hoppin. I'll be using this site as ammunition quite a bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
im done with war footage, ive seen enough gore and mangled bodies to last me 5 life times. i dont need it, lets look for a solution. if you havnt been accustom to it yet however i would suggest taking a gander, as it will sober you up to the reality that is war, and how much it needs to STOP

[edit on 2-12-2004 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Every 'war footage' site that I've been to always manages (or at least attempts) to demonize American Soldiers. I'm sick of it. Here is a caption of a videoclip on TheNausea.com.

War crime: A marine murders a wounded prisioner inside a mosque in Fallujah. One of the soldiers is called "Arroyo". Video1. It is not said that 24 hours earlier these 5 prisioners were already interrogated and nobody gave them medical care, letting some of them bleeding to death. In a previous recording (24 h before), enclosed in a white circle you can see, still alive, the old man that afterwards is shown dead. Video2. Journalist explanation Text

(Fallujah) A marine says, "I've just injured one, he's between the two buildings". At that moment another marine walks over to the gap between the two houses, he then climbs on a forty four gallon drum aims his gun at the injured Iraqi and fires one shot. The marine then climbs back down saying, "He's done". Video

US war planes wipe out family of six in Fallujah: 4 children, one woman, one man (17.oct.04).

Wedding bombed by "precision" attack in Fallujah.

This is not a cosmetically clean conflict. In a utopian war (irony at it's best) we won't see mistakes. Alas, this is not. Our society needs to just...deal with it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Soliders are trained on the geneva convetions regularly. It is against rules to engage noncombatants or to shoot wounded people who cannot fight back. Did you see the one where a bomb was dropped on a crowd of people walking down the street. I didn't see one weapon.

True no one has much to say when it comes to this. Someone can say oh go kill them all. But then take a look at what death really is. It is sick. What people are doing to other people over there is just insane. A human life is sacred. Bush has a lot of blood on his hands. Very few things can justify fighting a war. This war is not a just war. It is brutal and senseless.

Sure this footage is sick. But with the censored version coming into your house all day you begin not to care. You read in the paper 100 people killed or 5 soldiers killed then you just turn the page cuz you don't care. This footage should be shown on t.v. to everyone regardless of the traumatic effect. It shows what war really is. Just sick brutal murder. They public would put a stop to this in a heartbeat then.

If anyone else finds any free footage sites please let me know. Thanks.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This is just 5 pictures...for as many "ugly" war pictures as there are, that are just as many "happy" pictures.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I knew, as most vets did, that the media's overplay of the panty parties in the prison would lead to less prisoners being taken.

Think about it, you can take a prisoner, patch his wounds, fill his belly, "interrogate" him, find out nothing, release him, then be killed by him the next day.

No thanks

They have no good way to seperate the good from the bad prisoners.

It's safer to kill them all and let God sort them out.

The media's coverage has only made it more so

I have to tell you, after seeing the fuss made over these incidents....

If I wasn't sure I was going to live through a firefight if I was fighting by the "rules", and I had a reporter with a camera with me, the chances are that he'd be the first to die in that firefight.

Every soldier knows the axiom:

"It's better to be tried by 12 then be carried by 6"

Keeping that in mind, my guess is that if the press keeps demonizing the army, the list below is going to start growing by leaps and bounds.

Journalist and Media Worker Death Toll:

1. Paul Moran: 22 March, Gerdigo Checkpoint, Halabja, freelance cameraman on assignment for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation

2. Terry Lloyd: 22 March, Southern Iraq, Basra, ITV News correspondent

3. Gaby Rado: 30 March, Northern Iraq, Sulaimaniya, Channel 4 correspondent

4. Kaveh Golestan: 2 April, Kifri, freelance cameraman on assignment for BBC

5. Michael Kelly: 4 April, Baghdad Airport, editor at large of Atlantic Monthly, columnist with the Washington Post; the first embedded journalist to die in the war

6. Kamran Abdurazaq Muhamed: 6 April, Mosul, BBC translator

7. David Bloom: 6 April, Baghdad, embedded NBC correspondent

8. Christian Liebig: 7 April, Baghdad, Focus magazine (Germany) reporter

9. Julio Anguita Parrado: 7 April, Baghdad, El Mundo correspondent

10. Tarek Ayoub: 8 April, Baghdad, Al-Jazeera cameraman

11. Taras Protsyuk: 8 April, Baghdad, Reuters cameraman and journalist

12. Jos� Cuoso: 8 April, Baghdad, Telecinco (Spain) cameraman

13. Iraqi interpreter (name as yet unknown): 12 April, Baghdad, The Sun (Malaysia), New Straits Times, Malaysian State Television

14. Mario Podesta: 14 April, Baghdad, America TV (Argentina) reporter

15. Veronica Cabrera: 14 April, Baghdad, America TV camerawoman

Journalists Missing:

1. Fred Nerac: ITN cameraman - Missing since 22 March

2. Hussein Othmann: ITN translator - Missing since 22 March

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
oh, and for those of you who are so horrified by the pictures of the dead people they see on their computer....

Take a gander at the vids of the noble warriors of the resistance slowly sawing off the heads of any random (unarmed) westerner they can find.

If that's not enough. There's a real audio clip of some women being buried up to their knees, covered with a white sheet and pelted with stones until the sheets were soaked with blood and the bodies slumped.

Probably just some slutty maids that tempted their bosses into raping them anyway, right?

That was in Iraq.

(coincidentally, they were chanting the exact same thing those Lions of Falluja were chanting Allah is Great Allah is Great Allah is Great)

Or how about the pictures of the mass graves of the 10's of thousands of people Saddam had executed.

I saw one that claimed to be of a creative little method of execution Saddam came up with. 100g of explosives in the front pockets.

It's probably best that I had codec problems with that one.

I even heard that he taped one of his infamous kiddy helicoptor rides.
(probably for use in future negotiations) so keep your eyes out for that!

yeah, there are a lot of graphic images of dead people on the net.

Just thank God they can't digitize the stench.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
is it the news reporters fault they were killed or the US military for ensuring a surge in anomosity towards them and their like. spin it however you like, the US military is responisble for any and all attrocities taking place in the middle east. other wise the 'terrorist' would be plotting futilly their next campaign of disaster, or mabye they wouldnt. theres just no telling, but probably not considering our massive hike in military, defense and security expenditures, even with out the iraq war we would still be the most powerful, secure and prosperous nation in the world. of course you wouldnt really get that feeling if you dabbled in US media
try as they might the terrorist havent even come close to chinking the armor that is our military backbone. we are creating lots of hatred and agnst towards ourselves with this disgraceful campaign, a feeling that might very well puncture the lung of the US economy. imo

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

oh, and for those of you who are so horrified by the pictures of the dead people they see on their computer....

Take a gander at the vids of the noble warriors of the resistance slowly sawing off the heads of any random (unarmed) westerner they can find.

If that's not enough. There's a real audio clip of some women being buried up to their knees, covered with a white sheet and pelted with stones until the sheets were soaked with blood and the bodies slumped.

Probably just some slutty maids that tempted their bosses into raping them anyway, right?

That was in Iraq.

(coincidentally, they were chanting the exact same thing those Lions of Falluja were chanting Allah is Great Allah is Great Allah is Great)

Or how about the pictures of the mass graves of the 10's of thousands of people Saddam had executed.

Fact of the matter is there were better ways to do this. 10's of thousands of people have died as a result of this war. We are a brutal nation also. Here is some info from a previous post I did.

I want to start this out with a nice picture check out the video too. www.gwu.edu...
HMM whos that mystery man. Thats 1983 you said saddams been murdering since 1967 hmmm...

Now you like to say that the baath party slaughtered millions. These people have been fighting basically a private civil war for decades. Its a power struggle and some are gonna lose. Armed religious groups have been trying to take control for decades. Whos responsible for their deaths. Them I think. You fight against your government and you might get killed.

Like asianx says when you have as many people in iraq as there are armed to the teeth struggling for power there are going to be consequences.

What do you think would happen if a large group of people armed themselves and tried to take over our government? Think it would be bloody. I think so. Our government keeps us in control with the fear of imprisonment(mental torture), Execution, Monetary Fines, and Physical Labor. I've said saddam did many terrible things. But at least he kept the country in control. He took it farther than he should many times I'm sure. But if you live in a society with strict laws with strict punishment I think I would be good don't you?

Heres links to executions since 1976 when the death penalty was reinstated.
www.clarkprosecutor.org... That is 907 people.

Also the u.s. has averged 373 police killings a year since 1976 which is around 10,000 people. Theres is no database on this as shown by a former ny times article shown here.
www.commondreams.org...

As of the end of 2002 there were over 2,033,331 prisoners that were held in Federal or State prisons or in local jails. www.ojp.usdoj.gov...
I can't find any info on deaths in prisons and abuse and such cuz the iraqi prison thing has clogged the search engines but I am sure it's signifigant.

Now is it clear that to keep a society in check a certain amount of evil is required. When a society has super radical islamic extremists fighting for any control they can muster. It's these extremist religion that calls for many deaths in the first place.

Heres an article about u.s. and other companies providing iraq with chemicals.
www.cnn.com...
So now lets think if saddams bathist regime has been slaughtering millions since 1967 don't you feel the u.s. is responsible for allowing the export of these chemicals. Hmmm....

Are we responsible for putting saddam in power? Heres a Congressional record written by a senator. Congressional Record: September 20, 2002 (Senate)
Page S8987-S8998
www.fas.org...

Are our former leaders and some present responsible also. Yes. I'm sure of it. Who's the real bad guy here. I think if you allow such wrongdoing go on and help someone do so much wrong a peacefull soltuion is a must. Like many have said let them make their own government. They don't want us there.

So is killing 10's of thousands of people justified because of how saddam was. No I don't think so. The billions spent there could have changed things in a peacefull way without this brutality going on.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Soliders are trained on the geneva convetions regularly. It is against rules to engage noncombatants or to shoot wounded people who cannot fight back. Did you see the one where a bomb was dropped on a crowd of people walking down the street. I didn't see one weapon.

How do you know that someone is unarmed without personally searching for yourself? Would you spare your own life to find out if he is indeed 'unarmed'?

Many of our troops have already lost their lives in Iraq because of hidden bombs, suicide bombers, booby-trapped dogs and children.

How are we to know who the enemy is? The Geneva Convention does not protect those who choose to not play by the rules. That is their choice, not ours!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Our society needs to just...deal with it.

No we don't need to just deal with it, "just dealing with it" has put these kind of people in power to begin with, Saddam, bush, any of them... Honestly Simulacra, that's a sickening thing to say.

new topics

top topics

join