It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Enigma-man-may-be-new-human-species-that-lived-until-11000-years-ago !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Fresh light on China's Red Deer Cave People raises big questions.. Fascinating regardless.

With Enigma Man we follow the groundbreaking research of Aussie paleoanthropologist Darren Curnoe and his Chinese colleague, paleontologist Ji Xueping.

Their study of ancient human remains found in a remote cave in South-west China looks at the idea there may have been another species of human existing alongside our ancestors as recently as 11,000 – 14,000 years ago.

Dubbed the '‘Red Deer Cave people’', these ancient people, or, more precisely, their remains – so similar, yet so physically different from us – are much, much younger than our Neanderthal relatives, posing some seriously interesting questions. Were they really another human species? And if so, what happened to them? Why did they die out? How did they live? And what were their interactions with our own early relatives?

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

What happened to them?

Humans noticed they look and sound different than us and their beliefs were different so we exterminated them. Seems to be something we are good at as a species.

All joking aside.

I believe there were probably a few different species of human like creatures here and natural selection won out.
Either that or....aliens advanced us at some point in our not so distant past. I have no answers just thoughts.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anthropologists are saying mixed things about such a 'find'.

Unless genetic profiling is done and knowledge if their DNA is connected to other known DNA such as human, Neanderthal, Denisovan etc then it is all just guessing.

Some anthropologists are of the opinion that they were just early Melanesian type humans.

All that the 'new study' has done is making a reconstruction of how they possibly looked from moulds etc and placed them on humans. In all honesty, the reconstruction looks extremely similar to the Aborigine people.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 29-6-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder if any of their DNA lived on in us, like the Neanderthal did? Could we have just passed it off as junk DNA?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder!

I saw a promo for this show coming on tv but forgot all about it. In Australia we have a god-awful ABC-tv service to catch you up on missed tv shows. The resolution is woeful, but with aussie web problems that's just life down here. Anyway, there is a documentary about the Enigma Man discovery. Here is a link for it. Enigma Man Now whether or not it plays is a geological problem you will all have to overcome on your own. (Possibly try Hola for chrome or something similar)

Anyway, I'm off to bed to watch the show - hopefully it's good! :-)

edit, found a small youtube promo about the show.

edit on 29-6-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Often in new finds it takes 10-15 years for all the research to be consolidated and a coherent picture to emerge.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The vid purports that science is very conservative and that may be so but it is the ones that take liberty to paint a picture that may be a long way from the truth .We see this a lot in the production of myth and recent history that looks to embellish a sense of patriotic heroism or to move our common understanding of history .Not saying they are wrong but that they may be moving the goal posts .Still ,probably a entertaining watch in the future ...peace a reply to: Qumulys

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me how tall this enigma man was?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The ones who lived in china before chinese, are yunans... Yuans (I dont know how they spell it). But they genocide them all and stole their land. Thats why, archeologists found pyramids, ancient temples and China banned the archeologists and covered all the ancient excavations with mud and technical forests.

That is also why, the half china even today, is called yunan... something like it.

Also the ancients called them Sines, in latin Sina and in modern languages China (its like Sina).

edit on 30-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
The ones who lived in china before chinese, are yunans... Yuans (I dont know how they spell it). But they genocide them all and stole their land. Thats why, archeologists found pyramids, ancient temples and China banned the archeologists and covered all the ancient excavations with mud and technical forests.

That is also why, the half china even today, is called yunan... something like it.

Also the ancients called them Sines, in latin Sina and in modern languages China (its like Sina).

Not sure who you are referring to the people commonly called the Yuan still exist in northern Thailand. There are 40+ known 'pyramids' in China so not sure what you other comments are about.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: Ploutonas

Not sure who you are referring to the people commonly called the Yuan still exist in northern Thailand. There are 40+ known 'pyramids' in China so not sure what you other comments are about.

Yuans are dead long long long ago, around 5000bc, its easy today and very common, to create nations/states/countries with a name, but the content is irrelevant. As for the ancient sites, I will post later some references, not now because I have to search and I have a job to do..

Just a tip before I go (I will add more later), Yuan in my language is Ionas and its not a coincidence, that the seas between Greece and Italy (Rome) is Ionio seas - Yuan seas, that translates into 1 thing. During the genocide, there was some survivors, that resided in that part of land.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join