It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palmer House Hotel May Have Secret Manuscripts Worth a Fortune Hidden In Basement Wall!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Zak, the leader of the Ghost Adventures crew, recently did a follow up of a previous show where the famous Palmer House Hotel in Chicago, IL, was investigated.
palmerhousehiltonhotel.com...

During the followup show, Aftershocks, The Palmer House Hotel, the owner, Kelly Freese, released information that during an EVP session she did recently, she received clear and precise communication from the spirit of Sinclair Lewis, winner of the Nobel Prize in 1930, who worked there as a night desk clerk while writing his early manuscripts.

Sinclair told Kelly there were manuscripts in a wall in the basement that he had hidden there so his boss would not find out he was working on his writing during his time on the job. He also led Kelly to the wall where the manuscripts are allegedly hidden.
Kelly feels that Sinclair wants her to find the manuscripts so the world can revisit him, the talented man that he was.

Kelly hasn't looked in the wall yet, but plans to do so soon when it can be well documented.

If, indeed, these manuscripts are found to be inside this wall, they could be worth a fortune!
And, not only that, it would offer proof of real communication between the living and the dead.

www.encyclopedia.com...

Harry Sinclair Lewis
Although Harry Sinclair Lewis (1885-1951) was the most celebrated American literary figure of the 1920s, his popular, mildly satirical novels today are valued mainly for their sociohistorical relevance.

In 1920 Lewis achieved instant worldwide recognition with the publication of Main Street, which, according to Lewis's biographer Mark Schorer, "was the most sensational event in 20th-century American publishing history."

Lewis's unique place in American literary history is perhaps best expressed by Mark Schorer: "He was one of the worst writers in modern American literature, but without his writing one cannot imagine modern American literature. That is because, without his writing, we can hardly imagine ourselves."

I watched the full show on t.v. on The Travel Channel. It contained more information than what is offered in this trailer, but this is all that is available on the You Tube videos. You may be able to watch the full episode at TravelChannel.com

At the 2:22 mark, the video begins discussion on the Palmer House. At the 4:44 mark, Kelly talks about Sinclair and the hidden manuscripts.

edit on 6/29/2014 by sled735 because: Edit Title

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Be interesting to see what the notes are if they find any there ..
though suspect bit of publicity stunt.. one would think he'd have opened the wall to get the notes upon learning of their existence ..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I think her reason was that she wanted to have it recorded, and well-documented if they find anything. I hope she does it soon; I'm very curious if she finds anything.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735
Ahh.. it could be .. will be looking forward to see what if anything they find .. just hope it doesnt end up a dud with nothing there ..

As the notes would be interesting for a historical view ..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hi Sled:

Sounds fun. I would watch, especially if Zac from Ghost Adventures will be there for the unveil - what a cutie!

I did a "Haunted Chicago" tour once and the Palmer House had a lot of interesting history. A bunch of Gangster and Mobster lore.

This reminds me of that show "If Walls Could Talk." I haven't seen the show around the last couple of years, but what a great thing it would be to find a piece of history in your home or business.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I do hope they allow the Ghost Adventures crew, or someone, to film this when it takes place so the rest of the world can be witness!!

I really hope the manuscripts are there! What a disappointment, if they're not.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The basement there is very interesting!
We were "pulled" into this area while we followed a "hunch" that lead to this "dust ball" that had eyes...lol

That is a corner of the palmer house basement wall where the ORB ("dustball") picture was captured.

That wall was very interesting to both my wife and I.
Not far from that wall is a square hole in the floor,
where we caught the only EVP I got there that I could find in several hours of recording.

(My first ever attempt at recording and editing an EVP, it did not come out nearly as good as I wanted)
She might want to check out around the square hole in the floor as well,
but that wall is someplace that should be of interest.

I wouldn't recommend opening up walls though. It is a historic building.
But yeah, it is what it is.

very cool!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

WOW! Thanks for sharing your pictures. That "dustball" could be the spirit of Harry Sinclair Lewis, trying to tell you about the manuscripts. It has a mouth too.

How cool is that?!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wouldn't THAT be trippy!

I am no good at overlaying photos, but here is a side by side....

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

My computer won't even let me do what you just did. Thanks for that.

Yeah, I can see how that could be him. The nose looks the same.

Gotta go run some errands. Thanks for your input on the thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You'd think it be relatively easy to document this process.

Get your city paperwork in order to do some demo. Bam - paper record.
Setup cameras, maybe even hire an independent crew. Instant video record.
If you're really feeling plucky - stream it live.
If you want reasonable authenticity, consult a structural engineer or similar to verify and officially record the walls aren't tampered with before hand and are in their original condition.

I hope they find something
Even better if they live stream it! I definitely would love it if they found something, both from a literature history standpoint and for the paranormal advancement.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If the owner does in fact find authentic Lewis paperwork in that wall I would say thats a definite sign of other wordly communication.And glad darkblade was around to respond here after his recent adventure there.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Yeah, she should get the Ghost Adventures crew to come back and film it!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
If the owner does in fact find authentic Lewis paperwork in that wall I would say thats a definite sign of other wordly communication.And glad darkblade was around to respond here after his recent adventure there.

Absolutely! Validation!

new topics

top topics

join