It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do when your kid says freaky stuff?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't know how many of you fellow ATS'ers have children, but sometimes they can say pretty random and creepy things.
I had my middle child talk about the "ghost man" in the middle of a busy medical clinic.
Lately, my 5 year old Ethan has told me about the "bad Angels" that make him see the scary wolf from the 3 little pigs in his head. Most recently, we were on vacation. I took him into a fastfood bathroom and he saw water coming out of a drain. He said, " is that water from the great flood??" I said no why? How do you know about the flood? He said, "God drownd the earth and people died... but some people went into outerspace with their space clothes!!".
I was pretty much dumbfounded after that. We've discussed God and Jesus, but nothing like the flood/ark, or any other stories.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with their kids?

edit on 29-6-2014 by casijones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Mine has never said anything about ghosts or such. But she did tell me one day in front of her teacher... Did I remember that time I threw her through the window like a football??

My mouth almost hit the ground. It was a genuine WTF? moment. She swore by it then. The teacher laughed and I was glad I didn't have to sit in jail while a CPS worker made my daughter show her how I threw her through the window with anatomically correct dolls.

edit on 6/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
What ever comes out of their imagination is no worse than any religion putting stuff in their head.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Sounds like somebody in their environment is really into the paranormal, or else they've been watching a few TV shows they're not quite old enough to understand yet.
It might also be coming from a playmate. Children love to share knowledge that the other kids don't have. Babysitters are another good source of 'unusual' information.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Creepy, huh? Not as creepy as what he is seeing.

Ask him more about it. If it looks like the big bad wolf that is more disturbing than seeing the teletubbies, say.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Me, the wife, and my infant son were watching a movie one evening. My son went to get a drink from the fridge. He came back and said, "There's water on the floor." The wife and I just assumed he had spilled a bit and we'd mop it up when the movie finished.

You knew this was gonna be amusing right?

So anyway, the hose for the ice maker had let go and by the time the movie was finished there was about an inch of standing water in the kitchen. We never failed to pay attention to even the smallest things they felt important to convey after that.

You shouldn't either.

My daughter has 'visions' when her blood sugar level crashes. Think about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
(this'll end up being a future reference link for the stuff i've been posting about here at ATS..)
a reply to: casijones

you may as well start telling your child simple things about jesus & God?
..it sounds like it may just come in handy

the "bad Angels" that make him see the scary wolf from the 3 little pigs in his head.

this is exactly what i've been rambling about in some other "related" topics
they (the "bad angels", whatever you want to call them, i always liked that adage "from the mouths of babes" but i prattle on..)
(..they) work with our mindscapes.

i don't type all my "stuff" here at ATS because of something i once read on a cornflakes packet
i type this stuff because of things that happened to me when i was a VERY YOUNG CHILD

there is definitely SOMETHING to all this..

this *might* be useful to you?
(as stated in other reference links, here is some potential further study)
shill #1 bob dean 2009 "awake & aware" presentation
shill #2 spielberg's "TAKEN"
from these you will soon arrive at zechariah sitchin, ancient sumeria, the "gods", space-brothers & a whole lot more

(Mat 24:24) "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25"Behold, I have told you in advance.

(1 Timothy 4:1) But the Spirit says expressly that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons,

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
My almost 5 year old daughter says creepy stuff all the time! When she was 3, I was reading an article about creepy things kids say and she turned to me and whispered "I'm going to die soon...and there will be blood everywhere!" D: Wtf?!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Time to take your child to a mental health clinic!

Only joking.

Seriously though, i think it may just be their imagination running loose...seems like the most likely scenario to me. That, or they are just trying to grapple with theories or ideas they are not yet ready to understand.

As for the more paranormal stuff like seeing entities, i can only guess that either something might be wrong regarding their bodily functions or mental state (which can influence one's state of awareness), or they are genuinely seeing things which aren't normal, and would provoke an adverse and odd response.
edit on 29-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes my daughter said something that was in its self really creepy and then to make it even worse... a couple days later a news article came out comparable to what she said. It was a really really odd occurance.

What happened:

I made a thread about what she said because it was just so odd and an abnormal thing in my mind for a child to say out of the blue. So I made a thread here on ATS and then a couple days later, CJCrawley came to the thread and posted an article about the Sun Going to Sleep. I was a bit taken back and it made a weird situation even weirder for me.

The Sun is Tired

Has the Sun gone to sleep

Yes I believe we should pay close attention to what the children say. Remember, we as adults have been conditioned over the years to ignore certain things that a child's mind will pay close attention to. Their minds have not yet been tainted so it would be beneficial to listen. I'm not saying it will always pan out to be some grand prediction or have anything meaningful behind it, but it can't hurt. As we can see in some of the previous posters stories... it pays to listen to them.

:-)
leolady

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
My son on at least two different occasions has said similar things....

A few years back, before he ever was in school or had any knowledge of the events of 9/11 (official story 9/11 you crazies!) said to me that he was afraid that bad guys would fly a plane into our house, but if they did the firemen would come get him out, but not all of them would make it back out!

That freaked me a bit.

He also freaked my wife out a little bit prior to that. He was sitting in the hallway, playing with some toys when he started waving and said hi to someone behind my wife's back. She turned around to see that no one was there. She asked who he was waving to, and he replied with the first and middle name of someone very close to her who had passed away a few years prior that he never knew or even knew of...

That freaked her a bit..

So to answer the question, what do we do?
Just smile and be in awe of the powers in the universe that we do not understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The other week my 3yo son was standing in the front room with me he was looking toward the living area & hallway and i was sitting down he asked 'whos that standing in the hallway mummy' i knew no one could be there so i said i dont know is it a man or a lady? He said 'a man' then i stood up & looked and no one was there, my 1 and a half yr old son is always talking to someone when he is in his cot sometimes at 3-4 am then he will just go back to sleep he also randomly waves at no one as if he is waving goodbye, kinda creepy so i asked a medium that i trust and she said that the man in the hallway was my grandfather that recently passed, she told me very personal stuff that there is no way she could have known so i trust that its him and not something else because it can be kind of scary! I immediately thought of paranormal activity when it started happening lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well, there is a chance that the kid is imagining things, a chance that he/she is psychic or remembering a previous life. Irrespective, it may be useful and is certainly important to the child to be taken seriously, but not too seriously. So ask some simple questions. Treat them with respect and assume truth until otherwise exhibited. You may be lucky and learn something really important. The child will already have been lucky to have a parent that cares and assumes /expects they speak the truth irrespective what it may be. That expectation leads to developing that kind of behavior, which will be invaluable when they hit 13.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

My daughter has 'visions' when her blood sugar level crashes. Think about it.

That is interesting. I have female friends who are diabetic who have the same thing happen to them. Both of them see Grey aliens going about their lives around like normal people, and communicate with spirits. It gets ridiculous how... accurate and consistent it is.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Back in 2002 I got back from a gig, around 4am, and I sat down in the lounge to catch the strength to get into the shower. A few minutes later both my son and daughter (3yrs and 2yrs old at that time) sleepwalked into the lounge and plonked themselves next to me onto the couch I was sitting on.

They were both out. Fast asleep. I didn't wake them as I didn't want to scare them, even though i had gone ice cold seeing both of them walking in the lounge. When I realized they were sleepwalking, I freaked in silence. It was not a good feeling. I was scared.

My daughter after waking up told me "daddy had big spiders all over you". My son didn't dream, or tell me anything, or just couldn't remember. They probably thought I fetched them from the room and put them on the couch by me.

Since then I have never seen them sleepwalking.

In 2007 my daughter told us she saw a lady sitting on our bed, in the day time. I didn't see anything when I went to go look. I will admit I experienced quite a few peripheral visions till about 2008.

All good since then

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

It gets ridiculous how... accurate and consistent it is.

Yes ... indeed. It is right in line with seeing beyond the veil. The other consistency you'll find (if you haven't asked already) is how their memories of what they've seen is extremely clear ... like waking from a dream ... and though they should remember, and want to remember, the clarity rapidly fades away into something so vague that barely any detail can be recalled.

This is something I've always been intrigued by. Now that you mention it, I'll try and remember to look it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
b
Overheard you or your "friends" rambling about your conspiracy BS!!

These things are what you hear on crap shows like Ancient Aliens and other similar factless based programs. (now you're going to say you don't own a tv or watch these shows or talk about your conspiracy theories) I would therfore have to point you in the direction of a liar!!

Your kids are fine....they just hear bits and piece of someones ramblings and conversations and then it sticks in their mind and appears in dreams they remember!!

I decided to read your other threads and posts....just for clarification before I replied it seems you were already planning this a few years ago and had similar thoughts.....seems like a thread done with preparation to try to earn flags and stars possibly!!! Good attempt though...but no star or flag!!

Here is one of yours:
To all conspiracy theorists with children

edit on 29-6-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My 3yr old woke up crying and very shaken the other night. I asked him what was wrong and he said a guy was eating his ear then complained about his ear hurting. Took ages to settle him and he ended up downstairs watching Disney's robin hood with us and then he slept on the sofa with his daddy. Anyway, next morning his ear had gloop coming out of it and we realised he had an ear infection again. So we reckon his ear was hurting and that led him to have a bad dream. His daddy playfully eats his ribs all the time so it's no surprise if he dreamt of a man eating his ear if he was suffering pain. He also complained of a couple of banging noises and figure that was whatever it was popping in his ear. Gross. Anyway, I was shaken by his dream until the next morning when we realised he had an ear infection. Sometimes freaky things have a logical explanation. Kids also pick up stuff from their friends at nursery or school. Or even a book they've been reading. He's also woken up crying because of bats or ghosts in his room. He only know about ghosts because of a book he likes to read before bed. I don't know, kids are weird but they also pick up a lot more than you think.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 29-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

Its always good to spend time talking to kids,their imaginations have limits related to their age appropriate attention spans,so generally speaking see how long they want to talk about their experiences and if it is longer than normal and their attention spans are strong,simply keep playing question and answer with them and show genuine interest.

If there is anything more of substance to your childrens stories you WILL pick up on it by observing their behaviours more than you focus on the content of the story .

It isnt hard to subtely and gently cross-examine a 5 year old who is willing to talk about their story or experiences.

edit on 29-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Lol you got a hell of an imagination.... He obviously heard it from SOMEONE maybe Grandma/Grandpa or on TV, or maybe they go to church? Can't really say without knowing them personally..

But IMO I think kids do believe they are actually talking to imaginary things, their minds are still developing. Take them to the mall and they think Santa is real, that should tell you alot...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join