It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann: IRS Scandal Big Enough to Take Down Obama's Presidency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has confirmed the seriousness of the IRS Tea Party target scandal that has made utter fools out of high officials connected with the IRS activities.

She says this could easily bring down the Obama Presidency !!

Michele Bachmann's educated and experienced opinion is good enough for me 100%

Friday on Fox News Channel's "On The Record," Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) told host Greta Van Susteren that the Obama administration's actions in the IRS scandal could be "big enough it could bring down the presidency."

The outgoing-Minnesota congresswoman and former tax law attorney said, "Well, there is no question this is a scandal. It's a scandal of epic proportions. Big enough it could bring down the presidency. The only thing that's phony are all of the denials coming out of the White House."

IRS Guilty -- Confirmed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh dear, this is the first time I haven't read/watched the video before posting but.....

It's all your fault!!!
The title drew me in

Oh, there is hope after all

I would just like to say, I would feel the exact same way had this been a Rep. administration in office
This BS has gone on too long

Okay, gotta go read now......sorry

-----
ETA: I was not in favor of the Clinton impeachment trial, I thought it was trivial & waste of tax payers money
But what is going on in the WH now is unbelievable and I can't believe nothing is being done to stop them
Way, way more serious and damaging than a BJ, pardon me, but seriously this crap is getting way out of hand

edit on 29-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL.......LOL......LOL........

Well, that says pretty much everything right there.....Never in a million years could I imagine anyone saying that with a straight face.

Did you happen to catch this one??

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The Obama Presidency is enough to bring down the Obama Presidency yet here we are.

This won't do it either. It will be snowing on the hilltops of hell before they get Obama out of office before his term ends. He's not going anywhere regardless of what happens between now and then.

If the idea of impeachment were ever brought us seriously the result would make the LA Riots look like Disney On Ice IMO. They know this. They knew it when they put him in office.

The whole administration lacks any kind of honor, respect, humility.... I could go on and on.

edit on 6/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This isn't going to die down. Every person who was individually targeted and every group that was collectively targeted will not forget the stress and hassle of having investigators in their house, being interviewed, having to produce tax receipts, staying up late to do paperwork, filling in forms. For the amount of stress the government has given them, they will want to do back to the IRS and Obama.

Then the IRS have the nerve to say, "oh, um, well you see, we've lost the emails, can't find them, the disk drive disappeared in a puff of smoke, this sort of thing always happens".

In these kind of conspiracies, eventually something cracks, like bargain-hunters find unerased hard disk drives in auctions, print-outs in bundles of paper in dumpsters or telephone patch cables in bathrooms.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I hate to be a negative nancy here, but it won't be enough to bring down his Presidency until there's not a Democratic majority in the Senate. It doesn't matter what he does; half the Dems and maybe even some of the Republicans probably agree with him doing it.

After seeing the way that hard leftists talk about the Tea Party, some even going so far as to call them terrorists, I don't really think that the Dems care that much if he targeted them.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

I hate to be a negative nancy here, but it won't be enough to bring down his Presidency until there's not a Democratic majority in the Senate.

*67* will send 'em to Heaven.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
How is this going to change anything, when the evidence has been destroyed?

Cover-ups get discovered, but key evidence goes missing, witnesses die or fall down and suffer selective memory loss, or a panel of 'experts' has to be formed to investigate whether or not there's enough evidence to warrant an investigation- then they have to investigate the investigative committee for wrong-doing and falsifying information....

Forgive me for being cynical, but we've been watching this show for years, and the present administration is beginning to almost make nixon look like an honest president.....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure why everyone is saying nothing will come of this. Even if the guy doesn't get the boot from the White House he will need to lay low and will at minimum be shamed before the nation. History books always remember the deceitful things presidents have engaged in. His reputation is destroyed and the remainder of his presidency will be carried out in a court of law. And there doesn't have to be hard evidence. Circumstantial is enough to convict people every day in America.
edit on 29-6-2014 by Dianec because: Didn't understand a word of last sentence.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sorry, a made up pseudo scandal won't be doing anything to the president.

Keep trying though. Maybe someday you'll find a real scandal to latch onto like salivating hound dogs.
edit on 29-6-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

U.S. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has confirmed the seriousness of the IRS Tea Party target scandal that has made utter fools out of high officials connected with the IRS activities.

She says this could easily bring down the Obama Presidency !!

Friday on Fox News Channel's "On The Record," Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) told host Greta Van Susteren that the Obama administration's actions in the IRS scandal could be "big enough it could bring down the presidency."

The outgoing-Minnesota congresswoman and former tax law attorney said, "Well, there is no question this is a scandal. It's a scandal of epic proportions. Big enough it could bring down the presidency. The only thing that's phony are all of the denials coming out of the White House."

IRS Guilty -- Confirmed.

www.youtube.com...

(Tries to keep a straight face)
Michelle Bachmann???? Is that the best you can come up with? Are you ok, old fox? You're not ill or anything are you? Because that's below your usual standards.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Michele Bachmann's educated and experienced opinion is good enough for me 100%"
This is the problem with republicans. You are blind to the horrors of your party.
The woman is a nightmare.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Obama is bullet proof. Look what has transpired over the last couple of years, and the guy hasn't even broken a sweat over it. The democrats have bet the farm on this guy, and the impact of this will go beyond 2016. His spectacle surpasses his ability, and that "rock-star" stature will only increase as his presidency winds down.

His "victory lap" will make Clinton's look like a joke.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
This is the problem with republicans. You are blind to the horrors of your party.
The woman is a nightmare.

If you honestly believe that the problem is republicans, you have fallen into a Hegelian trap of creating adversaries and don't even know it.

Tag team politics is nothing but an illusion just as fake as pro-wrestling...

What we think we see is often an illusion intentionally presented, like the conjuror who would have you to believe he holds an orange in his right hand, when it is actually in his left hand. Citizens of the world, whether their sympathies are left-wing or right-wing, monarchist or republican, have been used as pawns in their game of Hegelian psychology by the hidden hand that rules. Hegelian Dialectics and Conspiracy

Even if your premise WERE correct, many Democrats would disagree:

President Barack Obama assured us earlier this year that the IRS targeting of conservatives has “not even a smidgen of corruption.” The American people, in overwhelming numbers, disagree.

According to a new Fox News poll, more than three-quarter of voters –76% — think the emails missing from the account of Lois Lerner, the ex-IRS official at the heart of the scandal, were deliberately destroyed. Broken down by parties, we find 90% of Republicans believing the emails were intentionally destroyed, 74 % of independents saying that’s the case, and fully 63% of Democrats saying Ms. Lerner’s emails were destroyed. (Only 12% of voters believe the emails were destroyed accidentally.)

In addition, nearly three-quarters of those surveyed – 74%–say lawmakers should investigate the IRS “until someone is held accountable.” (Among Democrats, 66% feel that way.)

These numbers are quite problematic for the president for several reasons. One is that the effort to dismiss this scandal as a conspiracy thought up in the fevered minds of Republicans just isn’t working.

Obama’s Effort to Dismiss IRS Scandal Backfires

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The absolute sheer IRONY of accusing someone like Michele Bachmann of creating a made up pseudo scandal while at the same time side stepping the fact that this type of organized crime would make Al Capone and the Gambino Crime Family proud.

Still, the media and Republicans in Congress are missing the larger picture. They keep thinking this scandal involves nameless, faceless Tea Party groups. That’s only the tip of the iceberg. That’s what Obama hopes we all think. This “IRS targeted the Tea Party” is the distraction to make us miss the real scandal. Congress needs to expand this investigation.

The real scandal is that this was a widespread criminal conspiracy by the Obama White House to use the IRS to target, persecute, intimidate and silence Obama’s critics and political opposition.

And I believe I personally have the smoking gun to tie the Obama White House to this scandal.

The second of Nixon’s Articles of Impeachment was for the crime of using the IRS to punish his political opponents. The difference is that Barack Obama’s IRS scandal makes Richard Nixon look like a minor league rookie.

There is a clear pattern of a criminal conspiracy here. The only question is can Obama be connected? If he can, this becomes the biggest scandal in modern U.S. political history.

I Have the Smoking Gun in Obama’s IRS Scandal

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Is Bachmann crazy? This will not bring down the Obama admin. He will remain in office until his replacement takes over.

I believe there may be something to this IRS garbage, but Bachmann knows Obama is safe and is only running here mouth to get the Right-wing zombies riled-up.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

please tell me you were having a laugh just now...

Bachmann is an idiot...she makes Dan Quayle, and George W. Bush look like absolute geniuses...

as much as it pains me to say this, if the revelation that Chris Christie was withholding Sandy recovery funds from towns who's mayors had pissed him off, was not enough to utterly obliterate his political aspirations, then this is not enough to bring down Obama...

new topics

top topics

join