It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Babylon, no longer a "mystery".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The question regarding the identity of "Mystery Babylon" has haunted christian scholars for generation after generation. Some say its the Vatican, Rome, Jerusalem even...or maybe New York City, perhaps even Babylon itself. The elusive "Mystery of Babylon" almost becomes a one-size-fits-all label depending on the beholder's perspective.

But today, Im not going to tell you what I think Mystery Babylon is, but rather what the bible reveals it to be. Read the following, and try to figure it out yourself:

Rev 18:7-8 for she says in her heart, ‘I SIT as A QUEEN AND I AM NOT A WIDOW, and will never see mourning.’ 8 “For this reason in one day her plagues will come, pestilence and mourning and famine, and she will be burned up with fire; for the Lord God who judges her is strong.

The above text describe's Babylon's attitude leading up to her destruction. Now compare the poetic diction to that of Isaiah's:

Isaiah 47:7-9 7 “Yet you said, ‘I will be a queen forever.’ These things you did not consider Nor remember the outcome of them. 8 “Now, then, hear this, you sensual one, Who dwells securely, Who says in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one besides me. I will not sit as a widow, Nor know loss of children.’ 9 “But these two things will come on you suddenly in one day: Loss of children and widowhood. They will come on you in full measure In spite of your many sorceries, In spite of the great power of you

This verse describes ancient Babylon just before her fall. Its very similar to Rev 18. Now look at Zephanaiah:

Zeph 2:13-1513 And He will stretch out His hand against the north And destroy Assyria, And He will make Nineveh a desolation, Parched like the wilderness. 14 Flocks will lie down in her midst, All beasts which range in herds; Both the pelican and the hedgehog Will lodge in the tops of her pillars; Birds will sing in the window, Desolation will be on the threshold; For He has laid bare the cedar work. 15 This is the exultant city Which dwells securely, Who says in her heart, “I am, and there is no one besides me.” How she has become a desolation, A resting place for beasts! Everyone who passes by her will hiss And wave his hand in contempt.

If you havent figured it out yet, the spoiler comes now.

The elusively mysterious city of "Babylon" is indeed none other than Nineveh. If you take the entire book of Zephaniah by its context, you can place its setting at the Day of the Lord. This is the day that Jesus will return to deliver the remnant of believing Israel and His gentile believers from total destruction. Therefore, we know that the Mystery Babylon in Revelation is actually Nineveh. All this time wasted on wild speculation when the answer was in Zephanaiah the whole time. I stumbled on it two nights ago by accident, though I like to think the Holy Spirit guided me to that passage.

Why Nineveh? Why did John call it Babylon and quote Isaiah's prophecy against ancient Babylon? Why not call it by its name, Nineveh?

I believe the answer to this poetic riddle is meant as yet another hint as to who the Beast really is. I believe the Beast/Antichrist is none other than Nimrod himself. He was the founding father of Nineveh, Calah, and Babel. From these cities, arose the Babylonian Empire and the Assyriah Empire...both of which took God's chosen people into slavery. Nimrod (the nephilim king) is Apollyon: the "Angel of the Abyss" who bares the "number of a man" (666). He is the Angel-man, the first of 7 Kings who will be the 8th, the Assyrian of Micah 5:5, and the 'seed of the serpent' from Genesis 3. Nimrod and his kingdom is the dragon with the healed wound.

I find it interesting that the "terrorist group" known as ISIS/ISIL just recently took control of Mosul and Qaraqosh, which covers the area of Nineveh. Just a thought...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's a funny thing about the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 47:7-9 7 “Yet you said, ‘I will be a queen forever.’ These things you did not consider Nor remember the outcome of them. 8 “Now, then, hear this, you sensual one, Who dwells securely, Who says in your heart, ‘I am, and there is no one besides me. I will not sit as a widow, Nor know loss of children.’ 9 “But these two things will come on you suddenly in one day: Loss of children and widowhood. They will come on you in full measure In spite of your many sorceries, In spite of the great power of you

As soon as I read this, I instantly thought of ISIS. I was quite hesitate to read further too, knowing you probably thought the same thing as well.

Now that's really interesting. I hope you keep spreading your message OP. God needs you now more than ever, and I wish I could provide more but I'm doing every little I can to make a difference whenever possible. But Sloth and among other sins often keep distracting me from the goal.

Jesus forgive me. I honestly never had more faith than I did in my entire life than these past two weeks. I'm sure that is not happening without reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

Thanks, I was actually trying to analyze the syllable metering of Zephaniah when I made the discovery. I found that some of the Hebrew prophecies in the OT are written in syntactical paragraphs who's syllables are divisible by 7. Its a work in progress, but with only a month's worth of Hebrew grammar, anyone should be able to do it.

I believe that Jesus is returning for the Rapture on 9/16/2016, then He will return to earth on a day/hour that no one knows, for His elect in mid september of 2023. I dont know that this is 100% true yet, but it does serve as motivation for my work. Look here for why I believe that: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just remember, 1John 1:9: Confess your known sins to the Father when needed, and move on. As long as you confess your sins, you are filled with the Holy Spirit, and you are in fellowship with Yehwah Elohim, our Father.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Your analysis of great fictional works is interesting, now do Tom Sawyer.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Now you stop that, Abe. Let a person believe as they wish. You wouldn't like it if someone made. a snarky reply to your opinion on the subject matter. The OP is as correct in their beliefs as you are in yours.

If something makes one feel happy and have hope, why take that feeling from them? Why diminish someone's happiness and peace? There's not enough of it out there. Don't take it or mock another for what gives them happiness. Shame on you. Both of your opinions are valid else you'd not have them..... but please respect another person's opinion.

that's the reason most wars are fought and why humans can't get along in peace. Not Many know how vital opinions are. "To each his own." We would do well as a whole to remember and live that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Your analysis of great fictional works is interesting, now do Tom Sawyer.

Everyone jokes around and sometimes I joke around also, but to actually believe that the bible is a complete work of fiction is an ignorant assessment to say the least.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
A case can also be made for Dubai.

Dubai: a Case for Mystery Babylon

Dubai a city in the desert by the sea

Rev 17:5 “MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”
In Revelation 17:18 we learn that Mystery Babylon the Great is a city that exists at the same time as the final gentile world empire (or the New World Order). Mystery isn’t a Greek word translated into English. It is a Greek word simply said in English. Mustērion means something that was not previously known. However, in its time it will become known or understood. So, Mystery Babylon probably isn’t the original city of Babylon. However, it does have the same characteristics. In Genesis 11 we learn about the founding of the original city of Babylon.

hightimetoawake.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Just to correct one important point, the number Six threescore and six is the number of A man (singular) which is the beast and not the number of Man, the number of man was Seven threescore and Seven which is the number of man, don't ask you would not believe me but let's say the book has changed since approximately 1993 and whom has changed it no matter how powerful to affect the world will be destroyed for there transgression and as was writen man shall still overcome the beast and the kingdom of the beast and all the power of the dragon.
Do you remember that little horrible neo nazi in south africa whom went by the title The Boer (eugene terrablanche) and was the leader of the white seperatist movement whom wanted an independant Boer republic when appartheid was due to be abolished, his troop of clown's whom marched around dressed like neo nazi's in khaki and with a three legged swastica otherwise identical to the nazi flag but they said it was Seven Seven Seven ( A mistranslation of Seven Threescore and Seven ), do you remember the news at the time in the 1980's when he gave a speack to the interviewer claiming from his twisted and wrong interpretation of the bible at the time that White man was Seven seven seven and the black men were six six six and so trying to justify his evil fascist group, no well sorry not many people are immune to the changes and when they happen it makes them Ill but they also remember the supporting evidence even when it no longer exists.

And I shall give unto him that overcometh the Rod of Iron as My father gave unto me and he shall govern all nations smashing them as pot sherds ( only the house of the lamb with withstand as it is built upon the rock and mortered with his living blood ).

It is not Ninevah for where is the sea that surround's it on all sides and the ships that shall mourn for it.
edit on 29-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I find it interesting that the "terrorist group" known as ISIS/ISIL just recently took control of Mosul and Qaraqosh, which covers the area of Nineveh. Just a thought...

I'm not sure if you think that's interesting for the same reason I do but, just in case you don't know, there's more to that.

The etymology of "Nineveh" is often associated with the goddess Ninurta (as in the "Seat of Ninurta"). Ninurta is Ishtar's mother. Ishtar is the Babylonian analog of Isis according to many (in fact, I revere Isis, Ishtar, and Inanna all as essentially the same in my practice).

Nineveh being the "mother of Isis" is the same as the region being the birthplace of ISIS (the group). The unfortunate comparison is unfair given the ideology behind the group ISIS and how they would immediately behead anybody who worships any goddess.

This may already be why you think that's significant but I thought I would mention it in case you didn't know.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Looks like their plan is falling into place perfectly. Some people may see this as prophecy being fulfilled but I see it as self-fulfilling prophecy. The blueprints are there for them to draw their plan from, all they have to do is make the connections fit together. The bible and its prophecies are no more than a guide for those in power at any time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

. . . the number Six threescore and six . . .
I was watching an anime series on Hulu called Tide-Line Blue, and two main characters are engaged in a gambling game involving the use of three six-sided dice.
One guy gets three six's, and the other one gets three one's, which somehow beats the three six's.
I looked up three dice Japanese in Google and got a Wikipedia article on Cee-lo. (it isn't that, because in Cee-lo, you roll multiple times to get a certain combination, where in the movie, each person only rolls once)
I just thought it was funny, the trinity beats the 666.

The Greek word for man in Revelation 13:18 is, anthrōpou, with is singular because it means mankind.
So John is saying, You can figure out the name of the Beast because it is a human number.
I think that it means that:
Even though the Dragon who gives its power to the Beast is spiritual,

"The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority." (13:2)

the Beast itself is very much material.

"It opened its mouth to blaspheme God, and to slander his name and his dwelling place and those who live in heaven." (13:6)
edit on 29-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Before i even read any responses i have to say that you were guided and you are right. However there is a current physical manifestation of all this somewhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Looks like their plan is falling into place perfectly. Some people may see this as prophecy being fulfilled but I see it as self-fulfilling prophecy. The blueprints are there for them to draw their plan from, all they have to do is make the connections fit together. The bible and its prophecies are no more than a guide for those in power at any time.
You may remember some threads of mine where i was telling that i met jesus and was brought back to life by him. Surprisingly the place this happened is a community called ninevah. No that means nothing unless one knows that my words were true.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Intriguing and well written.

May I offer some food for thought?

Mystery Babylon is not a place, it's a paradigm. It means all cities. For whatever reason, humanity is tasked with seeking emancipation and justice by engaging in city building and all that comes with it, That's why no one here gets out alive til everyone gets it.

It's cities, not a city.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You are correct, I meant to say 'number of a man'. Im not familiar with the rest of your post, but I will say that Nineveh sits next to the Tigris river. In ancient times, the Tigris served as a trade route...Im sure it probably empties into the ocean.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: sarra1833
Deny Ignorance.

Yes ... Deny Ignorance ... IN THE RIGHT FORUM!

Here is why you didn't do that ...

ALL MEMBERS READ - Moving Past Religion 101 and Staying on Topic

The Faith, Religion, and Theology forum exists as a place for member to discuss three important items.

Faith - Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
Religion - A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
Theology - The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.

Venturing into this forum and participating in these discussions implies that you are interested in these topics. Of course you may have accidentally stumbled into this forum unaware, but now that you're read the above definitions, you can't claim ignorance.

Some of the topics in this forum will most certainly deal with the existence of God. Does God really exist? While this is a worthwhile topic many members wish to move past this introductory theme, past Religion 101, and would like to dive into deeper topic of religion and faith.

Please do not interject into deeper religious topics the question of the reality of a higher being? Unless stated in the topic, we are assuming in this forum that we've moved on past that point. Imagine discussing algebra while someone keeps interjecting that they still don’t believe in addition. The very reason that classes such as these have prerequisites is so new ground can be covered in the subject.

You actions in this thread are unacceptable!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This wont mean any thing to you now, but it might in the near future:

The events of the Tribulation can not happen during the Church Age (present). What we are seeing in the Middle East today are preparations for the next dispensation. So things like ISIS and 1948-Israel look like "self fulfilling prophecies", because the are not prophecies at all, they are globalist conspiracies.

Believe it or not, the Rapture IS the next prophecy to be fulfilled. When it happens, it will kick off a 7 year chain re-action of prophecies to follow. If you can recognize the Rapture when it happens, the REAL prophecies will be unmistakable.

When is the Rapture to occur? Im pretty sure 9/16/2016, but Im still trying to prove that. I do know, that whenever it happens, it must be on September 16/17th (180th day after the vernal equinox), for that is TRUE Yowm Teruah.

The "no man knows the day or hour" concept does not apply to the Rapture, but Jesus' return to earth at the end of the Tribulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I believe it is Nimrod as well. I have been reading up on this, and have watched some pretty good videos. Look up Rob Skiba. He has a lot of videos out talking about Nimrod/Apollo. Very,very interesting stuff. And to top it off, they have found his grave!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Babylon will be the kingdom of god when the minds of men come together as one and unite for one benevolent purpose. Babylon shall then be born.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join