It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-rich man's letter: "To My Fellow Filthy Rich Americans: The Pitchforks Are Coming"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
If anyone believes that the system will be taken down by a bunch of pitchforks, you better think again. This isn't the early 20th century after all. It's not as if they are not in control of the most powerful military in world, and without that military behind any movement, taking action would be nothing short of suicidal.

For someone who just wrote an essay on this, I am surprised one did not realize that 'pitchfork' was not meant to be taken literally. Do not forget that those in the military who fire the big guns are all in the 99.9% crowd. Do not be so naive to think the will take orders from the upper echelon to fire on their friends and family.

I posted this article on another site and the response I got immediately was alarming. The poster is in his 60's, a Tort lawyer, and makes a little over 100k a year:

Complete nonsense. Most people don't give a damn about inequality. This is a phony crisis manufactured by the PiC in an effort to shift the blame for the horrible economy from himself to the "evil rich." Most of the public aren't buying it. The exception are the progs, who will buy pretty much anything the PiC says. Moreover, the poor in this country aren't exactly suffering. They would be upper middle class in most of the world. Soooo ... no pitchforks

It amazes me that someone can be successful yet so far off the mark that it is dangerous. There are many others in the $50K+ income range who share this view. The sad thing is they are the ones getting squeezed the most by the gap of wealth, yet they have been manipulated to blame Obama or 'welfare queens' for the economy's problems.
edit on 29-6-2014 by jrod because: add

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KarensHoliday

I read the article and came away with a bit different perspective. I feel that he was smart enough to surround himself with the right "friends" at the right time. He also grew up in a family with a "business" and not everyone is that fortunate, not to mention that it's really difficult to start a business in this economy.

As far as what he "sees" on the horizon, I for one hope there is a revolution. A peaceful one, but a revolution none the less. Obama has left a lot of us with nothing but change, as in nickels and dimes. Let's hope the next person the USA elects for president is someone who will actually do SOMETHING to get this economy turned around and get the gov out of everyone's business, personal and professional.

Hope it made him feel better to get that off his chest, all that rich white guilt. However, I bet his other 0.01%er's were laughing all the way to their third homes, on their yachts, right after they got off their private plane.

edit on 29-6-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

For someone who just wrote an essay on this, I am surprised one did not realize that 'pitchfork' was not meant to be taken literally.

Why assume that I do jrod? I fully understand what he is saying, but then again my point still stands because it makes no difference if it's a rifle, or a pitchfork, it still would be suicidal without them on your side.

Do not forget that those in the military who fire the big guns are all in the 99.9% crowd. Do not be so naive to think the will take orders from the upper echelon to fire on their friends and family.

Who said that they would fire on their own friends and families? I said it would be pointless without the U.S Military joining any movement. I never gave my opinion on what, or what they would not do. It's easy to make assumptions after reading an "essay" my friend, so I am sure you just misunderstood me. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18089506]jrod
It amazes me that someone can be successful yet so far off the mark that it is dangerous. There are many others in the $50K+ income range who share this view. The sad thing is they are the ones getting squeezed the most by the gap of wealth, yet they have been manipulated to blame Obama or 'welfare queens' for the economy's problems.

Missed your edit with my last response. Yeah I agree with that. Course Obama has made things worse in my opinion, but both sides are into the game. The nanny state without a doubt is growing as well. That is another discussion I guess, but I do understand your point about some people not being in touch with reality. Folks are without a doubt suffering out there. ~$heopleNation
edit on 29-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

The Nanny State....I think it is a result of the gap of wealth. It serves to keep us peasants in line and not question authority...at least some of us.

I am alarmed by this gap of wealth and even more alarmed that so many have been manipulated to blame the lower class and the 'welfare state' on the problems our economy faces.
edit on 29-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, I hardly post, but this sure caught my eye and I think I may have something to offer for consideration. First, I'm glad they're concerned. They should be. Many feel the problem is historically systemic and that's what has to change. For example, Columbus served the Spanish monarchy and was in search of gold for their gain. He was promised 10% of the wealth he brought back to them. He enslaved and killed the indigenous people to the extent of genocide on the island of what is now Haiti. Not so much has changed today. Currently, we're dealing with indigenous people from Central America fleeing to America. Through programs like NAFTA and later CAFTA, that took away jobs here in the US, the elite in Central America profit but will not pay workers a sustainable income. They are left vulnerable to the cartels, via the gangs, who try to force people to join them, with horrific consequences if they do not. And of course, American's buy the drug products. Now we're talking funding for security down there. Who benefits from that? Companies like Haliburton? So what I'm saying is that this power structure serving the wealthy elite has been around for a long, long time at the expense of people, everywhere and that's what needs to change. Their response to the poor and middle class reminds me of the quote attributed (but contested) to Marie Antoinette in regard to the suffering of the French people at the time: "Let them eat cake." They of course, took her head. The partisans on the left and right spew so much hate and confusion into the mix that many people do not trust either side while both gain by exploiting, if not creating events that affect us. What can we do about it? How about employee owned businesses that operate on consensus instead of the common model based on hierarchy (which is interestingly, hardly democratic). As for me, I see both parties as part of the same empire and will vote "none of the above," following the leading outcome of the recent primary in Nevada. reply to: KarensHoliday

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kubacs

I'm glad you posted here.

? How about employee owned businesses that operate on consensus instead of the common model based on hierarchy (which is interestingly, hardly democratic). As for me, I see both parties as part of the same empire and will vote "none of the above," following the leading outcome of the recent primary in Nevada.

Yes. Exactly. Show up to vote, and write in: They all suck.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The Nanny State....I think it is a result of the gap of wealth. It serves to keep us peasants in line and not question authority...at least some of us.

I respect your opinion, Maybe so, but there will always be the fortunate, and less fortunate. Nowhere in history has it ever been different as far as I know. Even in a tribe, there are families with a bigger hut, and who own more fruit trees. Did you know in ancient Tibet, those with the largest Apricot orchards were considered the most wealthy? I always found that interesting.

The thing is jrod, and I don't know if you have your own ideas for a solution, is that even when revolutions occur, within a decade it's back to business as usual. Basically you just eventually end up with a new group of greedy assholes in control. You only need look at the Bolshevik Revolution to see my point. The Russians traded one tyranny for another tyranny. In fact, after the Bolshevik Revolution, one could easily argue that it was a much worse society. You could be eliminated, or sent to a slave labor camp up in Siberia by the Government for no reason whatsoever.

The question remains if Russia today benefited from that Revolution. I mean, The Soviet Union did collapse after all. I've often wondered what would have happened had The Bolshevik Revolution not occurred. I have pondered this, would Hitler still have launched operation Barbarossa? Would the Tsar have conceded? Or would he have been able to launch a defensive and offensive war against The Third Reich? Or would Russia have been defeated? Going a little off subject here, sorry but it is connected to a possible collapse discussion.

I am alarmed by this gap of wealth and even more alarmed that so many have been manipulated to blame the lower class and the 'welfare state' on the problems our economy faces.

Well I think the Politicians who drive these suicidal policies are the ones truly to blame. To me, more jobs are more important than more hand outs. That is just me though. That is what causes the wealth gap, not having the ability to make a decent living. Like I said though, there will always be a wealth gap, the question is, what is a reasonable gap for humanity overall? ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KarensHoliday

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

I read this earlier and he brings up a great point. The stats for the growth are staggering as well. My question is how can we avoid it, how can we sway the ultra rich to willing reduce their accumulated wealth and accept a smaller percentage of their profits.

The majority won't be swayed by anything other than their self-interest. So it is important to somehow get these people to realize that their own personal interests, and the preservation of their wealth, demands a less brittle system.

They will be swayed... by pitchforks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18087453]olaru12[/post

edit on 29-6-2014 by robbo961 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Pitchforks?

Soon there will be private armies guarding the gated communities and places like the Hamptons.
Restricted access on public roads, checkpoints, searches and lots of private prisons for the malcontents.

Err... it's a metaphor for violent rebellion

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This was addressed in the man's memo.

Did you read all of it?

Or just what the OP copy and pasted?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This was addressed in the man's memo.

Did you read all of it?

Or just what the OP copy and pasted?

Originally, Just what the OP copy and pasted, but I have read it all since mentioning the Russian Revolution. So I guess I was not drifting off of topic after all.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Growing up, I remember hearing about the evils of Communist Russia and how Communism does not work because eventually you have everyone poor except the government and their cronies where the wealth is concentrated. It was said in a time when we had a growing Middle Class. We are that Russia now.

The majority of the wealth held in this country is by those invested in the Too Big To Fail Financial Firms backed by Washington DC that also is filled with Bankers playing politician.

Funny how things change where now it is acceptable to be headed in the same direction if not already there with the top elite cheering it on, with this guy being one of the exceptions.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am not going to say I have the answer, but I will tell you part of the problem.

One is simply the views of some of these capitalists - they think more wealth, upon the more than enough wealth they already have is going to bring happiness. Here in New York City for example, with the wealthiest people on the planet, they cannot even bother to fix the roads. Some of the roads here are like in the third world. The FDR drive for example has not been properly repaired in decades and will damage your kidneys. So here are these super wealthy people in these super amazing cars, driving over crappy roads everyday. What quality of life is that? What is even the point of buying those cars? In like manner while having pristine luggage and clothes, they endure all sorts of difficulties associated with a broken down world. What sort of luxury is that? What luxury is there when you are surrounded by miserable people? I think they would benefit much more from a healthy thriving culture. People living in a healthy culture produce better stuff, and bring a positive mood and feeling to the atmosphere. Who wants to live amongst miserable people? What luxury is that?

---

Another part of the problem is what comes due to this combination of Corporatization, accumulation of wealth, and industrialization.

Backed by accumulated wealth, corporations are formed, selling goods made by (at least partially) automated facilities. More wealth is accumulated by those who already have more than enough, leasing/rental of business real estate goes up.. Chance of anyone competing against corporations go down. Chance of anyone establishing a business (not with massive accumulated wealth; not corporatized) goes down. Nobody can afford the rent, or to compete with the price of cheaply made goods. So thus - the disappearance of the possibility of all sorts of interesting businesses and products. The wealth gobbling 'corporate' monsters eat up everything, leaving no chance, with no regard for the well being of our culture. But of course, corporations are people, so the problem is - *people* with no regard for the well being of our culture (if they even know what a healthy culture is..).

A healthy living system should reward those which have value, and not those that are detrimental.
edit on 29-6-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Nice to see a 1 percenter GET IT. And he is absolutely right to warn his fellow wealth hoarders of the reality of this unsustainable situation.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The gap in the US's wealth is the largest now than it has ever has been.

I do not think I need we need a history lesson again. Large gaps of inequalities lead to revolution and war.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This article is significant because he's not some ranting hillbilly in a trailor park somewhere...

Would you move on without even considering his statement, if he were?
I'll have you know there are many, many "hillbillies" who have become great people in our country! Two of whom became U.S. Presidents! Dolly Parton has done so much good for people, I can't even begin to tell you. Then we have some famous Opera stars, like Grace Moore, that were born as a "hillbilly". And the list goes on and on, if you do your research.

Stereotyping people gets my blood to boiling!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Any person that can see outside their own little bubble world, that our current systems can not be sustained as they are. He is just a rich guy who see's and admits it publicly.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The only issue with this guy is this: these people likely have escape routs plotted and planned just in case the natives finally get fed up enough then go out and start attacking the elite. Like in the French revolution

HEADS START ROLLING

They have gaited communities, private police, there own banks, etc., and many speculate underground sanctuaries.

The truth of the matter is that these greedy people are going to mess up a good thing.

The American way of life that started in the 50’s and 60’s before the Reagan tax cuts for the rich.

In that period where the great highway system was built, the American economy went skyrocketing to heights unknown.

Why?

Because the tax system was fair and the rich and super rich were taxed enough so the infrastructure could build and grow. And we had enough revenue to build.

And the rich weren’t coddled as much as they are now because of GOP actions and what Reagan did.

To start solutions:

Bring back Glass Steegle

Bring back the tax rates before Reagan

Have a national Jobs program

And a reinvestment in the national infrastructure.

That's just a start

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join