It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Countries Near Syria, Widespread Fear About the Spread of Violence, Extremists {PEW research}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
From

www.pewresearch.org...

. . .

Middle East worries about spreading violence and a possible triumph by extremists in Syria have been evident in Pew Research surveys the past two years. A 2013 poll found that roughly three-quarters or more of the public in Lebanon, Tunisia, Jordan, Israel, Egypt and the Palestinian territories were concerned that the ongoing Syrian conflict would destabilize nearby countries. (The Pew Research Center did not poll in Iraq.)

Worries about spillover violence have been most pronounced in Lebanon, which borders Syria and has taken in a majority of Syrian refugees, many of them children. In Lebanon last year, nine-in-ten said they feared that the conflict between the Assad government and rebels would spill over into other countries. Even more Lebanese (95%) worried that their own country would be affected, with at least six-in-ten among the nation’s Christian, Sunni and Shia communities very concerned about this risk.

. . .

Outside Lebanon, concern that extremists will take control of Syria is greatest in Israel (82%) and Jordan (76%). The Turkish public again is somewhat less worried than its neighbors about events in Syria: only about half (49%) worry that extremists will emerge victorious from the battle with Bashar al-Assad’s government.

. . .

I'm still more mystified and confused by the complex convoluted forces involved on such scores.

I'm curious what ATSers predict on such scores.

1. Who's going to end up on top in which countries?

2. How likely is it that a major combination of what countries are likely to merge and begin a new Caliphate?

3. How likely is it that the puppet masters are directing such forces in a micro-management way vs winding them up and turning them loose?

4. If Syria, Turkey, Iraq etc. are merged into a new Caliphate type nation . . . is there any doubt that such a nation would be led by violent Jihadi's determined to spread their rule as far and wide as possible?

5. Some seem to think of ISIS as a rag tag group of 3 Stooges types. Others see them as a well organized and well funded fiercely emotional; fiercely intense; fiercely dedicated bunch of Muslims DETERMINED to spread THEIR VERSION of Islam over the whole planet. Which side to you come down on, on such scores?

6. If you were President of the USA and were independent of the globalist puppet masters, what would you do in this situation and why?

7. As you contemplate such news items . . .

--is it an idle interest?

--is it a worrisome interest you are concerned will mushroom into dreadful impact on the whole world?

--is it a moderate concern?

--what?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

concerned that the ongoing Syrian conflict would destabilize nearby countries.

The influx of arms destabilized the Middle East. Now that we are here, it seems hardly just to blame one of the victims of war for more war.

Kind of like blaming a forest fire on the trees, isn't it?

My biggest "concern" is blowback. The west will reap what it sows.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sounds more than plausible, to me.

But I think the PTB have ENGINEERED it that way.

. . . given that they have their underground cities to hide out in while the fallout etc. blows over, dissipates, . . . the starving, bio-engineered, nuked hoards die off etc. etc. etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I'm not sure they want to survive. They are fatalists as a rule. Making things so bad they need to retreat to bunkers has precedent you know.

Adolf Hitler did just that. Refusing his armies to retreat, demanding they scorch the earth as they did, then hiding in a bunker even as Soviet shells rained down overhead, shaking dust from the ceiling.

From there he was reported to have poured over maps (as usual) of the shrinking perimeter of Berlin itself, moving false armies around, radioing his last vestiges of defense about how to proceed. The man was in total denial about his predicament. His attitude was that if Germany can't defend itself then it should perish with him.

In the end, rather than face the world he chose suicide.

That kind of megalomaniacal, delusional behavior would apply to the same sorts of scenarios today. Notice how we invade a country and refuse to leave? Notice how policies of WMD and Humanitarian claims seem weak as justification but are promoted over and again ?

I'm not saying we are run by Hitlers, I'm suggesting the kind of character that does these world conquering episodes now and again are of the same ilk. If not the same spirit.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

That kind of megalomaniacal, delusional behavior would apply to the same sorts of scenarios today. Notice how we invade a country and refuse to leave? Notice how policies of WMD and Humanitarian claims seem weak as justification but are promoted over and again ?

I'm not saying we are run by Hitlers, I'm suggesting the kind of character that does these world conquering episodes now and again are of the same ilk. If not the same spirit.

Great points in your post.

I'd say the oligarchy is ran by folks worse than Hitler.

Thinking of; strategizing to; planning to; being eager to; beginning to genocidally murder all but 200-500 million global citizens is . . . mind bogglingly evil . . . demonized beyond average possession.

. . . the same spirit . . . or worse . . . indeed.

Thx for your kind post.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Thanks for letting me share. You can see from others response (as in no response) these are not popular opinions. Besides making me a pariah on ATS, kind of telling overall.

Ees okayuh, I expect that. Thats why I am grateful to you for letting me respond and prodding me to share, otherwise I have trouble with that, knowing full well the kind of hazing it generally promotes.

Now its out there for others to scoff at.

See ya round, BO XIAN

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Hey, I'm quite familiar with the pariah role. LOL.

Thanks for your contributions. If you have other insights related to the OP, please return to the thread.

top topics

join