It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sunni-Shia Divide: Where they live, What they Believe & How They View Each Other {PEW Research C

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I think they'd do that in a flash.

I think they'd figure they can build a grander one on the ashes.

Or they think the Mahdi would come forth and magically erect a better one.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Not sure what your focus is with that.

Certainly the Gulf oil disaster is an example of gross irresponsibility of deadly proportions . . . along with Fukushima . . .

But the oligarchy has never cared that much about deaths of the sheeple, the serfs and slaves.

. . . except to increase markedly the number of deaths as soon as they could get away with it under various ruses.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Yet, God has ALWAYS HAD A REMNANT THAT WAS FAITHFUL . . . as He told the prophet--He yet had 7,000 prophets who had not bowed the knee to Baal . . . when the prophet thought he was the only one left.

There are reportedly even a number of Orthodox Rabbi's in Israel who passionately yet secretly worship Yeshua as their true Messiah.

And there was that 107 year old most famous one who left the coded message affirming his knowledge that Yeshua was the true Messiah.

Even in apostate Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will insure His faithful ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
I don't know if Muslims in the Middle East would attack Israel for fear of damaging the Dome of The Rock.Any thoughts on this?

It would not surprise me if Israel instigated an attack and blew the Dome up themselves blaming the attackers.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

And here we go again.. Though I can agree that the Western sponsored extremists are working for the devil, I cannot agree that the Mahdi is going to be the leader of this group of fanatics. Again, Islam has it's version of the Antichrist also and in no way is it explaining the Mahdi.

Islam gives some very interesting clues as to where the Antichrist will come from

- It is an Island about a Months journey by sea from Arabia.

- There are spies on that Island (Jassassah is the name of this entity)

- There is a destroyed Monastery on that Island where the Antichrist is Chained with his hands next to his neck and up to his knees.

The Antichrist also gives signs of the time he will be here. The following is one of them.

- The Sea of Galilee will dry up

Mahdi will not be in a Destroyed Christian Monastery chained up, that's for sure. It seems as though the Islamic perspective points the finger at the Western world and looking at the Godless Western world I believe they are spot on.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Think what most Westerners don't understand is that before 1918 all these Muslim Countries where 1 country under the Ottoman Empire from about 1299 to 1918. The current map was drawn up by Westerners.

So these guys don't view national borders as a Westerner would cause they didn't have any for 500 years - that's why these guys jump from country to country and have families spread all over the region it's their history - think if Western politicians & military understood that fact it might help them on how to deal with the Mid-East.
imo

You also have to consider that the religion and government are the same thing. Islam IS a governing system. When they say "Umma" they mean it. Secular countries and boundaries are secondary I think to the religious ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So let me first say Sunni-Shia is nowadays a keyword for colonialism. Media are focusing on this issue and you know how they work. Divide and Conquer. I see it the continuation of idea of "Great Middle East" which is the essential axis of new world order.
More over Media are laying. Assad belongs to Baath party of Syria. They are secular. As you know people of Syria elected Assad while most of population of Syria is Sunni not Shia. This shows that the point is not a Sunni Shia conflict !
Yes one can not ignore the political gaps or incompleteness and shortcomings in the middle east. Of course there were political problems in Syria. But it became an excuse for actions against Syria itself. People of Syria know this.
However muslims always suffered from monarchies of middle east. And the religion of monarchies are power and money, nothing else.
Iran also supports groups in Palestine. In Gaza. Hamas is not Shia ! This is not a difficult issue. I remember Leader of Iran himself said vividly that
"We will continue to support any nation or group that fights or confronts the Zionist regime of Israel and we are not afraid of saying this --www.presstv.ir..."
So you see that middle east feels a common threat from weird enemies. An odd enthusiasm for digging middle east. From ISIL to Israel regime to foreign powers and monarchies of middle east like Saud or Jordan and ...
It is odd ! What is hidden in the middle east !!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2

Hmmmm . . .

You make many interesting and plausible points.

Certainly POWER, CONQUEST, !!!CONTROL!!!

are major themes of Islam and of the globalist oligarchy . . . and of many "leaders" in the region.

ponder ponder pondering

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The problem is not scriptures
The problem is not prophecy
The problem is not the antichrist.

The problem is the leader of this group Al Bagdhadi has bachelor,masters and doctorate level qualifications in Islamic studies and knows more than you or I ever will about Islamic Eschatology and could no doubt bedazzle either of us with bs let alone the ignorant uneducated masses of the region.This is the danger that this man is emminately qualified to pervert the religion to his own ends plus he claims to be a direct descendant of Mohammed,the west ignores this man at its own risk,his last words before his release in 2009 were,'see you in New York'.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

The problem is not scriptures
The problem is not prophecy
The problem is not the antichrist.

Really? I think your wrong.

The problem is the leader of this group Al Bagdhadi has bachelor,masters and doctorate level qualifications in Islamic studies and knows more than you or I ever will about Islamic Eschatology and could no doubt bedazzle either of us with bs let alone the ignorant uneducated masses of the region.This is the danger that this man is emminately qualified to pervert the religion to his own ends plus he claims to be a direct descendant of Mohammed,the west ignores this man at its own risk,his last words before his release in 2009 were,'see you in New York'.

Buddy, Islamic Eschatology is something I think about on a regular basis, you could almost say that it rules my world, that's how bad it is or how good it is. This is the reason why I will not put up with lies about Islam especially lies that were invented by Western Scholars and Islamaphobes.

Al-Baghdadi is a terrorist, the Qu'ran denounces him and his minions.. When your very own religious book disowns you, you do not have one atoms worth of credibility when it comes to that subject regardless of your Phd or claims. Why do I say that? Because I have studied Islam.. I know exactly what is and isn't required in that religion. I know who is serving that religion and who isn't.

To be honest with you, the majority of so-called Muslims on the Global scene are not serving the best interests of their religion. ISIS are a disgrace to their religion. The true Muslims are the ones being slaughtered by their so-called brothers. You know, the ones caught in the crossfire, being beheaded/murdered because they wont accept a counterfeit ideology? Al-Baghdadi has contributed to that... He doesn't know squat about Islam. If he did, he wouldn't be attacking Iraq, he would be on Israel's doorstep.

Know what's funny, The USA released this guy and now it is alleged he is in control of ISIS.. The USA got that group up and running. Western sponsored Jihad is not Islamic Jihad. ISIS are not representing Islam and neither is Al Baghdadi.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

ABSOLUTELY INDEED, imho.

And bedazzle . . . is a keyword . . . particularly for the uneducated masses of the region and such countries.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Millions of Muslims disagree with your assessment and analysis.

And very very very very VERY few pontificate much at all . . . much less loudly and convincingly in very many Muslim venues . . . in agreement with you.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well then it is up to whatever group runs the show to declare this man apostate or a false messiah without leadership from them this guy will probably run amok,its time for these moderates or the true believers to stand up....but guess what Im not holding my breath,the man has just declared himself a Caliph and Im guessing all i'll hear from the Sufi's is the sound of crickets.
edit on 29-6-2014 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Are you their spokes person? Millions of Muslims wouldn't agree with your position because your position is an insult to their religion.. Now that is something I know is true.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Millions of Muslims disagree with your assessment and analysis.

And very very very very VERY few pontificate much at all . . . much less loudly and convincingly in very many Muslim venues . . . in agreement with you.

I don't know. He did say one thing I think was very telling, that most muslims (99%) would agree with:

Al-Baghdadi has contributed to that... He doesn't know squat about Islam. If he did, he wouldn't be attacking Iraq, he would be on Israel's doorstep.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join