It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War—What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Indeed war is hell and is the machination of a certain group of psychologically and morally impaired lunatics who lie and con the youth of their nation to partake in their depraved anti-human actions that invariably lead to suffering and only the profit of the few at the expense of the many.

It’s time to take hold of the social media of the world and advocate to the young, who are the unfortunate dupes who fight the wars, to STOP joining the armies of their particular country, thereby starving the swine like Dick Cheney and the madmen of ISIS, who are all older scum who probably NEVER themselves fought in any wars, but are perfectly happy in recruiting the youth of their respective nations to kill and die for their selfish fantasies.

Let’s call on social media throughout the world to advance to the youth TO CEASE AND DESIST JOINING ARMIES OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!

Imagine that, then the old fossils like Dick Cheney and the swine in ISIL wouldn't have the flower of our youth to fight their battles.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know....If the 60's couldn't bring the idea of war to its knees then I just don't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Okay, whatever Country Joe. Are you fixing to die rag?

War solves lots of "problems".

Ex. WWII

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, you have to start at the very beginning which is imparting a basic respect for people and property. So long as even one individual lacks that, you will wind up with war because all it takes is for that person to take power. And we can see that there are all too many places where the basic rights of person and property aren't respected by the governance structures of countries. So the problem is systemic and widespread, and you're going to have quite a job getting little kids to learn the everyone ought to be secure in those things.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Foreign interventionist wars are nothing short of a waste of life, but if your homeland is under attack by those who wish to rape and pillage, you wouldn't defend it? Not under any circumstances?

I think it's naive to assume we can get rid of our military and plug our ears hoping aggression will go away. It seems to be a part of the human condition, for better or worse.
edit on 28-6-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You have to end Hatred before you can think about stopping people going to War.

But yah I don't blame you for being pissed off.

I'm lucky, so I understand exactly where you're coming from.
"Lucky" meaning that I've never truly hated nor been hated.
But if I was in a position like say, my brothers or family members were killed by a particular faction, or my country was invaded, then I'm sure the hatred would boil.
-I'd be signing up.

s@f for peace.

edit on 28-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Exodus 15:3 the lord is a man of war...
Isaiah 42:13 LORD will march forth like a mighty hero; he will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
War certainly helps those with investments in all the companies that profit from war like Halliburton, Raytheon, United Tech. etc.

War is a business; dressed up in patriotism, flag waving, propaganda and pure old BS.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If it was that easy there would be no wars ..
the young also must learn HOW to think instead of being taught WHAT to think as they are now .. along with properly educated as many who end up going to war on all sides are easily influenced and manipulated due to poor /no education and not knowing how to think for themselves .. which in todays world is more important than ever as with the internet and modern media there are many psyops being used to influence people modern war is no longer limited to battlefields its everywhere .. and like it or not you are a combatant in it .. the choice is yours - do you oppose it ? or do you believe the lies and propaganda and support it ?
From there think and choose what path you will follow ..

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
Exodus 15:3 the lord is a man of war...
Isaiah 42:13 LORD will march forth like a mighty hero; he will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.

But do you have an opinion personally?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Fixing things by destroying them. The Warmongers know this is BS, the intent to destroy was the goal all along. Take a good look at current history of US in the Middle East.

Each and every country has suffered aggressive war at the hands of US and NATO and each and every one is a morass of ongoing death and destruction, infighting and killing.

That was the intent all along. The humanitarian "problem solving" was a crock for the masses to buy so they could get on with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We as humans need war it stops overpopulation and starvation. We would overpopulate the world if we didn't have war , yes its big business but its necessary. The more diseases we cure ( natures way of detering overpopulation) the more populated the world gets. Animals don't over populate due to checks and balances due to predators and such. Yes I'm drunk but as a ex marine y'all are a bunch of pansies

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Let’s call on social media throughout the world to advance to the youth TO CEASE AND DESIST JOINING ARMIES OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!

Go deeper. Ask why it's so damned hard to get a decent paying job right out of school.

Military service is quite an attractive option for the disenfranchised and financially destitute.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: slednecktx

We as humans need war it stops overpopulation and starvation.

Plagues and famine do that just fine.

We would overpopulate the world if we didn't have war , yes its big business but its necessary.

Why not death camps… orderly disposal would mean no rubble piles to clean up.

Oh wait, the Germans tried that.

We don't need death camps anyway, we have B52's.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I wasn't disenfranchised I joined because I felt it was my duty. Every generation of my family has served in the military for 100 years. I felt it was my duty. I went from Panama to Iraq to Afghanistan I don't care what any of you think I did my duty as an American. But I also respect your right not to serve. So don't tell me I'm some poor slob who had no choice but to join the Marines

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: slednecktx

I wasn't disenfranchised I joined because I felt it was my duty. Every generation of my family has served in the military for 100 years. I felt it was my duty. I went from Panama to Iraq to Afghanistan I don't care what any of you think I did my duty as an American. But I also respect your right not to serve. So don't tell me I'm some poor slob who had no choice but to join the Marines

Thats nice junior.. a few tips for you
1. Freedom of speach - applies equally to all even if you dont like what they have to say.
2. The op and other posters are human beings speaking their views as is their right just as youve spoke yours.
3. did my time too junior four tours in a little place called vietnam with s.o.g when you were still in diapers back in the world .. also spent 40+ years putting people together in hellholes around the world while the fools and idiots slaughtered each other. Seen and survived far more than you can even start to imagine and am fiercely opposed to wars regardless of reason so take your patriotic bovine fecal matter and choke on it. patriotism only gets people killed kid.

Apologies to the op and rest .. one of those days my ptsd acting up and in foul mood now .. people like junior there with that attitude give vets a bad rep.
edit on 29/6/14 by Expat888 because: typo.. bloody english grrr...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm not promoting the notion of War but it does have the positive aspect of advancing our technological level.

I imagine however this aspect will become a moot point as humanity approaches the singularity and technological advancement progresses exponentially.

That's of course if we don't destroy ourselves in the process which in all lightly hood seems inevitable if we continue the way we are going.

edit on 29-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: slednecktx

Don't give me flack because I'm on this thread. I have a family with a military history, too. This is more of a thought exercise.

What would it take to stop war? Personally, I don't think it's possible because there will never be a population of people who will be able to utterly and completely respect all their neighbors. It's sad, but it's true. And, so long as that is true; there will be war and the need to guard against it. So the military will be necessary.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"What would it take to stop war?"

A complete and utter paradigm shift regarding human nature might do the trick.

How that's even achievable is a whole new kettle of fish through.

edit on 29-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
My thoughts on war?

War is what happens when politicians fail to do their job.

Also,

Politicians are supposed to represent the people. If the people want war, they will elect a politician who wants war.

Final thought on the subject, when hasn't there been war?

When was the last time there was peace all throughout the planet?

ETA; Is this why so many want a one-world government? Because that'd be about the only way to end all war.
edit on 29-6-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join