It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Revelation - Past, future or present

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

It appears the blue star was Comet Holmes in late 2007

"Author Drunvalo Melchizedek, one of the many spiritual teachers now wandering the Earth and who has spent years with indigenous people, says the Hopi and Mayan Elders are in agreement that the appearance of Comet Holmes in late 2007 was the “blue star” foretold in their prophecies. They believe a seven year period of purification has thus begun."

All bases are loaded as far as Hopi Indians are concerned.

perdurabo10.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the information on the third secret of Fatima, and the hint to look at chapters 8-13. Didn't know that.

I always thought it strange with the Fatima prophecy that:

Lucia and some others received 3 revelations from Mary.
They received instructions on how to reveal these things.
Lucia gave those instructions to the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Church chose to not listen to the instructions that ultimately came from mother Mary.

Not too surprising but at the same time right in the face with rebellion.

I looked through revelation 8-13 briefly, and see a lot of "1/3". A third of the ocean animals will die, a third of the trees will burn up, etc. It's really precise in this regard, maybe. Revelation was definitely not meant to be figured out with precision and certainty. It can be interpreted either figuratively or literally. If doing it in either or both ways we end up with many possibilities. I. E., Is the head of a lion with wings a helicopter, does it have an archetypical meaning, should we look at a statue, etc.. It is very interesting though. It was meant to be used as a compass for sure but it's definitely difficult to get into Johns head on what exactly he meant.

The Catholic Church is involved in a big way. So is the Middle East. That is all I know beyond the shadow of a doubt so I stick with watching those two things for now. I like reading these threads though, as more may end up resonating with me that strongly.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

The Islamic Mahdi is not supposed to be able to come until 1/3 of the people are dead. That's not in Revelation, but I've heard that before.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Well, don't mean that period is pretty much done? If the comet came in 2007 and began the period, those seven years are about up.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It doesn't say before Jesus comes but these would mean we are heading there. Isn't the Old Testament of the Koran the same as the Christian bible? It's almost embarrassing to not know that for sure but I think it is. If so maybe the 1/3 is written in the Old Testament too. If it isn't written, it's weird how both religious prophecies comes up with 1/3 as an indicator.

Rev.8:7-1st Trumpet: Hail, fire, and blood. 1/3 all grass and trees burned up

Rev.8:8 -2nd Trumpet: Great mountain hits sea. 1/3 all ocean becomes blood. 1/3 all sea life dies and 1/3 all ships destroyed.

Rev.8:10-3rd Trumpet: Wormwood star hits earth. 1/3 all freshwater poisoned.

Rev.8:12-4th Trumpet: 1/3 of sun and moon darkened. Rev.9:1-5th Trumpet: locust beasts that sting and torment men are loosed from the pit.

Rev.9:13-6th Trumpet: demons released and 200 million army kills 1/3 of the world's population.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Your welcome and yes does sound like helicopters and war machines to me as well. It all reads as a massive nuclear war which will destroy most of the US and part of Europe with billions dead. Sadly it will take fire to show us the insignificance of materialistic greed and return us to our proper nature.

US is burning the middle east by funding private armies (ISES, Al-Qaeda etc) through their puppet states Saudia Arabia and Qatar, which is attempt to cut off both China's and Russia economies and control the worlds energy. So I'm guessing China/Russian alliance will one day respond with an all out strike against US (sneak nuclear attack!) and latter invade Europe and the Vatican.

Take Care.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes but war has been underway in middle east and it might end with nuclear bang this November 2014 so we cannot dismiss Hopi prophecy just yet.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I wonder if Russia ever wishes to strike the United States if it will use Israel to do so (strike them to get to us). If so, it would fulfill the Gog/Magog war. It's truly never ending over there. I don't know how everyone isn't living in a constant state of fear. Maybe you did this above so ignore this if so, but why do you say November?

We have the bible, St. Malacy, Nastrodaumus, the Hopi, Fatima, and Mother Shipton all predicting significant events for a time that matches our own. I hear people say that others have felt this way for thousands of years (that the end time prophecies matched their time). There is no proof our ancestors thought any such thing. Those above (and more I can't think of), were given the gift of seeing a glimpse into the future, and then were compelled to make a record of it - In spite of the risks of doing so in their time. All of them describe the same stuff, in the same order (although John made it difficult to decipher). It is unlikely each read the others work, with the exception of the bible (not easily accessible in some of these time periods). Even if the Hopi had a copy of the bible (highly doubtful), we have all deciphering John's words in the same way - with the same details in many cases to act as road signs. What comes to mind as an example is: women with short hair and short dress; "look like men" and descriptions of cultural mannerisms that were vastly different than their own.

It's fascinating but it would be nice if the road signs included how many more miles ahead instead of just "you're more than half way".

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube

It could be all. I think the prophecy/teaching relates to humanities and societies challenges more than an exact event. Specifically the challenge between governments out ruling God and the challenge for us to step up against this. About societies becoming negligent to things like technology and sin rather than the beauty of nature, life and good.

It kinda of stands to reason that Governments out rule your god (as well as other gods and goddesses), people are turning more to facts these days than the blind faith that religion requires. The more we understand the world (and the Universe) around us, the less the god of the gaps is required to explain things.

As for the OP, you have clearly done your research into your writing, thank you for a good read. I would say though that, like the prophecies of Nostradamus, the book of revelations (and indeed the whole bible) can be interpreted to fit many different scenarios. Of course it doesn't help that it seems ISIS/L is deliberately trying to fulfill certain prophecies (the use of their black flag for one, blatantly obvious example.

To me they do this to gain the backing of those in the region that believe in that sort of thing...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
The preterist believe that most of Revelation already prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 but other prophecies suggest that we could be in the midst of the end times....

In short, the book of Revelation is about what seven "angels" do to the world. At the very beginning of the book we are told that the seven "angels" are seven leaders of seven first century churches. So yes, the end came in the first century.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Where exactly does it say the 7 angels are 7 leaders of 1st century churches?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Not really.

My husband is a scientist, and all he says that science has ever taught him is how much there is that we will never know, not in this lifetime or for many, many lifetimes to come ... if ever. And that's before we ever start talking about what lies outside our universe.

It's pure arrogance, or blind faith of another sort, to assume that we will eventually know all of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not really.

My husband is a scientist, and all he says that science has ever taught him is how much there is that we will never know, not in this lifetime or for many, many lifetimes to come ... if ever. And that's before we ever start talking about what lies outside our universe.

It's pure arrogance, or blind faith of another sort, to assume that we will eventually know all of it.

And yet, you are still a theist.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Not really.

So? So is he. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

All it means to me is there is plenty of room for both of us to have our respective beliefs: you that there is nothing and we that God exists.
edit on 29-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Woe this is turning out to be a great thread.

Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen.

edit on Ram62914v592014u38 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The opening of the book is set in the writer's time, because he is sharing in the "time of persecution" which it describes.
There is a "flashback" chapter (ch. 12) which takes the story back to the birth and death of Christ, to explain why Satan wants to persecute the church.
The object of the book is to assure the church that God is going to bring the persecutions to an end, which takes it into the writer's future.
The end of the book describes the return of Christ and the establishment of the "new Jerusalem", in which everyone lives for ever in the conscious presence of God. That is definitely still in our own future.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Not really.

So? So is he. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

All it means to me is there is plenty of room for both of us to have our respective beliefs: you that there is nothing and we that God exists.

I can respect that. Although there is still plenty of room for criticism.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The answer will always be all three until the world fades away. The past is the start of a wave that propagates through out all time until it is changed. The truth of this can be found all around us in all the simularities we find.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Something to mention on the 1/3 references there in Revelation. There is another one in the book of Zechariah that should be mentioned as well.

Zechariah 13

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

The book of Zechariah is full of end time prophesies. And many of them seem to be referencing the same events as Revelation. A few to consider.

Zechariah 3-8 and 9. Also Zechariah 4 and 6. These prophesies touch on who are the Branches. The Witnesses of Revelation 11.

Zechariah 5. It's the whore of Babylon.

Zechariah 14. Battle of Armageddon and it's aftermath.

Thought you would want to know.

And something to consider on the Fatima prophesies. In Daniel 11 verses 5 through 9 there is a prophecy about how the kingdoms of the north and south make a treaty and then the south breaks it and attacks the north. Also it states that this is an end time event in verse 6. So I would postulate this. Is verses 7 and 8 referring to an end time attack on Rome?

Something to think about.

edit on 29-6-2014 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
November was in relation to sighting of blue star in Hopi prediction but I got it wrong, if its right blue star then the end of purification (destruction) should be by this November (not the beginning as I thought).

Wasn't aware of prophecies by Mother Shipton, she certainly came out with some very interesting predictions that throw in new light.

"A fiery dragon will cross the sky six times before the earth shall die. Mankind will tremble and frightened be for the six heralds in this prophecy. For seven days and seven nights man will watch this awesome sight. The tides will rise beyond their ken. To bite away the shores and then the mountains will begin to roar and earthquakes split the plain to shore. " That might be the real blue star in Hopi prediction.

Perhaps best clue to time frame is from Pope Pius X prediction of pope that resigns that will eventually walk over dead priest when exiting Rome. If its Pope Benedict XVI, he is 87yo, so you'd think it be sooner than latter, unless he lives to 130 or so, which suits me fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join