It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama ignores Boehner’s lawsuit threat: ‘I’ll keep taking actions on my own’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This all started with Georgia Washington. Of the founders had a problem with Executive Orders they would have done something then. Instead we wait unitl the the guy who has used them less than just about every President since before WW1 is in office. Of course only twice in history have any EOs been overruled by a court. Harrison was the only President not used one, of course being in office for less than a month might be the problem. Seems like modern Presidents use 150 per a term at the minimum and about 300 minimum with two terms. Obama better get busy or he is going bring that average down only 180 so far that means he needs over 100 more in a year and half to hit that minimum level.

It is about the content of the EO not the quantity. Comparing the number of orders/pres is meaningless at best and disingenuous at worse. If a President only wrote one EO which called for the immediate removal of all illegal aliens would that make him the best one because he only wrote one? I didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

My feelings exactly on this. E.O.'s are not something than can be measured by number alone any better than Pardons.

What President was the biggest sucker for a criminal, for instance? Do you know? I sure don't...and why should I care anyway? Probably one a long way back and garden variety corruption.

Do you know who Gerald Ford pardoned? I sure do...and it may be the only pardon that comes to mind as a major...but it makes the point. Like you note too? ONE can make up for lacking a thousand little ones that did nothing important.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

An example of his overuse of executive action is the presidential memorandum -- Federal Student Loan Repayments

Great example.

A trillion dollar example.

That students can't even begin to pay back since they don't have a job to 'repay' it.

Thanks to the emperor in chief. We are looking at that bubble bursting.

Someone is gonna have to pay for it.

Here comes the 'bailouts'.

How The $1.2 Trillion College Debt Crisis Is Crippling Students, Parents And The Economy
edit on 28-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Obama is probably not our first "Imperial President", but he is, by far, the most overt.

I don't think he'll ever listen to the people or do anything that is in the best interest of the people.

He has an agenda. He will continue it.

link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Do you know who Gerald Ford pardoned? I sure do...and it may be the only pardon that comes to mind as a major

Yes sir I do know, and I have mixed feelings on Nixon. You see Nixon signed the phased down release program for the troops in Vietnam. One of the affected troops be me. Shaved a month off my already extended tour. One month was a lot of time to get dead in so who knows could have saved my life that man. As I said, mixed feelings. lol

link   

I've been waiting for years for this president to grow a spine and do something like this. If Boehner can't manage to pass a law to limit the executive then what makes him think the SCOTUS will come running to do it for him?

The most inactive congress trying to limit everyone else too? Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Now here comes the Paybacks.

Playoffs and Pardons.

If Obama gets in trouble....He will whip out his card.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obama hates having to explain his actions. He's counting the days until he gets full war powers.
- Then it'll be, do as I say or die.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Well, on Nixon? I have mixed feelings too. My Father was in San Diego training for a 3rd trip back before he was my Father and around the time Nixon turned the war off. So, in a way... Well... yeah, it's mixed feelings there.

E.O.'s and Presidential actions can have impact so totally out of proportion to that of anyone else in life, I think we're definitely safe in saying numbers mean little tho. Obama seems to make his often count for a lot.
edit on 6/28/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

If Boehner can't manage to pass a law to limit the executive then what makes him think the SCOTUS will come running to do it for him?

Please provide your constitutional authority that gives Speaker Boehner the power to "pass a law to limit the executive"

Plus you do know that Dirty Harry simply refuses to take up anything that the House passes much less the ridiculous idea that Obama would sign such a law. No, the blame of congressional inaction clearly falls hard on the democrats. However, for those as of yet unconvinced we are having a little vote in November to settle the issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I've been waiting for years for this president to grow a spine and do something like this

Really ?

Been waiting for someone to willfully subvert the democratic process, and snip all over the constitution ?

Zieg Heil.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I've been waiting for years for this president to grow a spine and do something like this. If Boehner can't manage to pass a law to limit the executive then what makes him think the SCOTUS will come running to do it for him?

It's not about passing laws.

It's about the U.S. Constitution (you know --- that thing that is so hated by the ilky silky crowd)

Checks & Balances are serious for a majority of House Representatives that actually represent the majority of the American population (by law too !! --- Oh My Gawd !!)

edit on Jun-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I know, right?

I mean, who needs the Constitution anyway? Big waste of time if you ask me.

And freedom?

*pffft!*

Who needs to deal with that, amIright?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The first inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States took place on:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009.

The first Executive Order that Barry signed into law took place on:

Wednesday, January 21, 2009.

Care to guess what it was?

Executive Order 13489 - Presidential Records

When the Archivist provides notice to the incumbent and former Presidents of his intent to disclose Presidential records pursuant to section 1270.46 of the NARA regulations, the Archivist, using any guidelines provided by the incumbent and former Presidents, shall identify any specific materials, the disclosure of which he believes may raise a substantial question of executive privilege.

Upon receipt of a notice of intent to disclose Presidential records, the Attorney General (directly or through the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel) and the Counsel to the President shall review as they deem appropriate the records covered by the notice and consult with each other, the Archivist, and such other executive agencies as they deem appropriate concerning whether invocation of executive privilege is justified.

It's always better to be in control of your own demise. Hopefully people can read between the lines.

edit on 28-6-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I've been waiting for years for this president to grow a spine and do something like this

Really ?

Been waiting for someone to willfully subvert the democratic process, and snip all over the constitution ?

Zieg Heil.

I know, no one liners but, that is just tooooo good and had to say it!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It seems that after you get drunk on anything including power.

There is always a big mess to clean up.

To compare the number of EO like its a scoreboard.

Shows a total lack of understanding.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Dude can shut down any lawsuit coming at him. I wouldn't be worried either.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Obama is probably not our first "Imperial President", but he is, by far, the most overt.

I don't think he'll ever listen to the people or do anything that is in the best interest of the people.

Why should he?

Last term, nothing to lose... Nothing really in his way. He can complete his vision of America without having to give a damn about what the people think of his actions, orders or him personally...

Obama has surpassed emperor, and elevated to godlike status.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Dude can shut down any lawsuit coming at him. I wouldn't be worried either.

Guess so when hes got the Department of Injustice in his pocket.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Checks & Balances are serious for a majority of House Representatives that actually represent the majority of the American population (by law too !! --- Oh My Gawd !!)

What is preventing Boehner from his balancing power? The president writes an EO on EPA regulation, the congress writes a law saying that the EPA can't do that. Yeah...so difficult.

The current House of Representatives is hardly representative of the nation: Republicans Win Fewer Votes, but More Seats than Democrats

Republicans controlled the post–2010 redistricting process in the four states, and drew new lines that helped the GOP win the bulk of the House delegation in each. Republicans captured 13 of 18 seats in Pennsylvania, 12 of 16 in Ohio, nine of 14 in Michigan, and five of eight in Wisconsin. Added together, that was 39 seats for the Republicans and 17 seats for the Democrats in the four pro–Obama states.

Given that data, how can you possibly reconcile the idea that 'the American people have spoken' through their representative voting when Obama won in 2012? Shouldn't he have lost?

Obstructionism isn't good for the country. This president is better off ignoring what he can from the GOP at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join