It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Beauty Looks Like

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
According her webpage

contract nearly 40 individuals, from more than 25 countries such as Sri Lanka, Ukraine, The Philippines, and Kenya. Some are experts in their field, others are purely amateur.

We all see others differently and have our own tastes, this really doesn´t say anything about beauty by country as there were only 40 artists, to get more precise results there should have been at least 100 artists per country. We all see beauty differently.. some like brunettes some redheads etc.

Intresting . maybe we should have similar challenge in members art section
BFFT any volunteers ?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

DTOM had mentioned a few ideas that were deviating from our traditional art contests....let me see where she is on them.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood
The celebrities are done up far too much these days.

The sad thing is that other women feel as if they need to copy it. Every single girl I know has fake breasts! We don't live on Hollywood either. I can't believe how they are all doing this. Now, some of them mention getting Botox lips or whatever it is that makes mouths look like a coho salmon.

Anyways they look so fake it's gross. Fake tans look bad as well, if done too much.

Long fingernails are a real turn off to me. They look like witches fingers crawling out of a grave. That's just a visual I get when I see them. Then they're " having a bad day" when one breaks. Oh boo hoo.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I thought there were two from the Philippines ? One was 1970 red collar, not good.

I think most of us can agree the American women are made up the most.
a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I love how the German designer made her skin super white... awkward...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Nothing inspires attraction as much as the confidence to be who one is, without facade or pretence. I see far too many people wandering about making liars of themselves, and that is not attractive at all!

Good for you for sticking with the natural look!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MojaveBurning

It's all good shooping, but there is nothing that ever tops the original. Nature is beautiful, even the ugly bits. Heck, I do not even like the idea of make up. More often than not, it's nothing but graffiti.

^^ I second the above, nothing beats mother nature. I see many women/girls nowadays wear far too much make up, fake eyelashes, fake hair extensions, fake tans, padded bras......you name it!!

Her original picture is the prettiest one.

S&F for such interestint article, which I'll pinch and share myself. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Interesting how the US designers did the most exaggeration of features - made the mouth bigger, changed the angle of the eyes, etc. The results look like Disney characters rather than real people. That speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I liked the blue backdrop of the Indonesian version, however
I have to say the woman is beautiful period.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO
looks like the authors contracted out the photoshopping job to mexican prisoners working with a flash app. then i got to the u.s. model.

i don't know about you, but my ideal woman doesn't look like a mutated child. where are they getting that?

Thank you for making me spit out perfectly good whiskey from laughing so damn hard! Now I have to clean up my desk and keyboard.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreement BFFT... women mostly don't get how smoking hot they are w/out face paint (well, okay, there are exceptions...) but a pretty woman looks better to me w/out their "face."

The U.S. entries were truly hideous... and I'm indigenous U.S.

I rather liked her original pic...

ETA- and I also find that a lot of women's fashions and make up are more for other women, in a sense, guys are easy to please, really... but other women can be hard on each other... that or it's just something to do... heh.

edit on 6/28/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/28/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join