It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping 101

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kingofyo1
Posted this in the other vaping thread but i've been vaping for approximately 5 years. Started with cigalike, and now i'm on mechanical mods. My current mod is a black copper stingray, a steampunk copper mod, and copper nemesis my wife is using
i'm on a .04 ohm build for cloud chasing. Its become a niche within a niche to chase clouds. its just a new hobby for me. Ive wrapped my own coils for months, and currently wrapping 3 strands of 22ga kanthal 3 times around a 3mm screwdriver. dual triple parallel. Hot as fire but tons of vapor production. Requires special vtc4 or 5 batteries to not blow up in my face

Are you addicted?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Yeah, it can be expensive, but there are cheaper alternative mods you can pick up. check out the kamry 101 kit. you can pick it up for around 20 or 30 bucks from the right place.

Here's one for 36.99: 101vape.com...

After this, you need quality batteries and a charger: vtc4 or vtc5 from sony, or efest 35amp 18650 or mnke 30a 18650.

after you decide whether or not you actually have a genuine interest in turning this into a hobby, you may want to purchase a rebuildable dripper or tank atomizer. that comes with its own territory. yes it does get cheaper if you go that route, but takes much patience and excess time to rebuild and you become a hobbyist quickly lol

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Possibly. I just find it very relaxing building coils and new setups. Building computers as a hobby got too expensive, and this is healthier than smoking lol

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

As far as I am aware, there are no viable cannabis juices available for standard e-cigs. The problem is that the active chemical does not vaporize at the low temperature used in e-cigs.

To claim that people using e-cigs as a means to smoke illegal drugs in public is simply ignorance and we are kinda against that here.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: crayzeed

As far as I am aware, there are no viable cannabis juices available for standard e-cigs. The problem is that the active chemical does not vaporize at the low temperature used in e-cigs.

To claim that people using e-cigs as a means to smoke illegal drugs in public is simply ignorance and we are kinda against that here.

Then you're not aware - at all... actually - You're wrong. I wont post links but there are more than just one way even... just google it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
@OP:

In the light of your newfound pregnancy, will you drop alcoholics and... vapors?

I hope so, but thats just my 2cts.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Vaping is not a smoking cessation method, on the whole. I think that it's far more sensible to think of it in terms of harm reduction.

I smoked for years. 20-30 a day. I tried to quit and lacked the willpower. I would become a nightmare for everyone around me within 2 hours. I tried Champix and put my fist through the kitchen wall.

Only someone who has smoked can truly understand the way that it controls you.

I bought a cig-a-like and it was OK. I was soon back on the stinkies though.

After a few more weeks, I bought a basic ego set up, which helped me turn a corner. It was like smoking. Seriously. I started to research more about it and discovered ways to enhance the experience.

I now have an MVP v2 and a VTR (as well as my original ego, for stealh vaping), plus a couple of aerotanks. I order my juice online from UK based suppliers and the flavour is amazing.

Now, on to the important bits...

I no longer cough. I can walk upstairs without feeling like I want to die. I no longer smell like an ashtray. I have more money. I can sit next to my kids without worrying. I wake up with a similar 'sensation' to when I was a teen each morning. I can taste the air - read that again. I CAN TASTE THE AIR!!!

I am not 'as' addicted to nicotine...I can go hours without a vape. I couldn't go an hour without a cigarette.

It's working for us. Simple as that. Some will always be opposed. To those, I say, be quiet and drive...far far away. To quote a bearded, chipmunk-like man.

Next on my list is a maraxus mech mod. Sub ohms and cloud chasing. It's become a hobby - not an addiction any more. And to those who know...what's gonna happen the ohms drop on a dripper? That's right...so will the nic levels.

Have a good evening all...

Cado.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cado angelus
Vaping is not a smoking cessation method, on the whole. I think that it's far more sensible to think of it in terms of harm reduction.

ECigarettes without nicotine are an extremely effective aid to quitting smoking.

Your obsession with "vaping" is classic addict behaviour.

Nicotine is still a dangerous addictive drug.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

except Nicotine in itself ISNT dangerous nor is it really addictive

Link

In conclusion, our study does not indicate any harmful effect of nicotine when given in its pure form by inhalation.

Link

There’s no such thing as nicotine addiction.

What I'm getting at, though, is the real "addiction" is within someones personality.. I myself vape constantly. I'm not addicted to it anymore, can go without nicotine if i choose to, and have before. I find solace in vaping as it causes a psychologic release of sorts in stress, much as cigarettes did. It may be the action of hand to mouth, which is why some people eat more when they quit or chew gum. Vaping as of late has become a niche hobby of mine when it comes to building coils, and cloud chasing. its something i'm good at and love doing

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kingofyo1

except Nicotine in itself ISNT dangerous nor is it really addictive

Link

In conclusion, our study does not indicate any harmful effect of nicotine when given in its pure form by inhalation.

Link

There’s no such thing as nicotine addiction.

What I'm getting at, though, is the real "addiction" is within someones personality.. I myself vape constantly. I'm not addicted to it anymore, can go without nicotine if i choose to, and have before. I find solace in vaping as it causes a psychologic release of sorts in stress, much as cigarettes did. It may be the action of hand to mouth, which is why some people eat more when they quit or chew gum. Vaping as of late has become a niche hobby of mine when it comes to building coils, and cloud chasing. its something i'm good at and love doing

Get a new hobby.

Your first link to a hospital in Norway says Nicotine is addictive, and your second link to Professor "Killeen" (No Sh!t) says it's not.

In-credible.

There are people addicted to nicotine who are DYING OF CANCER.

Your promotion of your "hobby" keeps people addicted to NICOTINE.

When they can't get it by "vaping" they will return to cigarettes and continue DYING FROM CANCER.

I quit smoking cigarettes by using the Nicoderm patch to wean myself off the drug addiction and No-Nicotine Ecigarettes to deal with the habit.

I no longer use Nicoderm patches and though I still carry a No-Nicotine, $10.00 Ecigarette for when my friends pull out their cigarettes, I haven't had to use it for several days.

Promoting an addictive and harmful (Peter Killing aside) drug because you're "really good at making puffers" is unethical, immoral and deluded.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I actually just ordered my oldest son, 23, this Innokin iTaste 134 Starter Kit, a monster huge stainless steel variable one, because he drops and ruins the equipment. This is only cheaper if you don't have to buy new equipment all the time.
And a variety of juice. This time I'm going to try and get him to low, and then to mixing low with no nicotine, within a year.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well it came and my new kit which is an ego twist with a nice tank, the older kits leaked and the eliquids, didn't like them. Well both his and mine taste the same, and the flavor is crisp and clean and am so impressed. Will be showing this to a few other people, letting them try and trying to encourage a switch so that they can quit as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99
Hope your son likes the itaste, I have a vtr and it's built well. I did drop it about 4 ft on concrete picked it up and still worked. I read about them before I bought it and needed something that could take a beating. I have a shepherd that likes to snach stuff out of my hand and take off and won't give it back till I trade it for a treat, she likes to tease. I don't think an ego and a plastic carto would hold up against those jaws. She's not tiny.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: irgust

I don't like too much mist, and those monster ones are well....monsters to me. But my son really is happy with this. And I'm really happy with the ego twist ones when turned fairly low. Maybe the other ones were slightly defective that I had, because this is a clean crisp flavor that isn't too sweet. I can't stand most flavors, pretty much strawberry and a few tobacco flavors only, anything heavy like chocolate, or anything really sweet bothers me. I ordered bubble gum thinking it would just appeal to my son, but it has a fruity flavor, lacks any heavy sweet taste and is akin to the strawberry, very light. Think its going to be my new favorite.

Another thing I noted, moving from the coast to the semi desert interior. Its far easier to use a mist device in a semi desert than in a rain forest area. I felt like I was drowning before, not so much now.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

I have been smoking for 15+ years a pack a day.

I want to quit with e-cigs, but the blus and the other store bought disposable ones are crap and I'm tired of spending money on them. Plus they make me cough.

I tried an e-hookah but hate the wick cartridges because they always seem to stop working after a few weeks or so and they are expensive. I don't like the food flavored juices I want it to taste like a Marlboro light since that what I smoked for 15 years.

Can you recommend a setup for a novice like me thats not too expensive and that would last? I would rather buy something that works and lasts instead of waste another 30 bucks on a blu setup thats garbage anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nicotine is not what gives people cancer in smoking.......

I just got myself a MVP2, so far not really a happy camper. The tank it comes with, iclear 30, and the spare tank recommended to me by the esmoke shop guy both suck. The iclear has like no taste at all, and the T3D wouldn't work at all without drilling out the airhole more. Not to mention the esmoke place marked up everything ridiculously high, should have shopped online, but it was a pretty impulsive buy. Plus the juice is not going to last nearly as long as the guy said it would.

On a positive note, only smoked 15 smokes since I got it around noon last saturday, and I am usually a pack and a half to two pack a day smoker, so that is good. I ordered a different tank, some juice and a cheap RBA clone, hoping stupid ass customs don't mess with it, heard there has been a problem with that lately. I am hoping the juice arrives before I run out, I am broke, can't afford anymore, and the esmoke place is a two hour drive away, and charges 15 for a 30ml bottle.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Nicotine is not what gives people cancer in smoking.......

I just got myself a MVP2, so far not really a happy camper. The tank it comes with, iclear 30, and the spare tank recommended to me by the esmoke shop guy both suck. The iclear has like no taste at all, and the T3D wouldn't work at all without drilling out the airhole more. Not to mention the esmoke place marked up everything ridiculously high, should have shopped online, but it was a pretty impulsive buy. Plus the juice is not going to last nearly as long as the guy said it would.

On a positive note, only smoked 15 smokes since I got it around noon last saturday, and I am usually a pack and a half to two pack a day smoker, so that is good. I ordered a different tank, some juice and a cheap RBA clone, hoping stupid ass customs don't mess with it, heard there has been a problem with that lately. I am hoping the juice arrives before I run out, I am broke, can't afford anymore, and the esmoke place is a two hour drive away, and charges 15 for a 30ml bottle.

That's a "positive note"?

"15 smokes" and a bottle of Chinese nicotine in a week?

Sounds like a typical endless loop of addiction to me.

You've dredged up my comments from 6 months ago, but I still haven't had any desire to smoke a cigarette in 2 1/2 years since reading "The Easy Way(to quit smoking)" combined with a nicotine skin patch and a NO NICOTINE disposable Ecigarette.

The book taught me that I was putting more effort into continuing to smoke than it would take to quit, and the nicoderm patch eased the transition from chemical to mere psychological addiction, which a no nicotine eciggy easily deals with.

Had a reunion with an old mate (who chain smokes) a couple days ago and I pulled the trusty little 'Vapur' ecigarette out of my pocket for the first time in weeks during a session of drinkin' over old times.

It worked! No relapse!

In the past, such temptation has brought about my smoking again, but thanks to the no nicotine 'Vapur' I remain free from addiction for 2015!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Canadian nicotine actually. And that alan carr audiobook was worthless to me. Anyone who didn't already know everything in his book is a little thick lol. He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know a long time already.

I searched for vaping and came across your comment, you seem to be under the impression that nicotine is cancer causing, and that has not been anywhere near proven. Congrats on kicking the addiction though.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
After a year and a half of vaping a cigalike I decided it was time to move on up and get a real vaping unit , I immersed myself in into the world of vaping for the last week and decided that out of all the available options the Kangertech EMOW was going to be my first kit.
Quick trip to Amazon and 3 days later I received my new EMOW ...... Wow , I've had it since Monday and it is fantastic , dual coil heads , airflow control tank and a 3 step variable voltage on a 1300 mah battery give me clouds of vapour I could only dream of using the cigalike.
If anyone is looking to move up from a cigalike I can highly recommend this , best 30 quid I've spent.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I myself have no desire to quit smoking but decided to try e-cigs for 2 reasons. 1, I'm sick of people constantly complaining about the smell even though I have no desire to be around them in the first place and would prefer it if someone who wants to control my life would just stay away. 2, It's supposed to be MUCH healthier which was the deciding factor.

I started with a variable voltage Lotus revo and whatever the tank was that it came with. I couldn't handle the constant spray of juice the tank put out and tried one with better reviews. Don't remember which tank it was but it worked much better if I tore it down and thoroughly cleaned at least once per day. Then I spent $35 on a Nautilus Aspire variable air flow tank, still using the same battery. I have to say I am more than satisfied with the tank, I never had to clean it out and didn't have any problem with juice getting in my mouth.

After a couple of weeks of using this set up I noticed I was still smoking just as many cigarettes to get my nicotine "fix". As I said I have no desire to cut back on nicotine intake. So I put the cigarettes down and sucked on the vape with nearly every breath for over 3 hours without feeling any level of satisfaction whatsoever. At which point I went outside for a Marlboro red 72 expecting to stop before getting halfway through it after all the 24mg content e-juice I had been vaping.

I chain smoked 2 cigarettes instead before I felt the normal nicotine rush. I figured it had more to do with the extra's in cigarettes on top of the nicotine that was my problem and gave up the vape. Less than 2 months ago I found the T Vape online and decided to try vaping actual tobacco instead of e-juice. This was a very risky test at $187 for the vape, but I took the dive anyways. Luckily I have been very satisfied with this method and believe that once I can get used to it will be able to quit burning tobacco which will greatly reduce the extra toxin intake.

Today I decided to investigate the bodies ability to absorb the nicotine in e-juice and came across this web page Nicotine absorption from e-cigarettes , which if accurate confirms my belief that I just wasn't getting enough nicotine from the vape.
About 1/3rd way down the page is a nice line graph comparing nicotine absorption levels from 1st gen vapes, 2nd gen vapes, and traditional cigarettes. According to them, 5 minutes after consumption nicotine plasma levels are 185% higher with tobacco than with 2nd gen vapes, and 286% higher immediately after consumption.

The end result for me is that, at least with current vapes, e-juice is only helpful if trying to cut back on nicotine intake in order to quit, which I am not interested in. I thought this may prove as useful information for anyone having trouble switching to vaping.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join