It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Chinese Weapons of War America Should Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Yes another america dies, china great etc.Please...

No its simple worry.

USA will not always be number 1.

Superpowers rise and fall

And if you act arrogant and smug the USA fall will be sooner than you think.

I dont want china to take the top spot. But attitudes like you will ensure it will.

"playing the fiddle while rome burns"
"Chanting USA USA while America Burns"
edit on 28-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No its simple worry.

If so I hope we fall with more grace then Britain did.Over 50 years ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No its simple worry.

If so I hope we fall with more grace then Britain did.Over 50 years ago.

WTF that meant to mean?

The British empire died in one big bang defending freedom alongside you Americans in WW2 and took two of the worst regimes down with it IE Nazi Germany and Japan.

Think that a pretty good end.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: travis911
China's military is rising, America's is declining. Don't let all the talk of "America's military is bigger than the next 11 militiaries" and what not. Beijing is hell bent on kicking the US out of Asia, and they are building the weapons to do it. From carrier-killer missiles, cyber weapons, and all sorts of technological goodies they stole from us, they want to be the leader in Asia. Soon America won't stand a chance:

nationalinterest.org...

Soon America won't stand a chance? I guess you are basing this claim under the assumption that the US is taking their feet off the throttle and not investing in R&D. You can say China is catching up, but the reality is that EVERY other nation has been so far behind since WWII that they're all playing catch up as the US continues to develop new technologies..

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: KawRider9

Actually america is probably more vulnerable than any other nation due to its reliance on technology.

Hack a cple satellites detonate an emp or 2 and the most advanced military complex in the world wouldn't know what was happening anywhere and most of it's hardware would be inoperable.

Remember what happened in Vietnam with all the USA's technological superiority and what has been happening in Afghan and Iraq against relatively unorganised and untrained volunteers.

'pride comes before a fall' happened again and again throughout history to the dominating cultures of their time usually through internal corruption to start then all those countries/groups/tribes..... see the weakness and take their revenge.

Do you really believe we are that soft? Really? In the book "One Second After" Good Ol Newt G. has a forward saying that we are soft to such attacks. Combine that with the news around the same time that NoKo was blasting off low level nukes for such a weapon. We were off to the races hardening every military asset. I think its just a guise that we remain soft. An EMP will affect us here at ATS but not the USM.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Biggest difference now is we are broke they aren't..

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't count the US military out yet. It would be safe to say that the US is coming out with some ground breaking aircraft soon. Maybe not publicly but they will be operational soon.

These are weapons especially designed to punk nations like china and hit them in places and ways they never thought imaginable, with technology not even their hackers can figure out exists. Pride in waht you build can keep great secrets. Even from people who want to find them out real bad.

With some of these aircraft nothing is safe on the chinese home land and they aren't going to get anywhere close to the US homeland. May take out guam or kadena and other forward airfields but then again maybe we don't need bases that close to the enemy anymore. But they do. We have them in check and they know we are close to putting them in full check again. They don't have the experience or manufacturing to create some of the materials these new generation of aircraft and weapons utilize. They aren't coming close anytime soon to developing what we are about to deploy. There are more chinese and russian engineers, generals and admirals pacing back and forth at night scared about what the us is creating than the other way around.

Feel free to give either of those nations the middle finger now if you want. They aren't going to be a military threat to the US for much longer. Our people have been working hard. And due to some major advantages our military industrial complex has we are far ahead of them. Remember when Obama publicly told the world that the US military is much more advanced than anyone else's in the world. Maybe he wasn't making that part up.

Chinas building crummy 5th generation aircraft. The US's new aircraft are on a whole other magnitude. More like generation 6. When everyone else is barely figuring out generation 5. I wouldn't underestimate the US. Also, EMP. think we haven't figured out a way to keep our military's critical elements fighting after even the worst EMP attack. He'll from what I've heard. And EMP attack might actually help these new aircraft power their systems. Americas military IS badass. And our military industrial complex (the only one of its kind or magnitude in the history of man and anywhere on the world) hasn't been getting and spending trillions of dollars over the years for nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And for those who bring up how the US is vulnerable to an EMP attack... Well, that could be said for any nation, the only difference is that the US has the resources to be able to rebound quicker than most countries. And in the event an EMP happened, they do have the military in place to be able to go back to older tactics we saw in past wars.

Let me put it this way, if there was an EMP, I would trust the US to get up and running much easier than most 1st world nations. I'm not even considering poorer nations, because they really don't even factor in this debate. And I'm sure if an EMP happened over China or Russia or any other super power they would deal with problems to

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The united states put the final coffin nail into the British empire - if Peter Hitchens is to be believed. He made an interesting and often quite shocking case for it here recently ......:www.bbc.co.uk...

Peter Hitchens re-examines the relationship between the USA and UK, suggesting that - instead of an intimacy based on their shared histories, cultures and language - the real relationship is one of tactfully-concealed hostility.

Since French military and naval intervention won America its independence, the new Republic has been Britain's most consistent real rival with the Burning of the White House its most potent symbol.

The first half of the 20th century was characterised by unprecedented hostility between the two nations and American support for Britain in both World Wars came at a price. Peter Hitchens argues that Lend-lease during the war was not an act of friendship, but a cynical subsidy, and much was demanded in return - our gold reserves and bases in the Caribbean. At Bretton Woods, he suggests, Britain came under irresistible pressure from the US to abandon Sterling's position as a major reserve currency, ceding it to the US dollar.

After 1945, the 'help' stopped. The post-war years saw the Suez humiliation, brutal (however well-deserved) pressure on Britain to submit to the European Union, and a series of events which show that the United States only observed the Special Relationship when it suited - treating Britain as a junior rather than an equal partner.

With pro-active argument and surprising revelations, Peter Hitchens challenges the received wisdom and attempts to show that Uncle Sam was always out to replace the British Empire with its own global leadership.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: KawRider9

Actually america is probably more vulnerable than any other nation due to its reliance on technology.

While asymmetric warfare is still a problem, for ANY military force, the tech of the U.S. is already Battle Proven. China's is NOT, and their track record of producing quality is lacking.

For example, do you think a Chinese made J-20 would stand up to the just normal wear and tear a Modern Fighter has to endure, let alone battle and bad environmental conditions? I wouldn't trust a J-20 just in regular flight over any U.S. aircraft. A J-20 in the Middle East would have it's engines disintegrate within the first week or so of being sandblasted there.

The Anti-Ship Missile is a weapon that will be copied. If accurate, it will be a devastating weapon, if you can get a CBG close enough. To be honest it would be a devasting weapon on any target, land or sea.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Chinese cannot think on their own. To teach them to do so would be to erase thousands of years of red and gold. They need a program to follow which is why they can never lead. Sometimes logic can't figure out what your gut can.

They need to start kicking their kids out of the house at 18.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Chinese cannot think on their own. To teach them to do so would be to erase thousands of years of red and gold. They need a program to follow which is why they can never lead. Sometimes logic can't figure out what your gut can.

What a very narrow minded xenophobic generalization of 1.3 billion people.

Thats like saying all Americans are dumb hill billies with only guns for brains and know nothing of the outside world.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

There is a higher percentage of young adults living with their parents in the US than there is in China. (Ages 18-31, 36% USA-30% CH)

20 years ago, it was reversed, and I imagine that it will swing back and forth as the economic winds blow.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
I realy try to understand the american mentality regarding always thinking you are the best, always was the best and are untouchable. How do you get that? You have not won a armed conflict against a adversary of same strenth. Pls do not give me bullsht about there aint someone same. You do not have a economy you got debt. You lost your economy, your privacy, your armed conficts against peasant armed self defense people not armies, you lost controll of your goverment, you are invaded by the 1000ths each day by illigal immigrants, your social systems is useless and frankly a joke and you even lost credibility by substituting your president with a something duno call him what you like. And still you have this weard head in the sand believe you are the best. Do you realy think there would have been a cold war if russia was so bad? Why is iraq a freaking sess pool after 10 years? Pls do not tell me they fighting and killing each other for generations. There was order and leadership before you destroyed it. Yes not the order and leadership you have in in america but who made you god to decide your way is the right and only way? I believe the only way your country stayed the way it is was due to your countries insistant medling in every others business to keep the eyes off your own inabilities. I dont care who become world power after america. To me i wish i can understand how in todays day and age peoplecan be so naive and i duno indoctrinated or stupified to blindly believe

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What a very narrow minded xenophobic generalization of 1.3 billion people.

Thats like saying all Americans are dumb hill billies with only guns for brains and no nothing of the outside world.

Not to beat a dead horse, but American/Western military doctrine instills lower level units to "think and react" on their own where Soviet/Russian/Chinese Military doctrine is a "Top/Down" type of command structure.

In all the recent wars the latters doctrine has proven to be VERY faulty. Limiting the freedom of action till receiving orders from above, turns them into sitting ducks. Modern warfare is too hectic and fast pasted to be wage solely from the Central HQ, unit leaders must be able to exploit weaknesses in a moment to be successful.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Well considering America is extremely diverse, unlike China, that comparison doesn't make any sense.

Then again I am just a dumb American that doesn't "no" nothing of the outside world.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's a marvel to look at history and see how often something has come to pass and held to be true in major powers across our past. Leaders of military, economic or trade across regions or the known world. Positions haven't changed much for posturing or outcome. The truth I've noticed?

Those most busy with declarations about being invincible in a blatant display of hubris in demanding no one else can defeat them...are often interrupted by the cold steel of those too busy to talk, while in the process of defeating the loud mouth.

I think, personally, China has a good deal more than we're so self-assuredly saying they can or do ..and we're probably the last in the world to stand on secrecy or effective counter-intelligence to insist we know much of anything, for certain, about much of anyone at this point. Our intelligence abilities are as crappy today by degradation through scandal and leak as I've seen them in my lifetime ...yet we're at the peak of declarations based on that same intelligence being 110% PERFECTLY accurate.

I think we're going to get a hard, rude and very deadly lesson in the years to come about doing vs. talking when it comes to defense and looking at other nations. We used to DO...now we talk. China used to talk, and now they are more the DOING types. It's a bad mix when so many haven't realized the changing dynamic to define outcomes here.

Just my thoughts where China is concerned. (they were learning how NOT to play this game while Columbus was in diapers playing with toy boats at bath time)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

No doubt China is bulking up and about to start flexing it's muscles. The real test will be how the US/China relationship works. it's not like they are the Soviets of the Cold War, we both have immense trade relations with each other.

It's not in either sides interest to "rock the boat" much, lest it capsizes for both.

The better diplomatic of the two will be the one prevailing. Neither will be able to dominate the other, so we have to find a way to coexist in a productive manner for both.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

Well considering America is extremely diverse, unlike China, that comparison doesn't make any sense.

Then again I am just a dumb American that doesn't "no" nothing of the outside world.

Well you obviously missed the whole point of my post.

IE not to generalize.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

I'll tell ya why we think like we do.

Our land is vast and our people are armed. Americans are an angry bunch and when poked, we fight, and we fight hard.

Not sayin' we are the best, as there are quite a few bad apples out there. But when united, we are very, very strong. Couple that with our military and you'll get an idea of where our mentality comes from.

There's a reason why no Nation has tried to invade America and wage war on us. It would not end well for whoever tried. And the World knows that. Hence, no invasions as of yet...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join