It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horoscope Predictions - True or False

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I want to try a little game or experiment of sorts.

I have read my horoscope for one day and then I compared it to how my day went to see if it was true or way off.

I would like the next poster to do the same. Find your horoscope and paste it here and then explain to us if it was true or too far off to be correct. Choose any horoscope you wish as there are many out there.

leolady's horoscope

Leo Horoscope
Friday, Jun 27, 2014
You'll be feeling a little low-key at the moment, and you should really try to focus on the more spiritual side of life today. It wouldn't be a great idea to think about cutting loose and having a little fun right now. It's a much better time for you to be a little more selfless and just focus your efforts on taking care of others.

If you try to do everything you can to help out other people today, you’ll be able to accomplish a lot. There are bound to be some difficult personal situations that will pop up and require your attention as well. Just try to take whatever time is needed to resolve things today, since it wouldn’t be a good idea to ignore any important issues right now. Mantra: Anything can be solved with a little imagination.

sou rce

Feeling low key: Absolutley right on. I have been sick with a massive tooth ache and in need of a root canal on my tooth. I went to the doctor and was put on pennicilin and pain medication until I could get seen to have the root canal.

Focus your efforts on taking care of others: I went into work to get a bunch of urgent matters taken care of when instead I should of been staying home sick in bed. I didn't feel I could take time off as other staff was out on personal leave and my not being there meant stuff would not get done. I stayed for half a day, but could bear the pain and fever any longer and then my dentist decided to move the appt sooner when they found out I now had a fever. I was there for others over my well being first.

Difficult personal situations that pop up that will require your attention: My aching tooth got much worse and I began to run a fever and had to get in for my root canal sooner. I left work for the day and went to an emergency appt to have the tooth fixed asap.

Seems like my horoscope was correct for the most part.

What about yours ? Let's hear if how your horoscope pans out for a day ?

leolady
edit on 28-6-2014 by leolady because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by leolady because: fixes

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Today you might be feeling a bit tense, Aquarius, and you probably won't understand why. The secret? It's the planets. You might tend to jump at unexpected noises or take offense where none is intended. Relations with others could be a little strained, necessitating some communication about how you're feeling. Try to work off the tension by taking a brisk walk or perhaps working out at the gym.

Lol, it is still morning so I can't say if this is going to pan out. If it does then my day is definitely going downhill.

You might tend to jump at unexpected noises - Okay, I'm expecting the unexpected noises now so forewarned and all that.

Relations with others could be a little strained uhm, no, without too many details the .... 'cuddle' my hubby gave me this morning had nothing strained or restrained about it.

Try to work off the tension by taking a brisk walk or perhaps working out at the gym. Not feeling tense yet, but if I do it is pouring with rain outside and as for the gym - PWAAHHH HHAAAAA HAAAA, oh dear, I'm crying with laughter. Hang on, if I'm crying now maybe that is the turn for the worse that the horoscope is predicting

Interesting idea for a thread.
I look forward to the replies (and if my day does pan out as predicted I'll let you know).

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
I want to try a little game or experiment of sorts.

I have read my horoscope for one day and then I compared it to how my day went to see if it was true or way off.

i ain't all that bright, but wouldn't it be a valider test to read the horoscope after your day? otherwise you might get results tainted by consormation bias.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

i found mine for yesterday.

Your brain is a terrific asset

— but today, it may just get in the way of progress! Try not to overthink or make too much of small clues. Just work with the surface reality and you should be fine.

no problemo.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Yes your are correct. I actually didn't read this horoscope until this morning. I found another too that coincided with this
one a bit.

However, I will leave it up to each poster on how they choose to do it, before or after. Either way works for me.

leolady

edit on 28-6-2014 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

Good point. Besides that "predictions" are vague enough to drive a truck through.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Astrology is false due to one simple reality: the Earth wobbles on its axis:

Earth at present:

Earth in 13,000 years:

It takes about 26,000 years for one revolution of wobble. Summer and Winter will switch places in 13,000 years.

As the Earth wobbles, the constellations change as well. Astrology was invented around 2000 BC. The sky changes enough that the constellations will shift about one full constellation every 2000 years. When someone was born an Aquarius 4000 years ago, they are not an Aquarius today since the constellations have shifted twice since then.

Not to mention:

At the end of the 17th century, new scientific concepts in astronomy and physics (such as heliocentrism and Newtonian mechanics) called astrology into question. Astrology thus lost its academic and theoretical standing, and common belief in astrology has largely declined.
Wiki

Astrology has been debunked by science and physics. It's for entertainment purposes only.

edit on 28-6-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Hi Leolady,
I hope your toothache is gone by now.

I'm game.

I haven't read my horoscope in a very long time, over a year maybe.

onverbal communication can speak louder than our words, dear Capricorn, and it's usually what we don't say but nevertheless express that others take away from what we express. Today is strong for others picking up on the subtleties you are trying to convey, and for inspiring a certain level of trust. Even so, the conversations you do have can be inspiring. You might come away from them with a greater understanding of others and of your own life. Compassion is highlighted. You are expressing yourself with quiet but creative flair. New insight may come regarding a relationship, with a sibling, and possibly even a neighbor for some. You might willingly help someone out and play a supportive role today.

I'd say it's pretty spot on. I did help out people.
I did a pendulum reading for my husband, and a Tarot card reading for one of my sister-in-laws.
And the rest ...well ,yes, my husband and I were discussing our summer plans, I hope I was inspiring.lol

S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

I get your point and what you are saying, but astrology does take into consideration the movements of all the planets and the changing constellations... at least, detailed astrological horoscopes do (but not necessarily the shortened ones like those discussed here).

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don´t believe in these daily horoscopes.. i read them from the page and most of horoscope signs ( 10 of 12 ) have a difficult day today as it seems.. people according todays horoscope have a lot negative arguments and offensiveness coming to their way.. so more than 80% of us TODAY should keep themselves in the bed and not opening their mouth lol

I guess to that horoscope writer it has been a bad morning and you all have to suffer from it.. grins ...

And now im picturing 80% of population ranting and behaving bad today.. need a ticket to the moon

edit on 28-6-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
astrology does take into consideration the movements of all the planets and the changing constellations...

If that were the case, then someone born today in February would not be an Aquarius because the constellations have shifted twice since the advent of astrology.

Today's astrology is based on where the constellations were 4000 years ago, not where they are today. You can't be born an Aquarius in February if the constellation of Aquarius isn't even there anymore in February, and won't be for another ~20,000 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You oughta see the way they do horoscopes over here in Korea. They're definitely not something like you read in the newspaper.

Why doesn't 1/12th of the population have the exact same experience daily over there?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't believe in daily horoscopes, since they vary from different sources.

But! There is something in your zodiac sign, I believe they really work. I have noticed it recently. Like, I am Cancer. I recognize myself from Cancer characteristics.
Cancer Strength Keywords:
- Imaginative
- Loyalty
- Dependable
- Caring
- Adaptable
- Responsive
- Intuitive

Cancer Weakness Keywords:
- Moody
- Clingy
- Self-pitying
- Oversensitive
- Self-absorbed

Yeah, worst part of being Cancer is that I'm very moody, sometimes I feel like I am king of the world, while some days I feel like loser. Also, Cancer are usually shy and reserved. I really hate that part. But I love the intuitive part, I'm very intuitive.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I personally find horoscopes much to general for predicting the future.

I much prefer Tyromancy, or studying the entrails of chickens.

ptskahill.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Today and yesterday might very well be painful and uncomfortable for many. The sun has been pretty active. I'm just starting to get into the habit of looking up what our sun is up to when a migraine hits me and coincidentally the sun is quite a bit more active during that time...at least in the last couple years.

top topics

join